SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    My 2.5yr old grandson has Stage 4 Cancer Update 3-15-21 Pg18. Was cancer free for 6 months, Cancer has returned, Beat cancer a second time!
Page 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My 2.5yr old grandson has Stage 4 Cancer Update 3-15-21 Pg18. Was cancer free for 6 months, Cancer has returned, Beat cancer a second time! Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Best wishes for your family.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16088 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mark1Mod0Squid
Picture of Sigolicious
posted Hide Post
Well, there is good news but not yet great news.

Titus currently has 2 neuroblastoma lesions. One on 6th right rib and another on his left femur. He was back in treatment with outpatient chemo in Apr-Jun. Mid July it was discovered that the lesions were getting larger by about 20% so a different course of chemo was undertaken. This protocol included 4 rounds of inpatient (5 days each) chemo followed by radiation therapy, immunotherapy and stem cell transplants.

The kicker is that they want him to go to either Seattle Children's or Sloan Kittery New York for the immunotherapy & stem cell transplants. Seattle is out of the question due to flying. They can drive to NY in about 8-9hrs, but NY has a stupid quarantine in place and that even includes my daughter and grandson who have both had negative covid tests. One of the other parents and their child from the same hospital in VA was turned around at the airport with an appointment to Sloan Kittery last month. So at this time she is trying to work a schedule with her mother-in-law in Rochester NY to do her 14 day quarantine there then down to NYC for the treatment.

As it stands the prognosis is "get to the next step & go from there".

Thank all for keeping Titus in your prayers.

Posts: 2027 | Location: AZ | Registered: May 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
Picture of thomjb
posted Hide Post
All continue to be in my prayers...

Thom

"Tulta munille!"
NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Certified Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer
SAF Life Member

Posts: 2835 | Location: SouthWest IN | Registered: August 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
Prayers for Titus.
Are there no other locations for treatment?

Posts: 1223 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mark1Mod0Squid
Picture of Sigolicious
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BOATTRASH1:
Prayers for Titus.
Are there no other locations for treatment?

My limited understanding is that there are various places within the children's cancer network that specialize in a particular treatment based on a metric but ton of DNA markers. No one hospital can possibly contain all of the different treatments so they have the patient go where the home oncologist recommends based on those genetic DNA factors.

Posts: 2027 | Location: AZ | Registered: May 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
Understand. Prayers for that little guy! I know he’s a fighter...

Posts: 1223 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the update D. Prayer sent for him and all that love and care for him. Godspeed and good health little man!

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19186 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flying Sergeant
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent

Posts: 1673 | Location: Waukesha,WI | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
We will be keeping Titus in our prayers.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6403 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
It's Memorial Sloan Kettering. There's a Ronald MacDonald house nearby that might be useful in this situation if you need somewhere to stay. And to be blunt, no one is even trying to enforce the quarantine requirements.

quote:
Originally posted by Sigolicious:
Well, there is good news but not yet great news.

Titus currently has 2 neuroblastoma lesions. One on 6th right rib and another on his left femur. He was back in treatment with outpatient chemo in Apr-Jun. Mid July it was discovered that the lesions were getting larger by about 20% so a different course of chemo was undertaken. This protocol included 4 rounds of inpatient (5 days each) chemo followed by radiation therapy, immunotherapy and stem cell transplants.

The kicker is that they want him to go to either Seattle Children's or Sloan Kittery New York for the immunotherapy & stem cell transplants. Seattle is out of the question due to flying. They can drive to NY in about 8-9hrs, but NY has a stupid quarantine in place and that even includes my daughter and grandson who have both had negative covid tests. One of the other parents and their child from the same hospital in VA was turned around at the airport with an appointment to Sloan Kittery last month. So at this time she is trying to work a schedule with her mother-in-law in Rochester NY to do her 14 day quarantine there then down to NYC for the treatment.

As it stands the prognosis is "get to the next step & go from there".

Thank all for keeping Titus in your prayers.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
Titus will stay in my prayers til he is well. Thank you for the update.

Posts: 1955 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ftttu
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent.

Retired Texas Lawman, now active reserve

Posts: 1170 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 03, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
Prayers for him and your family,
Spunk

Posts: 2774 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
Too late smart
posted Hide Post
If you're entering NYS via car and on your way to Sloan Kettering, there is no reason to be concerned about the quarantine.

NRA Life Member
Member Isaac Walton League

I wouldn't let anyone do to me what I've done to myself

Posts: 1489 | Location: NoVa | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mark1Mod0Squid
Picture of Sigolicious
posted Hide Post
Been a while since I updated.

My grandson Titus, a little badass warrior, has beat cancer for the 2nd time!

Fuck you cancer, you can't have this one, he is too damned hard core for you!

always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Outstanding news!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16208 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the excellent report. Continued prayers for all!!!!

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!

Posts: 1365 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is awesome!

The "Boz"

Posts: 1531 | Location: Central Ohio, USA | Registered: May 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thats wonderful!!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6226 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Good news. and glad to hear it.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post