SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    My 2.5yr old grandson has Stage 4 Cancer Update 3-15-21 Pg18. Was cancer free for 6 months, Cancer has returned, Beat cancer a second time!
Page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 19
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My 2.5yr old grandson has Stage 4 Cancer Update 3-15-21 Pg18. Was cancer free for 6 months, Cancer has returned, Beat cancer a second time! Login/Join 
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Lots of super heroes in this story. Happy for Titus and the entire family.

Posts: 13255 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
That is some amazing news to start my day! I’m so happy everything is going so well.
God Bless!

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mark1Mod0Squid
Picture of Sigolicious
posted Hide Post
This has been a long road. Still more to go, but it is our road to walk and we are walking it. I appreciate all those who have made the choice to walk this road with us.

My Grandson and Daughter are and will forever be my inspiration to be a better me.

quote:
Titus update!

So we’ve been in the hospital for over a week now with the next step in treatment, stem cell transplant! Last Tuesday he had another semi-permanent IV placed, called a Hickman line and Wednesday he started some super high dose chemo for six days. He and I were both isolated for a few days so that was really hard but he was able to get out of the room this last weekend. Wednesday was the big day for the transplant and everything went perfectly well. He received his own stem cells that were harvested back in March. What this process does is the chemo wipes out his blood cell factories in his bone marrow and the stem cells are used to rescue his body and restore proper factories so his body won’t produce the neuroblastoma cells anymore.

Titus hasn’t eaten much since Monday so we opted to place an NG tube to help supplement his nutrition. Because of the chemo and the lack in nutrition, he’s been laying down and watching a lot of tv but he’s handling it better than I would. Hopefully, he’ll start feeling much better with the supplemental nutrition and we can start playing again!!

This will end up being the longest stay to date, with us projected to be here a month. God has already worked on our boy so hopefully, He works His miracles again and we can go home sooner than anticipated.

Posts: 2027 | Location: AZ | Registered: May 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
That picture breaks my heart. God bless you and his caregivers. Prayers coming your way for a full and quick recovery for Titus.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That picture just made my monitor screen go very foggy!! God bless that little boy....please!!

Posts: 6617 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
May God bless Titus for a speedy recovery. You young man are in our prayers.

Posts: 1955 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Where there's smoke,
there's fire!!
Picture of techguy
posted Hide Post
I prayed for you guys not thirty minutes ago when my wife was going to sleep for the night. You guys are always in my prayers.

Posts: 1773 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: February 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You don’t fix faith,
River. It fixes you.

Picture of Yanert98
posted Hide Post
Prayers for your family.

----------------------------------
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism.." - Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2673 | Location: Migrating with the Seasons | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sjames
posted Hide Post
I can't imagine what that little guy has gone through. I hope and pray that, a year from now, your family will be able to look back on this hard journey and feel great hope at how far you've come.

I'm praying for that little guy tonight.

Posts: 2505 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: August 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent.

Silent

Posts: 1026 | Registered: February 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Would you like
a sandwich?
Picture of Dreamerx4
posted Hide Post
Out of curiosity, Where is the treatment taking place, UVA? I may have missed.

I live in Berryville, about an hour from DC, close to Winchester. We have extra rooms if it would help for visiting, etc. you are welcome as is your family if we can help.

Praying for your family.

Doug

Posts: 1044 | Location: Virginia | Registered: October 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mark1Mod0Squid
Picture of Sigolicious
posted Hide Post
Thank you all for your kind words and keeping Titus and our family in your prayers. This is a battle where all the support is cumulative and there is no such contribution that is to little or to great.

techguy, you and your family are always in my prayers and on my mind regularly. It's a struggle, but we walk the road together.

quote:
Originally posted by techguy:
I prayed for you guys not thirty minutes ago when my wife was going to sleep for the night. You guys are always in my prayers.

Dreamerx4, the treatment is being done at Children's Hospital of the Kings Daughters. https://www.chkd.org/
They have an excellent cancer program and the staff is awesome. There is a chance that when it comes time for radiation therapy they me go to Johns Hopkins in Baltimore. If that is the case we are lucky to have family close in both Bethesda MD. and Walkersville MD., otherwise if there is a need we will keep your offer on the plate. Your gesture of inviting us to home and family is restorative to my heart. Thank you.

quote:
Originally posted by Dreamerx4:
Out of curiosity, Where is the treatment taking place, UVA? I may have missed.

I live in Berryville, about an hour from DC, close to Winchester. We have extra rooms if it would help for visiting, etc. you are welcome as is your family if we can help.

Praying for your family.

Doug

Posts: 2027 | Location: AZ | Registered: May 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
I can hardly look at that picture, I can't even imagine what it must be like for your family. God bless you all!
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

I asked myself if I was crazy, and we all said no.

Posts: 1683 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mark1Mod0Squid
Picture of Sigolicious
posted Hide Post
Our little superhero busted out of the hospital yesterday and got to spend time at the beach today and is watching the fireworks celebrating the birth of the greatest nation the world has ever known!

Chemo #6 and first stem cell therapy are in the books!

From my daughter.......

quote:
❣️Titus Update❣️
After 22 days in the hospital, we were able to break Titus out yesterday!! We spent the day on the beach today and of course, fireworks tonight!

אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
A great July 4th!

The little dude rocks!

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30663 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
So happy to see him out enjoying the 4th! You all will be in our prayers as usual.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
There are a lot of prayers going upstairs, and I think the big man is hearing them, the little hero has some Angels pulling for him, God Bless him and your family,
My Prayers
Spunk

Posts: 2774 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save today, so you can
buy tomorrow
posted Hide Post
Its really great he get to spend 4th of July outside. I’m sure he enjoyed it. Praying for his fast recovery. Happy 4th to all of you.

Posts: 1885 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Go Titus! Great news on getting out of the hospital and enjoying the 4th at the beach.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23246 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
So very glad he got outside to enjoy a day at the beach. Happy 4th, little one.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5319 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post