SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What was your first firearm?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What was your first firearm? Login/Join 
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
Remington 1100 in high school from Dad for my 17th birthday. First handgun that I purchased myself was a Hi Standard Double 9 .22lr at a flea market when I was 19 yo...and I still have it 35+ years later!

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mutiny
posted Hide Post
H&R 20 gauge single shot.

Posts: 479 | Location: Out West | Registered: January 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
Back in H.S. in the mid 60's we had a rifle range in the basement ( just outside Chicago) and I was a member of the rifle club. The school had single shot target rifles or you could bring your rifle to club on Fridays. If a semi auto you had to load one round at a time.
My parents bought me a Remington Nylon 66 for Christmas to take to school. I still have that rifle.
Before that I had bb guns and a Sheridan 5mm Silver Streak pellet rifle (still have that also).

Posts: 4625 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
ruger p89DC. I bought it for $260 when I was 18. had never even held a real handgun before that. came home and looked up every youtube video on guns, the P89DC, and all the info I could.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Italian or maybe Spanish made side by side at J.C. Penny in 12 gauge. Cost around $36.00 I think I was 12. I had to take it to a gunsmith for a little work before I could use it.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10909 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
H&R Topper 20 gauge single shot shotgun. My dad gave it to me in either 78 or 79. I gave it to my son 3 years ago.

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
Early 3rd gen Smith 5906, with a squared trigger guard and a fixed non-Novak rear sight.

Posts: 5585 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kuisis
posted Hide Post
Mine was a Winchester 37 in .410. Still have it. My first rifle was Winchester 61, I still have it as well. First Sig is a P226 I bought last year.

Posts: 1129 | Location: Washington PA | Registered: November 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cursed be he who moves my bones!
Picture of showpro
posted Hide Post
M1 Carbine.

I think it was made by Plainfield. Like any I've sold, wish I still had it. Big Grin

Posts: 8394 | Location: Western Washington State | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dcowboyscr
posted Hide Post
First pistol was a use Glock 22. First SIG was a P229 40/357 barrels.

"Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can't Lose."

Posts: 3093 | Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, USA | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Mossberg Model 142, given to me at age 5 by my great uncle Thomas Langan. I still have it 53 years later.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31436 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
A Stevens Buckhorn 66 .22 rifle that was my grandfathers. He gave it to me when I was a freshman in high school. I still have it.

Posts: 26902 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bolt action 20 ga. shotgun, "Revelation" brand (Western Auto) with a 2 shot box magazine. Adjustable choke, shot 3" magnums rather well.

Posts: 3594 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Mossberg "Palomino" .22 Carbine - tube-fed, lever action rifle. The unique feature is that it shoots short, long, and long-rifle cartridges. My brother and I got it circa 1974/75 from a guy at our church for probably $25. Still have it...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
Walther PPK that belonged to my grandfather.

Posts: 6350 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The first firearm I received was a TT-33 chambered for 7.62 x 25mm from my paternal grandparents.

The first pistol I bought was a Colt King Cobra with a 4inch barrel brand new.

It was a toss up because later in the week I saw a Colt Python with a 2.5 inch in nickel (I believe) on consignment or clearance at Gaylans in Columbus, OH for $389.00

At the time I liked the 4inch barrel better. I thought heck I will get one later. Nope. Blew that one.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Domari Nolo
Picture of Chris17404
posted Hide Post
Remington 870 Police Magnum. Blued with beautiful walnut furniture.

Posts: 2336 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SATA .25? Or a 1911? Or a PPK?

I'm pretty sure it was the SATA. Memories are fuzzy.

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
First one I bought second hand was a Ruger P series (don't remember which one). Got rid of it a while ago.

First one I bought that I knew what I was buying was a P220. Sill have it, thought don't shoot it much.

Posts: 760 | Location: Athol, ID | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PorterN:
ruger p89DC. I bought it for $260 when I was 18. had never even held a real handgun before that. came home and looked up every youtube video on guns, the P89DC, and all the info I could.

P89 was my second. I wish I still had it. Selling that one is a solid entry on the List of Stupid Things I've Done.

God bless America.

Posts: 13494 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post