SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What was your first firearm?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What was your first firearm? Login/Join 
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
My first was a Smith And Wesson 469. I bought it about 30 years ago and still have it.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2553 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
First one I bought was a stainless mini-14. Bought it new in 97 for 425. Still have it.

Posts: 7389 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
First firearm was a USGI M1 carbine. First pistol was either an IZH-35m or a Colt Python.

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
First gun I got was a daisy lever action 1890 style bb gun(Christmas) meh too weak fps.

First gunpowder propelled bullet gun was Remington Nylon 66 (Christmas) 1968/1969 - loved it - semi auto - still have it.

First I bought 1976 - S&W Model 17 22 revolver - Love at first sight - Beautiful gun to me. Still have it.

Posts: 464 | Location: NC | Registered: March 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Peanut15
posted Hide Post
It was a S&W model 13 purchased at Judge's gun shop. Traded it a few years later at same shop for a S&W model 586. I still have the 586 some 30 years later.

Posts: 57 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: October 27, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
1st was a police trade-in Beretta 96, followed shortly thereafter by a CPO P226 in 9mm.

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
Stevens single shot 20ga
First pistol, Llama 1911 9mm.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6931 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
First handgun was a Smith and Wesson 39-2 in 9mmm.

Posts: 12577 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
First one as a gift was a Stevens favorite .22 single shot when I was about 12. First one I bought was a S&W mod 36 3" when I was 23. Still have both.

Posts: 4682 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
Marlin 39 M. Wish I still had it.

Posts: 12167 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My first was a Winchester model 190 22 Semi Auto Rifle. Could have purchased a Nylon 66 for the same price way back then but thought "plastic" stocks meant it was a cheap rifle built to maximize profits. In comparison the Winchester had a real wood stock so I thought it was the better value. If I only knew then what I know now.

However my particular 190 wasn't the Jam-o-matic some report and the accuracy out to 50 yards was good enough to hit tin cans with. Had a lot of fun with it over the years but to be honest I probably haven't shot it for at least 15 years or a bit more.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5621 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Of my own? Beretta 92

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29607 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
JC Higgins 22Lr. Model 33

Gift from my father around 1959

Still have it.

Was made by Hi Standard.

Posts: 921 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
First: Ruger LC9
Second: S&W M&P 9
Third: Mossberg 500
Fourth: Palmetto State Armory PSA-15 (it's an AR)
Fifth: Remington 700 in .223

It's all a blur after that..

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1523 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
My very first gun of my own was my Ruger Old Model Single Six Convertible, purchased used at a small NJ gun store in 1973. Still have it. Still occasionally shoot it. Just yesterday put new, custom-made grip panels on it Smile

The very first firearm I ever shot was a Winchester model 80-22 Short that my family inherited from my Great Aunt on my mother's side. She received it as a birthday gift as a young woman. It's now in my possession. Unfortunately, it was not properly cared for before it passed to me and will now need the services of an accomplished firearms restorer Frown

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beretta 92FS, purchased new right before the 1994 AWB. Came with two 15-round mags, I purchased two more factory 15-round mags for $25 each, IIRC. After the AWB went into effect those same mags were going for $50+ each. It's had over 4500 rounds through it, everything from premium JHP to cheap, commercially-reloaded FMJ, and has never malfunctioned.

It's currently serving HD duty, loaded with 147gr HST.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 1286 | Registered: February 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
HiPoint C9 9mm Big Grin

Posts: 5070 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
First: Daisy BB gun;
Second: Winchester Model 37A single shot 20 gauge; and
Third: Sears Ted Williams semi-auto rifle in 22LR.

Needless to say, I don't have them anymore except for the Daisy which does not work but I have for nostalgia.

Posts: 12435 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
First handgun: Colt 9mm Commander.
First Rifle: Nylon 66.
And I am jealous of those of you still have their 66s.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fvyellowbird
posted Hide Post
Back in the late 70s I had an old single shot bolt action .22 rifle. Somewhere I lost it along the way. My next 'first' gun was a Sig 226 that I bought used at the Nations Gun Show in VA. Joined here about the same time. Still have and still love this place!

Hell, is other people! J-P S

Posts: 1140 | Location: St Simons Island, Georgia USA! | Registered: October 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post