SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What did you want to be, and wish you were?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you want to be, and wish you were? Login/Join 
Picture of LimaCharlie
posted Hide Post
As a child, we lived near the Unser family in New Mexico. Al was racing and Bobby was still a teenager. I wanted to be a race car driver.

I graduated high school at seventeen. My logical choices were work and go to night classes at the local junior college or join the military. Student loans did not seem like a great idea to me.

I joined the Navy and went to electronics school. After twelve years in the Navy, I was a Chief Petty Officer up for E-8 on instructor duty at Coronado, spending time on San Clemente Island. I had an AS Degree and was a junior at San Diego State.

My ex-wife and I blamed all of our problems on me being in the Navy and being gone. I got out of the Navy, went to work for a government agency, and was home every night. My ex-wife and I found out we just didn't like each other. The only reason we had stayed together was I was gone most of the time. We got divorced.

I spent ten years in the Army National Guard and retired as a Warrant Officer. I finished my BS degree and worked as an engineer, senior engineer, supervisor, and staff engineer for a corporation. They offered a severance package and early retirement during a merger which I accepted.

I worked for another corporation as a manager of credit & collections and a 24/7 customer call center. They offered a severance package during a reorganization which I accepted.

I got my real estate license and sold real estate during the boom years. I retired again. I got bored and sold luxury cars for a couple of years and retired. I was offered a consulting job with a government agency which lasted five years and I retired again. I have retired six times.

U.S. Army, Retired

Posts: 3725 | Location: Northwest Oregon | Registered: June 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
A hermit, living up in the back woods of N. Idaho

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25642 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post