New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cologne Login/Join 
easy money
posted
Hello!

Seeking input on the subject of cologne for men. I know I like Stetson, Prada Black, and Ralph Lauren extreme red. I’d like to explore other scents to keep a fresh and varying scent for myself and my girlfriend.

What do you recommend?

Thank you!

Jim

That which doesn't kill you only makes you stronger

Posts: 576 | Location: United States | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
My favorite for me is Joop! Homme. For my wife Aqua Di Gio (NOT Aqua Di Gioia).

Posts: 45373 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
I’ve been using this for years...a nice manly smell. It’s smell is a blend of nutmeg, anise, green mandarin leaf, tobacco, leather, and sandalwood.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 17231 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim1970:
...my girlfriend.

What do you recommend?
Redacted to the pertinent parts.

Go with the GF to the store and let her pick one or two. You need to go with her to “model” scents (supposedly helps) but more importantly so you don’t end up with something that gives you a headache or triggers allergies.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23246 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nowadays my cologne consists of right guard

Back in the day I always wore Polo, Polo Safari (which I stole from my friend) and Pierre Cardin. I think the first cologne I ever wore was stetson

My favorite was Paul Sebastian.
My father wore it also.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
Brian Fantana: No, she gets a special cologne. It’s called Sex Panther by Odeon. It’s illegal in nine countries. Yep, it’s made with bits of real panther, so you know it’s good.
Ron Burgundy: It’s quite pungent.
Brian Fantana: Oh yeah.
Ron Burgundy: It’s a formidable scent. It stings the nostrils. In a good way.
Brian Fantana: Yep.
Ron Burgundy: Brian, I’m gonna be honest with you, that smells like pure gasoline.
Brian Fantana: They’ve done studies, you know. 60% of the time, it works every time.
Ron Burgundy: That doesn’t make sense.
Brian Fantana: Well, let’s go see if we can make this little kitty purr.

--Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig Sauer Kraut
posted Hide Post
I’m partial to Mont Blanc Legend.

Posts: 691 | Registered: January 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Almost as Fast as a Speeding Bullet
Picture of Otto Pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
quote:
Originally posted by Jim1970:
...my girlfriend.

What do you recommend?
Redacted to the pertinent parts.

Go with the GF to the store and let her pick one or two. You need to go with her to “model” scents (supposedly helps) but more importantly so you don’t end up with something that gives you a headache or triggers allergies.
Adding on to this. Put it on. Walk around with it for a while. THEN let her smell and pick a winner. Scents will change a bit with body chemistry and heat. It won't change dramatically, but it can change "WOW!" to "It's OK" and vice-versa.

Aeronautics confers beauty and grandeur, combining art and science for those who devote themselves to it. . . . The aeronaut, free in space, sailing in the infinite, loses himself in the immense undulations of nature. He climbs, he rises, he soars, he reigns, he hurtles the proud vault of the azure sky. — Georges Besançon

Posts: 11502 | Location: Denver and/or The World | Registered: August 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Speedbird
posted Hide Post
Keep it simple... How's that saying go? "If your grandfather hadn't worn it, you'd never have been born"

Posts: 503 | Location: Fort Couch (VA) | Registered: December 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
Hoppes #9.

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
I like Penhaligons
Blenheim Bouquet and Opus 1870.

My wife wears Juniper Sling.

Penhaligons has been around since 1870.

https://www.penhaligons.com/us...uet-eau-de-toilette/

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
Eternity works well for me of late-

But my favorite scent-

In the Police Academy movie series where Tackleberry is going on a date with a gun-gal.

He asks her- "What is that captivating scent you're wearing"?

"Gun oil."

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Royall Lyme Bermuda.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
damn, doesn't this remind me of all the crap I wore in JH/HS. Polo, British Sterling, Stetson, English Leather etc. trying to smell good if not look good.

I now spritz or splash with some 4711 or some John Varatos for a little extra.

Posts: 3516 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
English Leather makes 'em crazy!

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:
My favorite for me is Joop! Homme. For my wife Aqua Di Gio (NOT Aqua Di Gioia).

I like Acqua Di Gio very much (pour homme)

Posts: 3516 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pursuing the wicked
Picture of rangemaster
posted Hide Post
Tuscany

Curve

Live Your Live (from American Eagle)

Posts: 1621 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: December 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
I am a cologne junky and enthusiast. My favorite are in this order. 1) ysl l’homme(women love it), 2) aqua di gio Profumo (original formula is best selling cologne and this is better), Savauge is a new one but a beast...Probably best all around, 4) blue de Chanel what a great scent. Very fresh, but pricey. Any of the above are a can’t miss.

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Old Spice. Don't usually wear any.

Gibbs in NCIS says "sawdust".

flahguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post