SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Need an new EDC bag or some call it 'man purse'....
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need an new EDC bag or some call it 'man purse'.... Login/Join 
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted
I hate carrying stuff on me.
Wallet, cell phone, etc...

I'll carry a small wallet or money clip and iPhone on me at times, but as far as in and out of work and running errands I need a bag for all my shit.

I carry a small flashlight and a Leatherman Wave on my belt at work, but that's it.
Everything else stays in my bag.
Some guys carry backpacks in and out of work, but I've got a big 511 RUSH DELIVERY LIMA bag with all my work stuff that stays in my locker at night.

I have a small bag now;
Maxpedition Monkey Combat Admin Pouch
But it has lost it's Velcro and is now too small.
In addition to a wallet and iPhone I keep in that bag,
I carry sunglasses, car keys, nail clippers, company ID, spare 123 batteries for the flashlight, pens, Carmex, 3X5 cards, DOT physical card, etc.
But now that I'm wearing hearing aids, I need something a tad bigger for a case for them.

So I'd like suggestions for a decent sized EDC bag to carry all my stuff around.
Nothing too big, nothing too small.
Just big enough to carry said items

Thank you....1LL

Posts: 4354 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Have one of these and really like it. 511 Rush MOAB 10 Big enough to even handle my 14" Lenovo laptop as needed. Small enough to throw under a desk or even in a file cabinet. Of course if that's too big, you could always go with a Maxpedition Versipack.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
I picked one of these up off Amazon last month. Not too small, not too big.

Just large enough for an iPad. Inside dividers, pockets etc. Can be slung over shoulder or carried by handle.

Good quality for the price.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod...ailpage?ie=UTF8&th=1

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10917 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
If it were me, my goal would be to downsize not upsize so I'd:
  • ditch the nail clippers as they're a once a week item
  • ditch the 3x5 cards. Write it in your phone.
  • ditch the multiple pens. Carry 1 and keep your spares somewhere else (vehicle, the bigger backpack in your locker, etc).

If you downsize, you should be able to get it in a Maxpedition PUP utility pouch or AUP Accordian Utility Pouch

I know you hate carrying stuff on you, but my Duluth Trading Fire Hose DuluthFlex cargo pants and shorts carry everything without the risk of misplacing a bag somewhere and are much more discreet.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
  •  
    Posts: 23098 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    eh-TEE-oh-clez
    Picture of Aeteocles
    posted Hide Post
    Timbuk2 classic messenger. Small or medium, depending on your needs. I like to keep things simple, and the bag is pretty well thought out for what it is.

It's waterproof (uses a non permeable plastic material inside behind the cordura, instead of just a water repellant finish). Has a key leash, and a napolean pocket so you don't have to open the flap to get to frequently accessed items. The big flap is gusseted to keep things from falling out of the corners, and the buckle straps are extendable so you can overstuff the bag, or lash things down underneath.

The strap length is quickly adustable. Lengthen to put it on overhead and crossbody, cinch in down to bring the weight up into the small of your back so it's not bouncing off your hip as you walk.

I use a large one as my EDC bag with a 15" laptop, but also take it with me when I travel as an urban day bag. The black one is plenty discrete and doesn't shout tactical.

If you need additional organization, find an appropriately sized Grid-it panel to place inside.

Posts: 13046 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of Prefontaine
    posted Hide Post
    Fatboy. I use one for concealed carry at the gym. From reading what you need, this should fit your daily carry items.

https://www.maxpedition.com/co...?variant=27895624529

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12568 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Lost
    Picture of kkina
    posted Hide Post
    I use a Maxpedition H1 Waistpack, and loving it. This one has a few mods, but even the basic unit is "just right". Not too big, not too small. The mag pouch is perfect for glasses. Not expensive as well.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
    "First, Eyes."

Posts: 16266 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    I made it so far,
    now I'll go for more
    Picture of rbert0005
    posted Hide Post
    I use a bag I got from Coach. (sales help a lot.)

I drive for a car dealership PT and carry gps, glasses, drivers and bits, shove my wallet and keys in there, and whatever I may need.
    Plenty of pockets that zip.

Curious, I also wear hearing aids and am wondering why you need to carry the case for them?

Bob

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 4578 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of mark60
    posted Hide Post
    I've got a Nutsac

If I'm wearing a coat my pockets are usually loaded down but when the coat gets put away I hate loading my pants pockets, especially on the bike. It's a smart looking bag and very well made.

Posts: 3437 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Comic Relief
    Picture of Eponym
    posted Hide Post
    I use and suggest the Wenger SwissGear Vertical Travel Bag.

It has lots of space, with external and internal zippered pockets and sleeves.

I typically carry my cell phone, wallet, keys, flashlight, pocket knife, USB battery, ear buds, cords/cables, small first aid pouch, 6' measuring tape, and sometimes my Kindle and a small Bluetooth speaker.

Here is a review:

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g27BCXk71Mw

Posts: 4816 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Peripheral Visionary
    Picture of tigereye313
    posted Hide Post
    I bought a Camelbak Mule. It may be a little larger than what you're after, but it's small for a backpack, quite versatile, has compression straps built in for the main compartment, and the front organizer pocket should handle all your edc items. I like the venting on the back pad as it really does help keep you from sweating while usi g it outdoors. Bonus as it's a Camelbak it will obviously carry a hydration bladder when you need it.

Posts: 11352 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Help! Help!
    I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
    posted Hide Post
    Condor Sector Sling Bag

https://www.condoroutdoor.com/Condor-111100.aspx

Doesn't scream Tacticool.

Posts: 11151 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    I use the Maxpedition Jumbo Versipack, and have also the same thing made by UTG. I use it to carry similar items and my lunch. I like the bottle carrier on the side. I have been switching off between the two bags for about eight years, they both are wearing at about the same rate. I have had to sew the front pouch back on both bags as it gets used a lot, I keep my phone, work keys and often used small papers in there. If I purchase another, I will go with the UTG one for around thirty bucks instead of a hundred...

Posts: 1913 | Location: U.P. of michigan | Registered: March 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Paddle your
    own canoe
    Picture of BigWhup
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by mark60:
    I've got a Nutsac

If I'm wearing a coat my pockets are usually loaded down but when the coat gets put away I hate loading my pants pockets, especially on the bike. It's a smart looking bag and very well made.

Mark,
    What type (size) of pistol will ride in that ManBag?

Posts: 1552 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of kent j
    posted Hide Post
    Plus 1 on the Wenger Boarding Bag. I don't carry it everyday but anytime I might have some downtime while I'm out it goes with me. Holds a tablet, magazines, phone and much more. Bought 2 at Target when I would still shop there. 25 bucks apiece. Has held up for at least 10 years.

Regards, Kent j

You can learn something from everyone you meet, If nothing else you can learn you don't want to be like them
    It's only racist to those who want it to be.
    It's a magazine, clips are for potato chips and hair

Posts: 294 | Location: Southern Indiana | Registered: December 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Honky Lips
    Picture of FenderBender
    posted Hide Post

Posts: 8144 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of lkdr1989
    posted Hide Post
    What...no mention of a fanny pack Big Grin

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4330 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by Aeteocles:
    Timbuk2 classic messenger. Small or medium, depending on your needs. I like to keep things simple, and the bag is pretty well thought out for what it is.

It's waterproof (uses a non permeable plastic material inside behind the cordura, instead of just a water repellant finish). Has a key leash, and a napolean pocket so you don't have to open the flap to get to frequently accessed items. The big flap is gusseted to keep things from falling out of the corners, and the buckle straps are extendable so you can overstuff the bag, or lash things down underneath.

The strap length is quickly adustable. Lengthen to put it on overhead and crossbody, cinch in down to bring the weight up into the small of your back so it's not bouncing off your hip as you walk.

I use a large one as my EDC bag with a 15" laptop, but also take it with me when I travel as an urban day bag. The black one is plenty discrete and doesn't shout tactical.

If you need additional organization, find an appropriately sized Grid-it panel to place inside.

Second in this. It’s my daily commute and travel bag, and great for that purpose. Holds laptop, various adapters, power supply, useful office bits, spare mags on occasion. It’s a bit much for what your demands are, but it’s a reference recommendation for the next person who finds this thread.

--
    I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
    https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2362 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of mark60
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by BigWhup:
    quote:
    Originally posted by mark60:
    I've got a Nutsac

Mark,
    What type (size) of pistol will ride in that ManBag?

I've got the Satchel Pro and it will comfortably carry a holstered full size 1911.
    I've tried a few bags over the years and most were more tacticool than I'd like. I hated cramming wallet, phone, keys, etc in my pockets on the scooter and tried a couple different sling packs but didn't like riding with them on. I picked up saddlebags for the bike and came across a youtube video on the nutsac that had me laughing from start to finish at the guy in the video but the bag looked pretty nice. Christmas came around while I was deciding if I was going to buy it and my son wound up buying one for me.

Posts: 3437 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Armed and Gregarious
    Picture of DMF
    posted Hide Post
    https://www.lapolicegear.com/l...g-messenger-bag.html

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post