SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Vintage Tudor submariner Original Prices?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vintage Tudor submariner Original Prices? Login/Join 
posted
Ever get a "itch" and cant find an answer? Anyone have an accurate idea of what Tudor Subs sold for in the late 70's early 80's?

Just wondered?

Posts: 2044 | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
Can’t answer your question but this site is a good source.

https://www.rolexforums.com/index.php

RF for Rolex and Tudor is equivalent to this forum for SIGs but they have more rules and are much more cordial with each other. No politics either.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My Time is Yours
Picture of davetruong
posted Hide Post
depending on condition, completeness and specific model you are itching for. Start at reference: 7928

God, Family, Country.

Posts: 6009 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: October 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Since you asked about original prices, not present day, I bought a stainless/gold (14k) datejust in 1980 and I recall list was $2100 or so.
I don't know the difference between price of the models.
Shortly after they changed the datejust to 18K in the bracelet/trim parts and went up a few hundred dollars.

Posts: 9495 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rocket72
posted Hide Post
If my memory serves me right, the Navy Exchange catalogue had them for about $900-$1,100 circa 1987. I remember it in that range for some reason. I have a 79090 that I wear everyday.

Posts: 1537 | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought a new Rolex Submariner, no date, at an authorized Rolex dealer in San Antonio for $236 and some change in 1971 if that helps?

Jim

Posts: 1349 | Location: Southern Black Hills | Registered: September 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post
I bought my Submariner Date 16800 in 1982 for $1175 OTD.

Posts: 2831 | Registered: May 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I'd rather buy a used Rolex at these prices. Or a NEW Tudor Black Bay.

The old Tudor has an ETA movement and the new Black Bay has a MUCH better in house movement.

https://www.crownandcaliber.co...odel_name:Submariner

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34107 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post