SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What's the Top of the Line Broadcast Spreader
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's the Top of the Line Broadcast Spreader Login/Join 
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ubelongoutside:
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:
Real deal, top of the line, number one broadcast push spreader The Andersons 2000SR. It's what I use. The secret is in the helical cone. I have no idea about spreading soybean seed though.

https://www.lawnandpestcontrol...nless-steel-spreader

Wow, I had no idea. I was thinking $200 would be top of the line maybe I was thinking more middle of the line Big Grin
Wait until I show you my $8k+ spreader Big Grin

Posts: 45373 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ugly Bag of
Mostly Water
Picture of ridgerat
posted Hide Post
>> Wow, I had no idea. I was thinking $200 would be top of the line maybe I was thinking more middle of the line Big Grin <<

Plus tax, license and destination charges. And you have to assemble it.

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member, Gun Owners of America & Member, Arizona Citizens Defense League

Posts: 2839 | Location: Marana, AZ | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I went with this one. I seem to recall paying $399 with free shipping. Works very well but it is pretty heavy. Lifting it to pour leftover product back in the bag is challenging. It also has a flat bottom with three holes for the product to flow through. There is always a small amount of product left in the hopper due to the flat bottom design.

The other model I was considering was the Spyker.

https://www.lawnandpestcontrol...q=lesco&_ss=e&_v=1.0

https://www.spyker.com/product...-broadcast-spreader/

There is a tank sprayer that is designed to drop into the Lesco, probably fits others as well.
https://gregsonclark.com/collections/spreader-mate

Like guns, Love Sigs

Posts: 1211 | Location: Battle Born | Registered: December 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
My lawn & garden supply place always has one of the Lesco spreaders sitting out. I asked my guy there about it, one time. He told me that, for my use (residential, 20-25k sqft), it wouldn't do any better a job than the Scott's spreader I had.

I'm not fond of my Scott's spreader, but, other than the feed occasionally sticking open--requiring "snapping" the handle closed, it seems to work well enough.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lt CHEG
posted Hide Post
My biggest gripe on the cheap spreaders is the lack of pneumatic tires. They always seem to get to a point somewhere on the lawn where they don’t want to turn the spinning mechanism. I think I could justify $200-$300 for something with pneumatic tires.

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

Posts: 5576 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: February 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
The local equipment rental place rents a tow behind broadcast spreader for 20 bucks a day.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4128 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lt CHEG:
My biggest gripe on the cheap spreaders is the lack of pneumatic tires. They always seem to get to a point somewhere on the lawn where they don’t want to turn the spinning mechanism. I think I could justify $200-$300 for something with pneumatic tires.

This was my biggest feature "need" as well.

Posts: 1514 | Location: Ypsilanti, MI | Registered: August 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post