SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Heading to Seattle. Qs
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Heading to Seattle. Qs Login/Join 
Troll
posted Hide Post
Maybe someone can recommend a good seafood restaurant, if so, get some Ling Cod.

I've eaten just about every fish known to man - and it's the best.

Posts: 261 | Registered: May 02, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If its a nice day the ferry over and back to Bainbridge gives you some great views of the sound and the city.

Someone mentioned the underground tour. Typical tour jokes, but it has some good history of the city and is interesting

Posts: 166 | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Most of the tweaker move like this, lol.

Seattle WA and surrounding...

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
I feel a little guilty posting in this thread because I've become so negative regarding Seattle. We used to visit 2-3 times a year but if I never go again it won't bother me one bit. It's become rather third worldly in my opinion.

After saying that, I would definitely see the Museum of Flight. That's good for a number of hours by itself. That and the market is worth seeing as well. If you go there, do it in the afternoon and eat dinner at one of the restaurants nearby. Some great selections in a short walk away.
The ferry suggestion is a good one. Take the Bainbridge ferry. The space needle is being remodeled and should be avoided. That was true 3 weeks ago when were there last. The idea of seeing a Mariner game is a good one as well. I've been to a number of baseball stadiums around the country and I think Safeco Field is at the top of the list for great venues. No such thing as a bad seat and the food selection is awesome, if not cheap. Regarding knives, I think you would be okay with any 3" folder as has already been said.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
Hey Dallas, what days are you here? I have not been to the Boeing museum since a year ago and would be glad to drive us down there for a visit.

Posts: 3248 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gasche
posted Hide Post
Walk on the Ferry to Bremerton and walk over to tour the USS Turner Joy.

Posts: 748 | Location: Western Washington AC | Registered: August 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gasche:
Walk on the Ferry to Bremerton and walk over to tour the USS Turner Joy.

This is a good idea as well. The Navy ship yards are interesting to see.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TXJIM:
Museum of Flight
Take a ferry ride round trip across Puget Sound to Widby or Bainbridge
Mariners Baseball
Pike Place Market
El Goucho for lobster mashed potatoes and a steak

Pack a jacket for all activities.

Can't get to whidbey from seattle but Bremerton has a couple of things already mentioned. The area off the ferry on Bainbridge is nice, becoming a tourist walking destination, but your a tourist you'll fit right in.

When are you coming this way?

Posts: 6354 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Another vote for Museum of Flight.

Another caution for the street/gutter/overpass creatures.

Pike Place Market is one of the big toiurtist things, I am not a fan for the same reason I don’t go the mall... hordes of people wandering aimlessly 4-6 abreast without concern for others trying to get past.

Columbia Tower smokes any view you would get from the Space Needle (which is closed anyway).

Seattle Aquarium on the waterfront

Zoo is decent, but I havent been in years.

Burien, SeaTac, White Center, Tukwila, Skyway are places best avoided - especially after dark, (White Center/Skyway 24/7)

Pioneer Square can be a very fun, exciting, and dangerous place...if you go, best to be out of the area by midnight

Don’t jaywalk downtown - Really, SPD takes that shit more serious then shooting up in the McDonalds Play Place...

Oh, and eat a bag of Dick’s Wink

Untitled by Wayne Wilson, on Flickr

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 911Boss,

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10918 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
Another vote for Museum of Flight.

Another caution for the street/gutter/overpass creatures.

Pike Place Market is one of the big toiurtist things, I am not a fan for the same reason I don’t go the mall... hordes of people wandering aimlessly 4-6 abreast without concern for others trying to get past.

Columbia Tower smokes any view you would get from the Space Needle (which is closed anyway).

Seattle Aquarium on the waterfront

Zoo is decent, but I havent been in years.

Burien, SeaTac, White Center, Tukwila, Skyway are places best avoided - especially after dark, (White Center/Skyway 24/7)

Pioneer Square can be a very fun, exciting, and dangerous place...if you go, best to be out of the area by midnight

Don’t jaywalk downtown - Really, SPD takes that shit more serious then shooting up in the McDonalds Play Place...

Oh, and eat a bag of Dick’s Wink

werd

Posts: 6354 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
I see that someone mentioned the Seattle Aquarium.

If you do that and want good seafood The Crab Pot restaurant is a short walk away. It's a little touristy but very good seafood and is casual. Ivar's is also close by for another seafood restaurant.

Jim

Picture of Suppressed
posted Hide Post
This place has a good breakfast: http://toulousepetit.com/

Posts: 3229 | Location: MD | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post