SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    More North Korea Executions?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

More North Korea Executions? Login/Join 
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
BBMW, but why rock the boat? Lil Kim is doing an excellent job taking out North Korean officers. Why risk a shooting war when they are doing just fine killing themselves? The CIA would probably just fuck things up even more over there. I say leave em the hell alone.

I can understand the desire of some to "DO SOMETHING!" BUT.... The older I get the less I care about what happens in other countries (Like N. Korea).
It's NOT our problem. The North Koreans have to solve a North Korean problem.

Like Para says above,
quote:
his own preservation is paramount, and despite all the ridiculous posturing, I think this guy knows that if he started a shooting war, it would be the end of him. In other words, he's not going to do jack shit but keep starving and killing his own people.

We have to stop trying to intervene around the globe for "humanitarian" reasons.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24073 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
That was actually a good point. If a shooting war started most of his officer core would be dead in weeks, and none to enemy fire.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37950 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Sadly, that didn't have the effect on Stalin that one might've hoped for.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
There is a world elsewhere
Picture of Echtermetzger
posted Hide Post
at some point, I am betting he starts sticking them into the rockets they are testing and launching them into the Sea of Japan.

Or start strapping them to the launch pad and doing a North Korean Barbecue

A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed.

Posts: 6685 | Location: The hard land of the Winter | Registered: April 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
The barbecues a better idea. Strapping mofos to Rockets might mess up the aerodynamics subsequently ruining the test.

We had a guy in our shop class intentionally mess up the fins on his rocket. That thing flew into the school and hit the library. That was one of my most memorable moments from middle school.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21100 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
I'm beginning to think that Un isn't stable.

Posts: 6386 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wishfull thinker:
That's like saying you're beginning to think Barney the Dinosaur is purple.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107507 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
That's like saying you're beginning to think Barney the Dinosaur is purple.

C'mon everybody knows Barney is purple. I still want wait a bit on dinosaur though. Cool

Posts: 6386 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really haven't been too concerned about what happens in N. Korea.
Until Captain Chubby moves in next door to me I imagine it will stay that way.

Posts: 162 | Registered: April 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
C'mon everybody knows Barney is purple.
And everyone knows that the leader of NK is a loon.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107507 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I heard the psychopath union kicked him out for being too extreme

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37950 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How can this Nut still be Alive? Speaks volumes about North Korea...

Posts: 468 | Registered: July 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
Are there words in the Korean language for Operation Valkyrie? Somebody needs to do one.

Closest Korean word, more phonetic really?
Balkili.

Now that alone says it all ...

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
Keep in mind that the population has been conditioned for generations. The Kim family is as holy as it gets. When Kim Jong Il was born his official biography states "he was born on Korea’s most sacred mountain, Mt. Baekdu. At the moment of his birth, a new star formed and illuminated the sky -- the seasons suddenly changed from winter to spring and a double rainbow appeared"

The North Koreans believe their nation is the most important the world and the world celebrates their leaders birthday. No criticism is allowed and anything good is due to him.

The generals hold a lot of power but cannot compete with the personality cult that's been created. Yes they could use a Kim as a puppet but won't have support if they dispose him. The last thing the South Koreans want is a power struggle where someone starts a war.

http://www.thecitizen.in/index...OldNewsPage/?Id=5195

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by golfrjd1:
How can this Nut still be Alive? Speaks volumes about North Korea...

I listened to a podcast where they discussed the book "Nothing to Envy: Ordinary Lives in North Korea" by Barbara Demick.

It will give you some insight as to the North Korean mentality. Pretty crazy how a whole country can be brainwashed.

Posts: 12541 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
C'mon everybody knows Barney is purple.
And everyone knows that the leader of NK is a loon.

I have to get a sardonic 'emoji' or maybe buy a book to update my dry humor, I whiffed twice.

In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
Looks like his bro in Malaysia was killed by VX nerve agent

Speculation is that each person had part of a binary agent on their hands so when they touched his face the VX was actually made from the combining of the two chemicals on his face

What I want to know is where they got that stuff and how they got it into Malaysia

And what is stopping him from getting a like or larger amount into someplace like, say, SAN Francisco

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-39096172

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I predict that one day he'll be assassinated.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29684 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diversified Hobbyist
Picture of Steve 22X
posted Hide Post
I wonder what will happen to his barber when Kim Jong Dung finally looks in a mirror and sees the haircut he has been giving him.

-----------------------------------
Regards, Steve
The anticipation is often greater than the actual reward

Posts: 2463 | Location: Wylie, Texas | Registered: November 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EasyFire
posted Hide Post
My reading of History's is that even crazy leaders have a support group that actually run the country. And they are at quite supportive of the crazy leader.

I suspect there is a small group of very powerful people fronting Un and consequently these executions are stopping dissidents at the slightest indication of a palace coup.

He could be with us for a while.

EasyFire [AT] zianet.com
----------------------------------
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
Nationwide Agent for >
US LawShield > https://www.texaslawshield.com...p.php?promo=ondemand
CCW Safe > www.ccwsafe.com/CCHPI

Posts: 1441 | Location: Denver Area Colorado | Registered: December 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post