SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Step-Daughter in Ski Accident - UPDATE #2 Page 2
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Step-Daughter in Ski Accident - UPDATE #2 Page 2 Login/Join 
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
glad all is working out. Prayers sent.
Sounds like you have handled it very well.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19161 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flying Sergeant
posted Hide Post
Prayers to both of you. Great job doing that parent stuff, it ain’t easy, glad to hear she’s recovering nicely.

Posts: 1673 | Location: Waukesha,WI | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
Glad she's doing so well. Prayers inbound for her continued and speedy recovery!

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16268 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When you have children (including step-children) you "wear your heart on your sleeve."

Glad to hear she is on the mend.

Posts: 693 | Registered: March 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
praying for you!. Pelvis is the toughest bone to break.. Gonna need a lot of rest and healing!!

Posts: 7796 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
Happy to hear that she's doing well.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3397 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glad she's on the mend. Don't let her over do...

_________

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right.

Henry Ford

Posts: 726 | Location: Texas | Registered: October 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG's 'n Surefires
Picture of M-11
posted Hide Post
Prayers for a complete and speedy recovery...for everyone.

"Common sense is wisdom with its sleeves rolled up." -Kyle Farnsworth
"Freedom of Speech does not guarantee freedom from consequences." -Mike Rowe
"Democracies aren't overthrown, they're given away." -George Lucas

Posts: 6880 | Location: IL, due south of the Arch | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
WOW! That must have been really scary. I know how you must have felt. My daughter rolled an ATV a few years back while the two of us were all alone up in the mountains. Luckily, she only suffered a bad laceration on an elbow and a hematoma on her thigh. The bad part was her elbow was packed full of gravel so it was a long night at the ER.
After getting her packed into the truck and on our way back into town I had to make the phone call to her mother. Now that was truly the hard part! Eek

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IntrepidTraveler
posted Hide Post
All,

Thank you for the good wishes. A quick update....

She has been recovering steadily since the accident. She is *almost* self-sufficient mobile now, with assistance of a walker. Her arm is in a short cast now (hand to mid-forearm). And her spirits are good. Docs told her she'd be out of school for probably another 3-4 weeks as of now, and they are very impressed with how quickly she is recovering. School is working with her so she doesn't miss anything (with the exception of one teacher).

I remain very thankful for everything and everyone. Braillediver, yeah it is hard being an adult sometimes. If it had to happen, I am glad I was there. Bytes, yes, we do appear to be a stand-up family. You never know until something bad happens. That's when true character and love come out.

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

"Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it)

Posts: 3296 | Location: Carlsbad NM/ Augusta GA | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
Did not see this until today.

Prayers sent for her continued healing and comfort.

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent for her continued healing.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11270 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
I'm glad things are working out. God bless and good luck.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12768 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Itchy was taken
Picture of scratchy
posted Hide Post
Thoughts and prayers for a speedy and complete recovery!

Posts: 4012 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
She sounds like a strong, resilient young woman; God bless her, and my prayers are with her and you, and your entire family. The young ones do tend to heal fast, thankfully. Praying for a complete recovery...

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1680 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Thanks be to God for her continued recovery. Hope she'll be fully well soon.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear she's doing better

Posts: 23403 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lucky to be Irish
posted Hide Post
Great news! Glad recovery is going so well.

Posts: 1770 | Location: Mason, OH | Registered: October 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IntrepidTraveler
posted Hide Post
Three weeks later...

This was the first time I saw her in person since the accident weekend. (I work in SC and only get home to NM about once a month or so.)

Her progress has been nothing short of amazing. When I finally saw her, she all but jumped up off the couch. Well, OK, I exaggerate a little, but she did get up unaided and walked around using just a cane. We went to church on Sunday, and she walked to and from the car, up a handful of steps. She could probably get by without using the cane, but the docs say she still needs to use it to bear weight, and she shouldn't be standing for long periods of time (more than a couple of minutes). More than that, she's in good spirits, and her support system - extended family, to include Mom, Dad, Step-Mom, Nana (grandmother), brothers, sisters, step-siblings - is fantastic.

Thanks once again for your thoughts and prayers.

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

"Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it)

Posts: 3296 | Location: Carlsbad NM/ Augusta GA | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Great news! The healing power of the young, if only we could harness it somehow.

Posts: 13741 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post