SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Rechargeable Lithium Ion Lawn Mower
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rechargeable Lithium Ion Lawn Mower Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I used to have a reel mower, but then I upgraded to a real mower Big Grin.

Posts: 17142 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
I have the 40V mower from Ryobi and also got the trimmer to go along with it. The mower battery is only 5A while the trimmer is only 2.6A. Using both of them couldn't finish the lawn after about 10 days of central Florida rain. But now that I'm back to my weekly cut cycle, one charge from the 5A battery will suffice.

For me, I like the convenience of not having to keep gas around and the fact that I can store the mower vertically in order to save space. Our garage is quite small and I insist that we park both cars inside. We're one of the few houses on the street where cars instead of junk go in the garage.

Posts: 13109 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
Now that technology has caught up with functional needs it makes a lot of since to go cordless. I'm tired for mixing for 2 cycle tools and having two fuels and the annual expense of spring service and the occasional repair.

As gas tools break I'm thinking about slowly replacing them with cordless, EGO looks like a winner, at least it was with Consumer Reports.

Posts: 3851 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
We're one of the few houses on the street where cars instead of junk go in the garage.

You mean few cars in Florida, not just the street!

Posts: 23423 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post