SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Church is pushing me out the door
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Church is pushing me out the door Login/Join 
posted
I read the church is calling Mexicans traiters if their skill & labor is used building the border wall. See link.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2...lic-church-says.html

Our priest's-homily last Sunday reminded us that the 2nd collection was for the church in Latin America & the Syrian refugees. Long ago, I scratched Catholic Chastities off the donation list. I came damn close to walking out while hollering I am but a poor infidel, Padre!
Concern yourself with dropping attendance. The Church is doing a great job pushing me out!

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Da pope say's ya gotta do it....

Posts: 23393 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
quote:
Catholic Chastities

LOL!

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6850 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
My wife and I left a little while ago. They seem to be trying to step in to political issues that I see the church having no business in.

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6484 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I left the Catholic Church a long time ago.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21100 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
Even my mother-in-law, who is literally as Catholic as one can get - almost - acknowledges that this is "not a good Pope".

Shows you what I know. I thought a statement like that would be borderline heresy.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16268 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My Catholic friends say the Yoop Catholic church is after them for $$$ on a regular basis.
They seem loyal, but pissed.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16067 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Is that a Bill Cosby quote? Big Grin

Posts: 45369 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have moved to giving and volunteering locally with our Catholic Church. There are good people there that want to help the locals in need. I stopped giving to the Priest Defense Fund (Bishop's Annual Appeal) and other non local Catholic charities a long time ago.
Unfortunately, people run the church and they aren't all honorable.

Posts: 179 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: November 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
^^^ Well said, MeatMan, me too!

quote:
Originally posted by 95flhr:
My wife and I left a little while ago. They seem to be trying to step in to political issues that I see the church having no business in.

Sorry to hear that, but... I understand.
I get pissed every time they "step in to political issues that I see the church having no business in." The Church is infested with leftists. True commies.

However, I'll be one of those who remain, clinging to the 'old time religion' of my parents and grandparents. The leftists will fail, both in running the USA, Europe and in running the Church. Their ideas are morally and intellectually bankrupt. They will fail.
There are still good men and women in the Church who will be there to pick up the pieces and rebuild once this group of leftists fail and die off.

Keep the faith! It's not rooted in men, even though they wear the priestly garments.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24066 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
My Catholic friends say the Yoop Catholic church is after them for $$$ on a regular basis.
They seem loyal, but pissed.

What with church attendance of all denominations down, the preachers & Padres are putting the bite on everyone.

http://churchleaders.com/pasto...ance-in-america.html
Religion is big business.

I'd agree with your U.P. Friends.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
The Catholic Church has been heavily involved in political issues since, well, forever. It's as much a political apparatus as a religious one.

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:
quote:

Whoa. Big Grin

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15209 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
How did the prior pope get moved aside? I heard that hadn't happened in 600 years. True? Suspicious? Seems so ...

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
I left the Catholic Church years ago. Cannot stomach the politics or what it has become. It is not the Church I served as child/teenager and frankly I don't recognize it.

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:
quote:

ding ding ding!, you get a cookie Big Grin

1965 Why is there Air Album

Posts: 23393 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
It's not so bad.

Posts: 8146 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
To all those who left:
Where did you go?
Another religion, or simply not practicing any religion?

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24066 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too clever by half
Picture of jigray3
posted Hide Post
Way ahead of you. Episcopal Church, here. Used to be, anyway.

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman

Posts: 10353 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Agreed.

Martin Luther FTW.

-------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post