SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Take a look at this headline on FoxNews.com this morning. Proofread much?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Take a look at this headline on FoxNews.com this morning. Proofread much? Login/Join 
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
It's not as if this is a unique occurrence, though. I see spelling mistakes in published material all the time.

Hardly a spelling mistake.

And it's the headline of the story.

Is the word misspelled? Then it's a spelling mistake. Doesn't matter where in the article it occurs. A typo is a typo.

It's misspelled?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
So now you're saying the word is spelled correctly for the title?

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
Wouldn't electrical order be preferable to electrical disorder?

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On the death of Chris Cornell the following quote appeared "Ativan belongs to the class of drugs known as benzodiazepines, or “benzos.” Benzodiazepines block the brain’s select neurotransmitters to slow hyperactive metal processs."

I guess this was some kind of Freudian slip? Did they mean to say Heavy metal process?

Posts: 17234 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
well, they had to land in odor to fix it.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Didn't y'all see Friday's news? Harvard did a study and found out that journalists are mostly stupid and drunk.

Posts: 17144 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
So now you're saying the word is spelled correctly for the title?

What the ...? Come on, now you're just messing with me, right?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What's the big deal? Siri does that to me all the time! Sometimes I catch it before I hit send...

P226 9mm CT
Springfield custom 1911 hardball
Glock 21
Les Baer Special Tactical AR-15

Posts: 1128 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Seriously. Who does Fox News have working over there? Educated recently in one of today's Universities no doubt. What a joke... Roll Eyes

American Airlines flight forced to land after electrical order is detected

Published May 19, 2017 Associated Press
Facebook

MORRISVILLE, N.C. – An American Airlines flight has made an unscheduled landing at a North Carolina airport after a strong electrical odor was detected on board.

Spokeswoman Katie Cody said Flight 1889 from Charlotte to Hartford, Connecticut, was diverted to Raleigh-Durham International Airport, where it landed safely at 5:01 p.m. Friday.

Cody said three crewmembers were taken to the hospital as a precaution. She said a maintenance crew is evaluating the Airbus 320.

A statement from Raleigh-Durham said six others on the flight were checked out by medical responders, but declined to go to the hospital.

Another American flight diverted on its way to Charlotte. Flight 1866 from Providence, Rhode Island, to Charlotte, reported an engine-related issue en route and diverted to Hartford. No one was hurt.

http://www.foxnews.com/travel/...der-is-detected.html

We had that happen on a flight 15 years ago and the flight crew didn't pay any attention to it, like I guess it happens all the time. Roll Eyes

Posts: 4472 | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TBH:
What's the big deal? Siri does that to me all the time! Sometimes I catch it before I hit send...

Well, Siri isn't worth a damn, then. And shouldn't we expect a little better than "oops, damn autocorrect" from a site that is supposed to give us news and information?

Posts: 27951 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EasyFire
posted Hide Post
Now I fully understand what fake news is!!!

EasyFire [AT] zianet.com
----------------------------------
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
Nationwide Agent for >
US LawShield > https://www.texaslawshield.com...p.php?promo=ondemand
CCW Safe > www.ccwsafe.com/CCHPI

Posts: 1441 | Location: Denver Area Colorado | Registered: December 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post