SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Where can I buy cotton cargo pants with hidden leg pockets?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Where can I buy cotton cargo pants with hidden leg pockets? Login/Join 
On a Wing
and a Prayer
Picture of Pilken
posted Hide Post
glad to hear that you found those! I have a bunch of pairs of these https://www.kuhl.com/kuhl/mens/pants/revolvr/

A bit expensive, but totally worth it IMO

-------------------------
“I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!”
- Dr. Seuss

Posts: 2624 | Location: FINALLY just outside of Chicagoland | Registered: April 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pilken:
glad to hear that you found those! I have a bunch of pairs of these https://www.kuhl.com/kuhl/mens/pants/revolvr/

Those look nice too. Do they ever have good sales that you have noticed?

Posts: 17881 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Late arrival to this thread...these still have a touch of “tactical” to them, but the Tru-Spec 24-7 pants have the hidden-seam cargo pockets (and nice little side / hip pockets perfectly sized for a knife or light).

I have a few pairs that I wear from time to time.

https://tacticalgear.com/tru-s...classic-pants-navy~1

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6693 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On a Wing
and a Prayer
Picture of Pilken
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
quote:
Originally posted by Pilken:

Those look nice too. Do they ever have good sales that you have noticed?

My wife is the shopper in the family, I'm sure she scoured the web for coupon codes to get these at lower prices than are on the site. I'm required to "not wear jeans" M-TH at work and these fit the bill perfectly.

-------------------------
“I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!”
- Dr. Seuss

Posts: 2624 | Location: FINALLY just outside of Chicagoland | Registered: April 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by CoolRich59:
Not exactly on point, but I have a pair of Duluth Trading Co. DuluthFlex Ballroom Khaki Shorts that have a great cellphone pocket. It is on the outside, but doesn't stick out.

Duluth has pants in the same style ( DuluthFlex Ballroom Khakis ). I know it's not what you said you're looking for, but thought I would mention them as the shorts are terrific.

Grabbed 2 pair while they were 30% off. I really like them! Cotton with a little stretch. Plenty of room.

Thanks for all the recommendations.

Those look good, and the sale price is nice, but they start 1 size too big for me.
May need to make the trek to the Duluth store (across the entire city of Houston) & see how they feel/fit.
May try out the 5.11 store that's much closer (only a couple miles) and check their clearance racks.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15289 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by CoolRich59:
Not exactly on point, but I have a pair of Duluth Trading Co. DuluthFlex Ballroom Khaki Shorts that have a great cellphone pocket. It is on the outside, but doesn't stick out.

Duluth has pants in the same style ( DuluthFlex Ballroom Khakis ). I know it's not what you said you're looking for, but thought I would mention them as the shorts are terrific.

Grabbed 2 pair while they were 30% off. I really like them! Cotton with a little stretch. Plenty of room.

Thanks for all the recommendations.

Those look good, and the sale price is nice, but they start 1 size too big for me.
May need to make the trek to the Duluth store (across the entire city of Houston) & see how they feel/fit.
May try out the 5.11 store that's much closer (only a couple miles) and check their clearance racks.

$5 cheaper per pair today than yesterday!

Posts: 17881 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This thread made me buy pants. Lol. Primary Arms is closing out Vertx Fusion pants. It’s the lightweight version, 5 oz cloth, for 20 bucks a pair. Limit 7. I just bought 6. Vertx is that good. By the way, this particular pant has 14 pockets. (It’s not as obnoxious as it sounds lol)

Posts: 7460 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
This thread made me buy pants. Lol. Primary Arms is closing out Vertx Fusion pants. It’s the lightweight version, 5 oz cloth, for 20 bucks a pair. Limit 7. I just bought 6. Vertx is that good. By the way, this particular pant has 14 pockets. (It’s not as obnoxious as it sounds lol)

I just looked at those pants on Primary Arms and color me skeptical at $20 a pair. How long does a pair last with regular wear? I'm sure they are manufactured overseas as nothing on the description stated origin of manufacture.

I vowed awhile back to make a concerted effort to buy American made and sourced every time I possibly can even if that means paying considerably more which it usually does.

I will say at $20 a pair the cheap ass in me says what do I have to lose but I'm going to take a pass put that $20 towards a pair of Triple Aught American made cargo pants.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8524 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fair enough. I only buy Vertx on closeout. The regular price for these is 80 bucks a pair. I have a stack of unopened Vertx pants I bought a few years back from LAPG for like 12 bucks apiece in closeout. I got the first couple pair and was amazed, yes amazed, at how good Vertx is that I went back and bought about 10 more. They are about the perfect pant. I gained a bunch of weight in chemo though so I needed some bigger size until I can get back down to my “normal”.

I honestly don’t know where they are made. I can tell you Vertx sew quality and material quality is as good as any pant I’ve ever bought, 5.11, Mountain Khaki, etc. Where they take the win though is design. They put pockets where they make sense. They make them of a size that’s useful. They do it without being obnoxious.

I guess I’m a fanboy. Vertx is the best pant out there. For 20 bucks on normally 80 dollar pants I recommend you try before you scoff.

Posts: 7460 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:Where they take the win though is design. They put pockets where they make sense. They make them of a size that’s useful. They do it without being obnoxious.

They contracted with Arc'Teryx early on to get their design and pattern making off the ground, along with assisting them in sourcing of fabrics and finding a factory west of Hawaii.

A number of companies now that are US based, are attempting to support US industry, the fact is there's very, very little sew shops available, especially of any commercial quality. There's a handful of textile mills which I believe Beyond Clothing, Otte Gear and TAD Gear have sourced, but, they all have to source production overseas. Crye I know has their own sewers but, most of them are focused on tactical nylon; as they've grown they've been able to lock-up production time with domestic sew shops however, the final price also reflects that.

Posts: 14637 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post