SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Where can I buy cotton cargo pants with hidden leg pockets?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Where can I buy cotton cargo pants with hidden leg pockets? Login/Join 
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted
I do not mean hidden where you cannot see them.

I am looking for your basic cotton pants in khaki (or similar) color that has a leg pocket that is on the inside, not on the outside of the pants leg - especially not ballooned out. I use this for just my cell phone.

I am not looking for material that feels like a parachute and it does not have to had lots of tactical features.

Costco had some once but they did not fit me very well and I have yet to find another source.

Anyone wear these and/or know where to get them?

Posts: 17885 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Like these? https://www.amazon.com/Dickies...id=1606683901&sr=8-5 or https://www.workingclassclothe...one-pocket-pant.html

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!

Posts: 1365 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Probably the Red Kap depending on how the snap is made. I like to keep the phone in a side pocket like that to avoid keys and other items scratching the screen. The location needs to be accessible in my vehicle so the Dickies are probably out. Thanks

Posts: 17885 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
Not exactly on point, but I have a pair of Duluth Trading Co. DuluthFlex Ballroom Khaki Shorts that have a great cellphone pocket. It is on the outside, but doesn't stick out.

Duluth has pants in the same style ( DuluthFlex Ballroom Khakis ). I know it's not what you said you're looking for, but thought I would mention them as the shorts are terrific.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6403 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Check out Vertx.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8343 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
5.11 Covert 2.0 Khaki Dress Pants

It has a small hidden zipper along either side seams, which opens a hidden cargo pocket sized right for a cell phone.

No ballooning. No obvious cargo pocket. Just looks like a pair of khakis. Not 100% cotton, though. They're 65/35 poly/cotton, but are waterproof and a bit more stretchy as a result.

Unfortunately, they were recently discontinued. But you may still be able to find your size in stock at somewhere like Amazon, Galls, or LA Police Gear.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Vertx has the hidden zip pocket behind the real pocket. Plus, Vertx makes the best pants. So much so I bought about a dozen pairs on closeout from LAPG a few years back. Wife was none too happy. Every time she sees the remaining pants still in plastic I get the “look”. Lol

Posts: 7472 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Vertx is solid I've had good success from their various styles. Their Phantom pant was my first casual looking tactical pant, they've since improved and refined it with other styles.

Otte Gear just came out with a few new bottoms, their Capital Pant is the most chino styling. Order a size larger than usual as shrinkage happens with high-cotton content.

TAD Gear Covert Pant, I've been meaning to get. They've had a niche following in the tactical world over the last 20-years.

Tactical Distributors Carlos Ray Pant has its fans.

Viktos is a new player on the EDC/Greyman tactical scene. Slick website, haven't gotten my hands on any of their gear but, look promising.

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
5.11 covert cargo pants. I see a few on ebay, but they are oddball sizes.

Vertx has been on my purchase list lately.

Posts: 380 | Registered: March 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by creedbratton2:
5.11 covert cargo pants. I see a few on ebay, but they are oddball sizes.

The thing is, the Covert Cargo pants are readily recognizable as cargo pants, since they have a very obvious baggy, double-stitched cargo pocket on each leg with large external zippers with lanyards:

So these Covert Cargo pants look like tactical cargo pants, just with a zipper instead of a flap on the cargo pocket.

Whereas the Covert Khaki/Covert Dress pants that I described earlier just look like slacks, but have a hidden zippered cargo pocket in each leg seam, which isn't visible from the outside, and which sounds more like what the OP is after:

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post
I got some from LL Beans that has pockets under the pockets.

Bob

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 4581 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Possibly these: https://www.livsndesigns.com/p...ts/flex-canvas-pants

It has a side pocket for a knife. Maybe rearranging your pockets will allow the phone to stay in an upper pocket and knife and keys in a different one?

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

I like the Duluth Fire Hose pants, which are also available in a lighter fabric called Duluth-Flex Fire Hose pants, same setup of pockets. The main cargo pocket's flap is reduced in size so it fits inside the pocket without bunching. Plus there is another set of velcro inside to keep it there. There are two other pockets on the outside of the main cargo pocket, one of which has its opening covered by the flap, and is a perfect size for a cell phone. So you carry your cell safely in a completely covered pocket. The other outside pocket is not covered by the flap, and is the perfect size for a pistol magazine. Inside the main inside traditional pocket is a small "watch pocket" at the bottom. These pants were perfect for shooting competition, and I also use them exclusively for everyday wear, Fire Hose in the winter, and Duluth-Flex Fire Hose in the summer, or the same thing in shorts.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10785 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Check out LLBean Pathfinder pants. I have been wearing this style for many years and keep going back as I prefer the cut and like the pocket layout.

The “POLICE"
Their job Is To Save Your Ass,
Not Kiss It

The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says "go away" in any language - Clint Smith

Posts: 2890 | Location: See der Rabbits, Iowa | Registered: June 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Check LA Police Gear.
They offer many pant styles that suit your needs.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by msfzoe:
Check LA Police Gear.
They offer many pant styles that suit your needs.

LAPG offers a wide variety of brands, but I'd recommend skipping their in-house pants brand.

In my experience, they're very cheaply made, with poor stitching and plastic zippers. I bought a couple pairs of their original basic tactical pants several years ago, and both pairs blew out stitching the first time they were subjected to even moderate use (slightly dynamic range training).

They may have improved in the intervening years, but that left a terrible first impression, so I haven't tried again.

Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
How big is your cell phone?

Columbia makes a pant that I like called the Ultimate ROC Flex Pant. The pocket on the side of the leg is a bit small for a smartphone, but can probably accommodate a flip phone.

https://www.amazon.com/Columbi...id=1606752762&sr=8-7

I should add that these are 98% cotton and 2% Elastane which makes them just a little stretchy, but not overly so. Makes it nice if you're on the active side to get down and look under things and what not.

Posts: 11164 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CoolRich59:
Duluth has pants in the same style ( DuluthFlex Ballroom Khakis ).

The Duluth Ballroom Khakis seem to be the exact style. The pocket is made on the inside, not really sewn on the outside. I need to visit the store to check the material and fit out. I just wish there was a similar but cheaper option.

I am still working my way through all the other recommendations.

Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Ditto various offerings by Vertx.

Kuhl also has a number of offerings that have the "drop" pocket that is very handy for a phone. Many of their pants aren't going to look like traditional khakis, though.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CoolRich59:
Not exactly on point, but I have a pair of Duluth Trading Co. DuluthFlex Ballroom Khaki Shorts that have a great cellphone pocket. It is on the outside, but doesn't stick out.

Duluth has pants in the same style ( DuluthFlex Ballroom Khakis ). I know it's not what you said you're looking for, but thought I would mention them as the shorts are terrific.

Grabbed 2 pair while they were 30% off. I really like them! Cotton with a little stretch. Plenty of room.

Swapped from relaxed to standard fit which still had plenty of extra room.

Thanks for all the recommendations.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Oz_Shadow,