SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Who are we using for photo hosting now?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who are we using for photo hosting now? Login/Join 
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I'm using Imageshack. $3.99 per month, and well worth it.

Posts: 32505 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't recommend 'tinypic', they have ALL kinds of pop up shit that seems to be infected with viruses.

Opening up new windows and everything.

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doubtful...
Picture of TomS
posted Hide Post
Imgur link does not work for me for avatar. Picture posting works fine.

Any ideas?

Best regards,

Tom

I have no comment at this time.

Posts: 3110 | Location: Coker Creek,TN | Registered: April 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:

I see that they have unlimited uploads on the basic plan but it seems there is a bandwidth limitation, do you know what it is, I couldn't find it without signing up.

oh and dang, every time somebody replies to that amazing picture . . .

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3590 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by redstone:
I see that they have unlimited uploads on the basic plan but it seems there is a bandwidth limitation, do you know what it is, I couldn't find it without signing up.

It's buried in their FAQ.

30 Day Free Trial - 10 GB/month
Basic - 30 GB/month (This is the $3.99/month plan)
Pro - 1 TB/month
Premium - 4 TB/month

Posts: 32505 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by redstone:

It's buried in their FAQ.

30 Day Free Trial - 10 GB/month
Basic - 30 GB/month (This is the $3.99/month plan)
Pro - 1 TB/month
Premium - 4 TB/month

Also, if you pay for a whole year it is only $38 which is $10 cheaper even. Thanks for the information.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3590 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cookster:

Posts: 23414 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by toms:

Any ideas?
Open your image in imgur.
Select 'edit image' in lower right corner.
Select 'Crop/Resize' in upper left corner.
Resize image to 60 x 60 or whatever.
Save it and you're good to go.
Be sure to use 'Direct Link' for avatars, not the BBCode one.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15480 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doubtful...
Picture of TomS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
quote:
Originally posted by toms:

Any ideas?
Open your image in imgur.
Select 'edit image' in lower right corner.
Select 'Crop/Resize' in upper left corner.
Resize image to 60 x 60 or whatever.
Save it and you're good to go.
Be sure to use 'Direct Link' for avatars, not the BBCode one.

Thank you sir.

Best regards,

Tom

I have no comment at this time.

Posts: 3110 | Location: Coker Creek,TN | Registered: April 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:

Fucking Boy Scouts, that's who Wink

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Storm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:
I wouldn't recommend 'tinypic', they have ALL kinds of pop up shit that seems to be infected with viruses.

Opening up new windows and everything.

I've been unable to upload to tinypic for about 5 days. I've seen a few complaints on the web about it, as well. That probably bodes ill for them.

Loyalty Above All Else, Except Honor

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 3873 | Location: Colorado | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Storm:

I've been unable to upload to tinypic for about 5 days. I've seen a few complaints on the web about it, as well. That probably bodes ill for them.

I tried 3 times early this morning (no-go) and was thankful that creslin fixed us up.

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free radical
scavenger
Picture of rh
posted Hide Post
In my original unedited post on the Photobucket thread, I relayed some negative comments from the Wikipedia entry on Tinypic to try to discourage using it. However, I edited that out of my post due to positive comments about Tinypic from forum members, leaving in only the subtle warning that Tinypic is a Photobucket company.

And in my email today, I received a notice from Picturetrail that they are transitioning to a paid model for $20 / year: http://www.picturetrail.com/webpages/upgrade.shtml There is still a free option, but it doesn't seem to offer much storage. (That limit of 50 MB for the premium account must be a mistake because that's not very many full size photos.)

With Photobucket getting rid of around 750,000 accounts, it's understandable that a lot of bandwidth and storage pressure will be put on the other image hosting sites. I expected that list of free 3rd image hosting sites to change, which is why I am not interested in individually maintaining and supporting the list. (I don't have the time.)

I'm going to keep using imgur and postimages as long as they work, with the creslin option as a backup plan.

Posts: 1140 | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Storm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rh:
With Photobucket getting rid of around 750,000 accounts, it's understandable that a lot of bandwidth and storage pressure will be put on the other image hosting sites....

You need to add a couple zeros to that number. Photobucket's user base was 100,000,000+ users (100 million).

Just trying to put things into an accurate perspective.

Loyalty Above All Else, Except Honor

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 3873 | Location: Colorado | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:

I use Imageshack too. I bought a yearly subscription. It's now expired, but my photos are still accessible, and I've not been asked to make another payment.

I've searched, with no success, for a way to make another payment. I think I'll try again this evening.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8941 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Better Than I Deserve!
Picture of LBTRS
posted Hide Post
Shugurt,

Do you work in advertising? If not you should look into it. That post sold me.

Posts: 4986 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: September 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post