SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Jackson Mississippi Restaurants?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jackson Mississippi Restaurants? Login/Join 
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted
I'm doing a short business trip to Jackson MS next week. Just an over night so need a good lunch/ dinner spot. I'll be in the area around the airport.

Any suggestions on some good places for awesome food?

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted Hide Post
Woops

Posts: 1002 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Haveme1or2:
Pearl ms, hwy 80 is where allot is.
Lakeland drive (hwy 25) is loaded with restaurants too.
Stay away from Jackson it's a chit hole.
Cracker barrel, 410 Riverwind Dr, Pearl, MS 39208
There are several restaurants in that area.

Posts: 1002 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
Mississippi Gal lives in that area, you might check with her.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10487 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is a good meat & three there called the Two Sisters. It does get crowded at lunch from the legal crowd around the Capital.
Last time I was there it was still in an old Southern home probably 5-6 blocks north of downtown.

Posts: 583 | Location: Helena, AL | Registered: July 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
Don’t know the exact drive time but always enjoyed this place: http://www.cockofthewalkrestaurant.com/ Reservoir (Ridgeland) location is probably the closest. Several other restaurants near there as well.

In the downtown area try http://www.keifers.net/ or The Elite on E. Capitol. (I would limit those two to daytime choices).

About 20 minutes south on Hwy 49 is Berry’s Seafood if you want a gigantic buffet.

Michael

Posts: 1093 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:

Biloxi Razz

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is a new steak and shake in peral, a 10 min drive from airport. There is a good Chinese Buffett close to the mall in pearl also texas steak house, cracker barrel, and a fish house all located by the movie theater and there is an outdoor world by the mall too

Posts: 663 | Registered: August 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
quote:

Biloxi Razz

Only 2.5 hours away, i live 10 min from biloxi and drive to Pearl once a week for my wife's air force drill weekend

Posts: 663 | Registered: August 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Biloxi Razz

We go to Biloxi about once a month. First time I had boiled shrimp there I told them they would go to jail in Louisiana for boiling them in plain water with no season in them.

Posts: 13014 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
These are mine when I go through Jackson/Pearl/Brandon.

Cock of The Walk (all you can eat catfish)

Penns Seafood (Poboy sandwiches)

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34082 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
These are mine when I go through Jackson/Pearl/Brandon.

Cock of The Walk (all you can eat catfish)

Penns Seafood (Poboy sandwiches)

These are two of the very best the Jackson area has to offer.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20303 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by charlie12:
quote:
quote:

Biloxi Razz

We go to Biloxi about once a month. First time I had boiled shrimp there I told them they would go to jail in Louisiana for boiling them in plain water with no season in them.

Ha! Stolen.

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately I'm arriving early evening, spending the night, meetings in the morning then flying out that afternoon so no time to drive any distance.

Although I would have enjoyed seeing Biloxi.

I'm getting the impression that the city might not be a place to wander around at night whistling Dixie

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
Unfortunately I'm arriving early evening, spending the night, meetings in the morning then flying out that afternoon so no time to drive any distance.

Although I would have enjoyed seeing Biloxi.

I'm getting the impression that the city might not be a place to wander around at night whistling Dixie

Whistling Dixie around there probably wouldn't be the best song to whistle.
I'm supposed to go there next weekend for the hamfest but I don't think I'm going. Be safe

Posts: 13014 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post