SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    California Democrats Decline To Endorse Another Term For Sen. Dianne Feinstein
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

California Democrats Decline To Endorse Another Term For Sen. Dianne Feinstein Login/Join 
Picture of Ironmike57
posted
I did not see this elsewhere on the forum.

https://www.npr.org/2018/02/25...sen-dianne-feinstein

Posts: 1978 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
quote:
She kept talking. The music got louder. "I guess my time is up," Feinstein conceded as what sounded like a 1940's movie score continued playing.

...echoed her statement in a chant: "Your time is up! Your time is up!," a not so subtle reference to Feinstein's 25 years in the U.S. Senate.

I agree her time is up - although I imagine her replacement will be worse.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
She is suspected of leaning toward conservative, and reputedly said something not hateful about Donald Trump.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckWall
posted Hide Post
I predict she will be remembered as a voice of reason once her replacement is elected.
I'm sure De Leon will make Willy Brown look like Rush Limbaugh.

MAGA

Posts: 5689 | Registered: February 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Yup, the party is being run by full blown commies now. Apparently Feinstein has just a wee bit too much American in her...however small that might be.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Well, they can't back De Leon openly because that would be age-ist.

OTOH, this could be a fun election to watch for the rest of us. Gavin Newsom is ahead of the pack, but hasn't really outdistanced the competition and got no more than 39% of the delegates.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
I sense a disturbance in the farce, the Cali dems will be looking to replace her with a minority with a strong LGBT bend...

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
Unless she decides not to run (or dies), she'll still get re-elected.

Posts: 1809 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
She is suspected of leaning toward conservative, and reputedly said something not hateful about Donald Trump.

Yup...this right here. I'd imagine Dianne is a wee too conservative for the curret-day California Communist.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2012BOSS302:
quote:
She kept talking. The music got louder. "I guess my time is up," Feinstein conceded as what sounded like a 1940's movie score continued playing.

...echoed her statement in a chant: "Your time is up! Your time is up!," a not so subtle reference to Feinstein's 25 years in the U.S. Senate.

Yes, but without the seniority.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zoom6zoom:
quote:
Originally posted by 2012BOSS302:
quote:

Yes, but without the seniority.

DeLeon (who added the "De" to his name to sound more Hispanic) is the originator of the "ghost gun" and other major mis-characterization about firearms (including rate of fire) plus he has flat out said only the government (police and military) should be allowed to own weapons.

He has less regards for your constitutional rights than Baraaack did.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14034 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
She is also a bit corrupt. Such as taking big money from Agro business and then trying to send excessive amounts of Nor Cal water to SoCal. She is in the pocket of big business, just for the money. The "little people", such as residents, outdoorsmen, fishermen, etc., are just peons in her way.

She has 24 hour police protection, but also has a CCW permit which the "little people" cannot have.

I am hoping, probably just dreaming, that the Dem party will so become so far out of touch with the regular people, that a republican or indepentant will become governor.

-c1steve

Posts: 4052 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
They have the goofy primary system now where the top two vote getters in the primary run in the general, regardless of party affiliation. This more or less guarantees two God Damned Commies to chose from.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
good
she has outlived her uselessness

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53164 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
De Leon is worse on guns than DiFi. The state dem endorsement means little as the the top two primary will inevitably yield a DiFi vs. De Leon rematch in the general election due the complete lack of GOP candidates who can win. Republicans can vote for the devil they know and put her over the top replace her with worse.

Posts: 4277 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post