SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    San Diego’s high kicking weatherman John Coleman dies – Weather Channel Founder, Climate Change Denier
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

San Diego’s high kicking weatherman John Coleman dies – Weather Channel Founder, Climate Change Denier Login/Join 
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted
John Coleman, the dancing, prancing San Diego weatherman who tickled television viewers by the way he would sing out the letter U in KUSI-TV’s call letters, died on Saturday. He was 83. Coleman, who also angered many people by insisting that global warming is a hoax, died at his home in Las Vegas, according to KUSI, where he served as a forecaster from 1994 to 2014, when he retired. The station did not announce the cause of death, but it did say that Coleman was surrounded by family when he passed away. His 2014 retirement capped a 60-year career during which served Coleman as the first forecaster on ABC’s “Good Morning America,” then went on to found the Weather Channel during the early days of cable television. The channel evolved from a little known number on the dial to the place millions of Americans turn first to track everything from hurricanes in Florida to blizzards in the Midwest to Santa Ana winds in California. “Like a strike of lightening (sic), a clap of thunder and a ray of sunshine, legendary weatherman John Coleman was an exciting, powerful and humorous force in the lives of so many,” KUSI evening anchor Sandra Maas said Sunday on Twitter.

Link

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah I remember him from Chicago many years ago. He was a hoot even in his late 70s.

Posts: 17234 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Coleman's CNN appearance is a hoot.

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
I also enjoyed him when he was in Chicago.
RIP John.

Posts: 4625 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
in the end karma
always catches up
posted Hide Post
Watched him in Chicago and San Diego, really enjoyed his weather reports!

" The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State" Art 1 Sec 32 Indiana State Constitution

YAT-YAS

Posts: 3693 | Location: Northwest, In | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Pointless factoid, Coleman and I both started our tv careers at WCIA, Champaign, Il, he was twenty-one years ahead of me.

RIP Mr. Coleman

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8343 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SeaCliff
posted Hide Post
Always enjoyed watching him here in San Diego.

RIP

Posts: 1894 | Location: San Diego | Registered: October 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I loved how he ran out of his chair every Friday night. Hope he's floating on the breeeeeeze.

Posts: 4278 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post