SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Washer repair question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Washer repair question Login/Join 
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted
I'm in the process of getting the RV up and going.
I flushed the fresh water system and then tried to use the washer, no go.
When I winterized it in the fall it stopped working as I winterized it. It went from lighting up and filling the drum to nothing at all, no lights on the control pad and no response.
The unit is a Bosch AXXIS front loader( WFC2090UC) with a matching stack-able dryer on top. They plug into each other, then both units share a 220v outlet.
Any ideas?
It's a MAJOR PAIN to remove the units.

Posts: 4625 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
First thing I would check is if it has power going to the unit. Does the dryer have power to it? Are they both on the same breaker?

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oa1ez7yL_T4

I would recommend Camping world but!
the one in Wauconda has horrible yelp revues,

then again that might only be 1% of their customers

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54636 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
I would drag the units out and throw in the garbage before I would go to Camping World for anything!
The washer and dryer plug into each other then a common plug, plugs into a 220v outlet.

Posts: 4625 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Check for power going to the washer itself. Unfortunately you’re most likely going to have to pull one out. You can check the breaker and make sure you have 220v coming out of it. Also check your shorepower and make sure you have 220volts coming into the Rv to begin with.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
jimmy, are you just posting away without bothering to read anything in threads you've posted in, after you post? You need to open your eyes, go back and do a bit of reading. I'm not going to keep saying this to you.

Posts: 107574 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, I have read the entire thread, the unit was working and stopped working. Nothing lights up on the unit. This screams a lack of power and not a circuit board issue where the unit would have some sign of life. Nowhere has the OP stated that he has verified the unit has power. If it’s installed in a cabinet there is no way one can access the back of the unit to verify power at the unit 99% of the time. Bosch and Miele are usually bulletproof. Rv wiring and the vibration it takes, is generally not.

I deal with these types of units on yachts all of the time. Most yachts have them. Miele, Bosch and mostly splendid. It sounds like a power issue. They too are always mounted behind wood walls/cabinets that are a royal pain to remove to access the unit, like 3 + hours to take the cabinet apart usually. Sometimes a full day to r+r the woodwork. Yacht owners don’t care what it costs, they’re not carting their clothes to a laundry on a trip. But either way, you have to verify there is power to the unit, usually this requires taking the cabinet apart. If there’s power, I then get the Bosch repairman out, who needs the cabinet taken apart and the unit accessible anyways, and he’s not going to take out custom woodwork on your rv or yacht to fix the unit. It sucks, but it’s the way it is. I have a splendid washer on the yacht I am standing on right this minute with the same issue, you cannot get the washer out of the stateroom to install a new one, they installed it and then built the yacht interior walls around it and the door is to narrow to change it. So it has to be fixed in the stateroom, after removing the bed and woodwork around it. What Bosch does with these units isn’t takes 220 volts and splits it at the unit 1-110 volt leg to the washer and 1-110volt leg to the dryer, if there’s a bad connection on 1 leg the washer will work but not the dryer or vice versa.

If the op knew what was wrong with it and how to fix it, it would be fixed already. I deal with these units ALL of the time, but what do I know.

Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
I did a google search but no luck.

I’ll recommend you go over to RV.net go to the forum area, and then to the “Tech Issues” subforum and ask there.

Good luck to you.

Edit: email sent to you. Let me know

Posts: 11840 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
Thanks Jimmy. I do appreciate your advice.I will search for an easy access to confirm power to the washer.There is power to the dryer.
You are correct, the Yachts and Motorhomes share many common areas of design.
I will always remember and be thankful for, all the advice you gave me when you contacted me about the Hatteras 58" Tri-cabin I was looking at (still available)I still have a question about that boat if you contact me (PM) I would like to talk to you about it.

posted Hide Post
Thanks. I’ll email you tonight. I’m taking a 68’ searay from Fort Lauderdale up to your neck of the woods (Chicago) and have been at it everyday since the 9th and exhausted but will send you an email when I get into Rogers city,mi tonight.

Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
but what do I know.

Definitely not how to go back and read Para's posts

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3599 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Email sent.

Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks. I’ll email you tonight. I’m taking a 68’ searay from Fort Lauderdale up to your neck of the woods (Chicago) and have been at it everyday since the 9th and exhausted but will send you an email when I get into Rogers city,mi tonight.

We just arrived at our house on Hammond Bay. About half way between Rogers City and Cheboygan. Does the boat have AIS? My 7 yo son loves ships and tracks them on his iPad.

Posts: 10938 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
quote:

We just arrived at our house on Hammond Bay. About half way between Rogers City and Cheboygan. Does the boat have AIS? My 7 yo son loves ships and tracks them on his iPad.

No AIS. I’m in Rogers city tonight and headed right past you tommorow morning and then down the eastern shore of Lake Michigan to to manistee. Then Monday a straight shot to Chicago.

Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
Let me know when your in Chicago, I can lay down some cover fire long enough to let you get into a bar/restaurant, I can then buy you a drink or dinner.

Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
Went out and checked the washer again. It sat for about 24 hrs. It turned on, began to fill and then about 10 seconds later it shut down, no lights. Probably will do the same thing if I wait a day and try again.

Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
I think Jimmy went by the house at 8:35am this morning. That boat was pretty fast.

Posts: 10938 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
I think Jimmy went by the house at 8:35am this morning. That boat was pretty fast.

Well, he sure hasn’t taken the time to review prior posts as a certain someone has suggested. Repeatedly.

Or he has and is feigning ignorance. Or not.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12415 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post