SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    So I agreed to foster a dog... ***UPDATE Page 2***
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So I agreed to foster a dog... ***UPDATE Page 2*** Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
If I was fostering that dog, you'd have to fight me for him, but then I'm already a Certified Foster Failure.

Good luck getting rid of him. Yeah, like that will ever happen! Cool

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9153 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No way you can't love a Dane. I've had four of the German Mastiffs (the real name) and every one was a gem. One brindle and three blacks. All were sweet and gentle, while at the same time quietly, unobtrusively watching your back. I've had them in the back of my Cessna 172, and two of them in my 18' canoe, without any incident at all. I took one back packing and she carried her own food. I've switched to bird dogs because I hunt lots (I did have two bird dogs and two danes at the same time but that was nuts and required too many logistic resolutions), but my heart will always have a place for danes. Whoever gets yours will be a lucky person.

Posts: 71 | Registered: January 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Money won is sweeter
than money earned
Picture of Rick_Perry
posted Hide Post
Thank you very much for fostering him!!

I love when people do this. Every dog deserves a chance. Enjoy! Great looking dog!

Einstein defines insanity as "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"

Posts: 3086 | Location: SE MI | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
My brother had a Great Dane Argentine Dogo mix who was a monster. He was aptly named roadblock. He was a great dog but sadly died of cancer b for his 5th birthday.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Well, this 'little' bugger actually hit the lotto and went to his new family this evening. He's headed to a 7k square foot mansion on 1.5 acres on a lake. The gentleman who adopted him is one of my neighbors and has owned Great Danes in the past. He even built an additional bathroom accessible from the back of the home (lake side) that was designed specifically for dog bathing. He's got two great kids (one sixth grade girl and one ninth grade boy) who absolutely adore him. I hated to see him go (he was a really neat dog) but I don't think he could have landed with a better family.

Oh, and best of all, I should still get to see him ever so often. I'm going to chock this one up as a home run. Smile

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
Well, this 'little' bugger actually hit the lotto and went to his new family this evening. He's headed to a 7k square foot mansion on 1.5 acres on a lake. The gentleman who adopted him is one of my neighbors and has owned Great Danes in the past. He even built an additional bathroom accessible from the back of the home (lake side) that was designed specifically for dog bathing. He's got two great kids (one sixth grade girl and one ninth grade boy) who absolutely adore him. I hated to see him go (he was a really neat dog) but I don't think he could have landed with a better family.

Oh, and best of all, I should still get to see him ever so often. I'm going to chock this one up as a home run. Smile

The kids really wanted a horse, but all they got was a Great Dane to ride around the back yard? hehehehe..... well it sounds like a happy ending for the boy.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Very glad to hear the outcome for another of God’s greatest creatures!

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm going to chock this one up as a home run.

Are they adopting any adult children? I've always wanted to live lakeside.

Awesome news, sounds like a win on ever level imaginable. Good job!

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20816 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Surrounded by
Fruit Loops
Picture of Baran
posted Hide Post
Great job, we had almost 30 foster dogs come through our house last year. Always sad to see them go. Very rewarding when you can help the shy ones come out of their shell and get adopted into a family. My wife has focused more on getting them adopted directly and has help plans almost 400 dogs besides the direct fosters

Posts: 1523 | Location: Happy Valley, MA | Registered: November 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SAC trained killer
Picture of Ricardokid11
posted Hide Post
Good on you for fostering such a beautiful dog. Looks like he is already " home ". Best of luck for a forever home and great companionship! Smile

" May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am".

Posts: 2083 | Location: Glen Allen, VA. | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Nice work BD. Enjoy the reward!

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19172 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Nice job. Such a gorgeous dog.