SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Family of Michael Brown Settles Lawsuit Against City of Ferguson
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Family of Michael Brown Settles Lawsuit Against City of Ferguson Login/Join 
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
I hope Darren Wilson counter sues. He lost his job because he was assaulted by Michael Brown. Seems like the Brown estate owes him something.

Michael Brown has been crime free for 1049 days...

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
From the article linked above,

State law does require that the settlement amount be released, and Carey disclosed the amount after open records requests from the Post-Dispatch and at least one other media organization, the Associated Press.

Webber said the split of the amount between Michael Brown Sr. and Lezley McSpadden “is fair and reasonable,” and the agreement “provides for a reasonable amount” for attorney fees and expenses.

Plaintiff's lawyers working on a contingency basis typically take 33-40 percent of a settlement

so each of Brown's parents would get about $450k

still ridiculous, but at least this keeps Darren Wilson from going thru a civil suit

Posts: 19565 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gw3971:
I hope Darren Wilson counter sues. He lost his job because he was assaulted by Michael Brown. Seems like the Brown estate owes him something...

I would like to see that. Smile

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
The saga quietly continued...

Apparently the family of MB and others pushed the new black prosecutor in St Louis county to reopen the investigation into the actions of officer Wilson...

Link

Wesley Bell announces he will not bring charges after reinvestigation into death of Michael Brown

"The only question is whether we can prove beyond a reasonable doubt that a crime was committed, and the answer to that is no," Bell said Thursday

Posts: 23403 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
"The only question is whether we can prove beyond a reasonable doubt that a crime was committed, and the answer to that is no," Bell said Thursday

Something any reasonable person could've figured out about 3 years ago. But then again we aren't dealing with reasonable people.

Mongo only pawn in game of life...

Posts: 683 | Location: DFW | Registered: August 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just after this happened, “daddy” had a t-shirt, or maybe a sweatshirt, made that read “gone to soon” with regards to his “son”. Roll Eyes Big Grin

Posts: 470 | Location: California | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
I hope Darren Wilson counter sues. He lost his job because he was assaulted by Michael Brown. Seems like the Brown estate owes him something.

I know it won't happen, but the City of Ferguson ought to sue Michael Brown Sr. and Lezley McSpadden for inciting the riots that caused the City to burn.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24073 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JoseyWales2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Apparently the family of MB and others pushed the new black prosecutor in St Louis county to reopen the investigation into the actions of officer Wilson...

Wesley Bell announces he will not bring charges after reinvestigation into death of Michael Brown

I'm not sure what they hoped to do. If Barry and Eric Holder couldn't find something, anything to pin on him, what were they expecting to do?

I'm a bit surprised Mr. Bell is so reasonable, but then it is election season for him and I suspect the rest of STL county isn't quite as radical as his home turf (Ferguson itself as I recall), and he knows it.

----------------------------------
"These things you say we will have, we already have."
"That's true. I ain't promising you nothing extra."

Posts: 578 | Location: Missouri | Registered: October 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Seems these people will never stop trying to profit from their miscreant. They made the monster and through crocodile tears hope to exploit the circumstances they created. Outrageous. Disgraceful.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29684 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I waited to post because I got so pissed off reading yet another article attributed to this gutter trash.

What pissed me off is what the St Louis County prosecutor stated to the press:

"This is one of the most difficult things I have had to do as an elected official," Wesley Bell said at a press conference announcing the findings of an independent, five-month review.

After examining thousands of pages of witness statements, forensic reports and other evidence, Bell said his office was unable to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Darren Wilson committed murder or manslaughter under Missouri law when he shot and killed Brown.

Piss on you Bell and the trolley you rode in on.

So, it pains you that you were not able to prosecute an innocent man. A man who went out night after night to protect and serve the community, and during one of these shifts responded to a call for service/help from a citizen and ended up fighting for his life.

So instead of being objective and just looking at the facts you went into this intentionally being subjective trying to hang a man.

When we as Police officers do that we are labeled as racist, we stereotype or bias etc..

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
This is the 3rd. investigation into that thugs attack on a cop. Quit beating this dead horse.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post