SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Continuing Adventures of Kanye West- Last Night on SNL
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Continuing Adventures of Kanye West- Last Night on SNL Login/Join 
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
...but he doesn't speak for me vis a vis President Trump any more than Roseanne Barr did.

Of course he is not speaking for you or me. But unlike Barr, what West is doing is shaking and poking a big sharp stick at his very own fan base, the young high school/college kids who purchase his shit. It's not too difficult to surmise that his fan base is mostly Democrat SJW types.

Right now, to have a really famous black pop-culture figure on our side is not a terrible thing.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
I do believe that kanye suffers from actual mental illness. I'm not sure we do want him on our side...guy is apt to do some crazy stuff.

Posts: 1957 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
...but he doesn't speak for me vis a vis President Trump any more than Roseanne Barr did.

Of course he is not speaking for you or me. But unlike Barr, what West is doing is shaking and poking a big sharp stick at his very own fan base, the young high school/college kids who purchase his shit. It's not too difficult to surmise that his fan base is mostly Democrat SJW types.

Right now, to have a really famous black pop-culture figure on our side is not a terrible thing.

For sure.

I'm not sure what his motivations about this are, but it's a net-positive so far.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Go
Full Retard
Picture of MitchbSC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bdylan:
I do believe that kanye suffers from actual mental illness. I'm not sure we do want him on our side...guy is apt to do some crazy stuff.

They said the same thing about Trump. Big Grin

I'll tolerate a bit of silliness from someone crazy enough to stand up against the Demoncrap party's plantation politics.

They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Posts: 4797 | Location: SC | Registered: January 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Do you think Kanye’s motivations to be vocal now are driven by his ego and a need to have the spot light? Why is he doing it? Why now? Sure he has done stuff like this in the past but it’s damn interesting to see how liberals react now that he isn’t bashing Bush.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21075 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
If he sways even a few votes, I'm all for him!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38599 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Blame Trump for it.

Seriously. If it were not for the man DJT, people like Kanye would not be stirred up.

DJT has stirred up the pot. Everything in it is in motion, and the crap on the bottom gets dredged up in the process.

The result, is that some move further to the side they are on, and others are moved from one side to the other.

Say all you want, positive or negative, but DJT is anything but stagnating.

And, it is exhilarating a ride as any I have ever experienced.

And as much as I hate the polarized Black v White BS that has devolved in my lifetime, Kanye has the ear of a great number of young people, and even if he flips like a fish on the dock, if he causes waves along the way, they continue.

I do not have to like him, to like his effect.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:

Being odd, egomaniacal, and obnoxious is not mental illness. Come on.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
People can change. In the SCOTUS thread it was just pointed out that Lindsey Graham seems to have changed under the Trump presidency, so why not Kanye too? Maybe dude took a long look at the hatred for President Trump and realized that it is misguided. If anyone has an all access pass to the epicenter of the hatred for the President, Kanye certainly does. You think about what circles he runs in and where he lives and you know he has heard pretty much nothing but hate talk towards conservatives for his entire adult life. Maybe he finally figured out that it is all bullshit.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:

Being odd, egomaniacal, and obnoxious is not mental illness. Come on.

Last night, out of morbid curiosity, I flipped through a huge megathread about this very topic in one of the big hip-hop forums. The general consensus seems to be that:

a) he's a well known attention whore and provocateur, so some of it's 'normal Kanye'.

b) shitloads of his die hard fans think he's untreated Bi-Polar/Manic, and that his symptoms are showing a lot lately in a myriad of interviews and performances like SNL. Apparently he's spoken on the subject of Bi-Polar stuff before, it's not a new or Trump only thing, and he's come out against taking meds for that stuff, and that some of the people close to him have been trying to get him to get help. And that lately his speech and such is erratic, even to those who love him. These fans posted many video snippets to support their claims.

That and $5 will get you an over-roasted shitty coffee from Starbucks...

But I think they're correct. I've seen enough interviews with him over the years to see that sometimes he seems normal and healthy (however provocative) and other times he seems like he's having a Manic episode of sorts. It's not rocket surgery to see something is off...

Now, it's probably also true that there's something about Trump he actually likes.

He's definitely catching a lot of shit about it all, in any case.

Snoop Dogg called him an Uncle Tom on Twitter in the last few days. Smile

And ultimately, if even one extra person supports Trump because of this it's a Net-Positive.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
I give the guy credit, because those were some nasty things said by snoop dog. At first I was confused, but now I think he really does support the President. That is against the backdrop of his wife and her whole entourage. I give the guy credit. He sees a President who has created jobs for the black community. He and the President are something of an odd couple, but I think the President is wise to show him respect.

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
He's a little off-balance for sure, but he is intelligent and apparently comes by it naturally. I understand his mother had a PhD.

Posts: 8603 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Well, today West had lunch with Trump and Jim Brown.

They had a presser before lunch and West did not disappoint.

While this photo was taken, West says "I love this guy right here"

In the presser, he defends the 2A. He also says more blacks are killed by their kind than police officers. He spoke about how liberals control blacks with the concept of racism. He also criticized the media, an entity that is slamming him hard. The Don Lemon hit piece is a prime example.

He is perhaps the first guy at a WH presser to use the word "motherfucker" Big Grin

All extremely interesting, certainly perfect timing for the midterms. Along with Candace Owens, West is focusing the light on the left and their relationship with Black America.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post