SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Continuing Adventures of Kanye West- Last Night on SNL
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Continuing Adventures of Kanye West- Last Night on SNL Login/Join 
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted
My son called me today to tell me about this.

To be honest, I really don't know what to make of this guy; all I know is that the guy is extremely popular in today's modern entertainment world. But on SNL last night, he came on stage with a MAGA hat and started to go on a rant about his support of Trump, and how Dems were keeping blacks down, but eventually cut off by SNL due to time constraints. https://variety.com/2018/music...ght-live-1202962444/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0LLdFse12U

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
What he said about welfare taking the black father out of the household is absolutely true.

People don't like the ugly truth but what they don't like even more than that is anything with President Trump. If the President said he found a cure for AIDS and cancer, people would find something to complain about.

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fuck him, the horse he rode in on, and every peep out of that cock-holster.

He should be shot for wearing that hat. Bringing disgrace to our President.

He has the audacity to wear that hat and that sweatshirt at the same time? That piece of shit ain't wearing a shirt about vacuum cleaners...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larry_Hoover

Fuck him, that fat whore he further pollutes the gene pool with, her family, and prince Larry too.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8320 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Kanye has always been a provacteur of sorts. For once, I approve of the pot stirring.

Gets their panties in a bunch when a famous black man strays off the liberal thought plantation. Suck it snowflakes.

Posts: 3128 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post

This is the part that got cut off

Watch as the cast members scurry off the stage Big Grin

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He ain't wrong, however he's also a few sandos short of a picnic.

Everyone I know who follows the music and/or fashion world sees him as this odd-duck, with a manufactured, weird 'crazy-artist' attitude who has to appear strained because he has such trouble expressing himself. Roll Eyes

Posts: 14571 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
We can use him on our side...

To clear minefields.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4611 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
I do not understand what is going on with Kanye, but it reminds me of Luke 9:50:

50 And Jesus said unto him, Forbid him not: for he that is not against us is for us.

I think of that and figure it best for me to leave it alone.

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I can't figure him out, but he isn't against us, as deepocean says.

He is an odd fellow.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
No doubt he is confusing.
After the moronic "Bush hates black people" statement with Mike Meyers standing next to him and then the polar opposite at Katrina.
Seems now he is doing his own thinking which is commendable not only for the view but the independence.
Agree it is bizarre.

Posts: 22857 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
You can't figure him out because he's inarticulate (yes, you heard me. He's inarticulate, no matter how many Goddamned records he makes) and he can't stay with a coherent thought for more than a second or two. He rarely completes his thought and I am certain that in his head, everything he's saying is coherent and makes sense, but the reality is that his communicationn skills are crap.
His musical talent is not an indication of genius. It's just a quirk, that's all.

And yes, he's an ally and he needs to be treated as such.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He's an egotistical, arrogant, lunatic. But any nutcase who is disrupting liberal "groupthink" has to be beneficial.

"Crom is strong! If I die, I have to go before him, and he will ask me, 'What is the riddle of steel?' If I don't know it, he will cast me out of Valhalla and laugh at me."

Posts: 6641 | Registered: September 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:

He is an odd fellow.

The immediate reaction would be "attention whore, black rap guy, wants to sell more of his product", which is not the best strategy of increasing your young urban music fan base by aligning with Trump and blaming Democrats for the problems of black America. Catch 22- is he crazy for his current views or would he be nuts parroting insane leftist talking points?

I did not watch SNL, but I find it amusing that this happened on their show. And I'm sure they somehow slammed Kavanaugh and the hearings earlier, making the timing of this funny. I'll bet Lorne Michaels shit in his pants that night.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I think it's difficult to overestimate the impact of a prominent A-list celebrity "breaking the color bar" as they used to say. In this case with a red hat. He's the Jackie Robinson of Hollywood.

Posts: 18016 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Kanye is a professional provocateur on a whole different level. The man has a keen ability to infuriate people. I do find it interesting he gets cut off when praising Trump but didn’t get cut off when he bashed Bush. Hmmm

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21074 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
He also said something about the 13th Amendment and the Left is going crazy on him today, now they are trying to insinuate he's mental or something.

Isn't that how the Soviets dealt with their enemies of the state? Just declare them insane?

Posts: 33601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10696 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
I think it's difficult to overestimate the impact of a prominent A-list celebrity "breaking the color bar" as they used to say. In this case with a red hat. He's the Jackie Robinson of Hollywood.

Yeah, if anything he's breaking Hollywood's group think that says, "You have to agree with us."

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19582 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

OK, maybe this blind squirrel has found a few nuts, but he doesn't speak for me vis a vis President Trump any more than Roseanne Barr did.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post