SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Nexen Tires... Opinions
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nexen Tires... Opinions Login/Join 
posted
I need a CHEAP set of tires for a basically worn out vehicle. Found Nexen All Seasons for $200 for the set. Anybody have any experience or opinions on the brand? Next Closest is Hankook at about $300.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2734 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wolfe - I have put Nexen tires on my two sons cars and my Honda Accord for 10+ years and have never had an issue. One of my sons ran a set of the Nexen high preformance tires on his Eclipse and they only lasted 22,000 miles. Mark

Posts: 3245 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
I've sold quite a few Nexens and have never had any issues.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
I've bought two sets of Nexen Tires for Acura TLs I've had... and I've had good luck with them for what I paid.

More recently, I have found Hankook to be a great value.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24058 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Had them on a Hyundai Tucson. Ran them for about 60k miles without any issues. Driving was a combination of weather and roads. Bought it in Oklahoma and drove it from there to Chicago to Philadelphia to El Paso to Los Angeles and back.

Posts: 13092 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
A set of Nexen came on our new 2017 Chrysler Pacifica when we bought it over a year ago. Ride and handling seems good, but we only have 7400 miles on it so far, so I can't comment on longevity.

Posts: 13678 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
Nexen tires came on my Toyota Avalon and 4Runner, I had no issues with them.

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post