SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Las Vegas professor shoots himself in arm and *claims* it was to protest President Trump
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Las Vegas professor shoots himself in arm and *claims* it was to protest President Trump Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LDD:
Protest? Or a hastily-constructed cover for a negligent discharge?

Kind of a strange "protest" to conduct alone, in the bathroom. Story even says none of the witnesses intially knew he was carrying a gun.

Much more likely that this was a negligent discharge on top of illegally carrying a firearm in a restricted area. How to cover for oneself under such dubious circumstances: blame Trump, of course.

Agree.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8854 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
TDS at its best.

Posts: 507 | Registered: February 14, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
He teaches sociology. That explains a great deal.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Wait a sec.

He was not scheduled to teach any classes this semester.

He's still on the payroll.

WTF does he do? How do they justify his pay?

How many professors are on the payroll and don't teach?

Probably more then we know.

Time to drain the swamp at the local level.

Posts: 11812 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
we need to get him some range time

he missed his head

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Guess we can say he was triggered. Big Grin

Posts: 3580 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
You guys are harsh. Poor guy. Someone needs to show him some solidarity, by shooting him in the other arm.

Posts: 7319 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I pulled out my "Liberal Anti2A Bingo Card" and got an instant Blackout Bingo!

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
His aim was off--he should have tried center mass. A bigger gun would have also been good.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
quote:
Originally posted by LDD:
Protest? Or a hastily-constructed cover for a negligent discharge?

Kind of a strange "protest" to conduct alone, in the bathroom. Story even says none of the witnesses intially knew he was carrying a gun.

Much more likely that this was a negligent discharge on top of illegally carrying a firearm in a restricted area. How to cover for oneself under such dubious circumstances: blame Trump, of course.

Agree.

Dumbass.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5540 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hopefully his health insurance doesn't cover his ER visit - intentionally inflicted harm and all that.

Posts: 581 | Registered: September 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:

He's still on the payroll.

WTF does he do?

Research.

quote:
How do they justify his pay?
Same answer.

quote:
How many professors are on the payroll and don't teach?

A lot.

quote:
Originally posted by Icabod:
He teaches sociology. That explains a great deal.

I long for the day that I get to meet a conservative sociology professor. Having been involved (off and on) with higher education as a student and associate professor for better than three decades, I have yet to meet one. Perhaps one day....

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sr_Bull:
No balls. Professor needs to move up to the big leagues:

I do not think that meme means what you think it means.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
I long for the day that I get to meet a conservative sociology professor. Having been involved (off and on) with higher education as a student and associate professor for better than three decades, I have yet to meet one. Perhaps one day....

I knew several at the university I attended, although Criminal Justice (mostly conservative) was a subset of the Sociology department (mostly liberal) at this school, so maybe that's cheating...

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
I do not think that meme means what you think it means.

You are correct! I was looking for a different one, and mistakenly posted that one.

The one I was thinking of referenced TDS:

Posts: 486 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: September 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Twist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
Shit, he missed

He was aiming for the brain. Total testament for today's education system.

Posts: 1931 | Location: NOT Houston, Tx (Thank God), but in the area. | Registered: May 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
quote:
be allowed to vote 3 extra times in the next election,

Only if he'd actually died.

Posts: 10729 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
My vote is that he planed a suicide but chickened out and settled for self harm.

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
What a loser. A modern man would have shot himself in the vagina.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
What a loser. A modern man would have shot himself in the vagina.

Front hole. Wink

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post