SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Las Vegas professor shoots himself in arm and *claims* it was to protest President Trump
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Las Vegas professor shoots himself in arm and *claims* it was to protest President Trump Login/Join 
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
What a loser. A modern man would have shot himself in the vagina.

Front hole. Wink

New hole. Razz

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 2003 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
The more I think about this the more I'm leaning towards a suicide attempt gone wrong. I'll guess he had his finger on the trigger, had it pointed at his opposite arm as he began raising it to his head and shot himself prematurely. Then he panicked and the rest is history.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37950 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Protest? Or a hastily-constructed cover for a negligent discharge?

Kind of a strange "protest" to conduct alone, in the bathroom. Story even says none of the witnesses intially knew he was carrying a gun.

My guess it was a failed suicide attempt, which was then covered by stating it was a protest. He did not sound like an experienced gun owner.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted Hide Post
Dropped it in the sink while admiring his draw technic .....
Funny he couldn't walk after being shot in the arm. Left gun on restroom floor.. Wth ?

Posts: 1002 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I long for the day that I get to meet a conservative sociology professor. Having been involved (off and on) with higher education as a student and associate professor for better than three decades, I have yet to meet one. Perhaps one day....
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I had one in college. He used to be a warden in a prison before he became a professor. He would tell us stories of the grossest stuff imaginable that happened in the prisons. He went on at length about a guy who attempted to cut off his penis with the top of a soup can and bled to death. He had a way of describing stuff that could make you nauseated. Very conservative in his beliefs, and knowledgeable about the mob. He died a couple of years later by literally drinking himself to death.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post