New
Find
Notify
Tools
CBD oil Login/Join 
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I always liked them, and diggin' Barefoot Jerry.

Cuz you can't get off with your shoes on.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43864 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Report This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LBTRS:
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
I just bought it on amazon for $20...

Did you buy CBD Oil or Hemp Oil? What I seen on amazon didn't have CBD and was just hemp oil.

The reviews are good for what it says it should do. I haven’t run it through the review checker site though. I understand the difference, but want to see for myself.

We shall see.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Report This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Just wanted to update. The stuff from amazon arrived and I’ve used it the past two nights.

I’ve had sleep issues my whole life...I can only sleep if I’m absolutely exhausted. My mind just doesn’t stop.

This stuff, even though Hemp based, gave me some real nice sleep the last two nights I’ve tried it.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Report This Post
Better Than I Deserve!
Picture of LBTRS
posted Hide Post
which one did you get? I see lots of "hemp oil" products.

Posts: 4986 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: September 23, 2005Report This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
This stuff, even though Hemp based

Appreciate the update. Care to provide a link?

Posts: 17110 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Report This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
I got this one:

Hemp Oil for Pain & Anxiety Relief - 250mg Full Spectrum Organic Hemp Drops - Natural Hemp Oils for Better Sleep, Mood & Stress - Pure Hemp Extract - Zero THC CBD Cannabidiol - Mint Flavor https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07D...cp_apu_qOzyBb9F69834

Member!
posted Hide Post
I just bought a sample pack (pills, tincture, lotion) from here: https://www.lazarusnaturals.com/ Supposedly real CBD oil, not just Hemp seed. We'll see. I bought it here because they offer a 40% discount for vets.

Why? Because of all the damn things to become allergic to, I became allergic to NSAID's. For years i ate Ibuprofen and Aspirin's like candy to control the aches and pains from heavy weightlifting. Six months ago, face swole up like a balloon and throat constricted at work after taking some Ibuprofen. Luckily, there's a med center at work and they gave me a shot of benidryl to get it under control, but the doctor said no more NSAID's :-(.

Well guess what, Tylenol, the only other common non-NSAID pain reliever, doesn't do crap for me (at least compared to Ibuprofen).. Figured I'd try the CBD oil. As a skeptic it ought to be an interesting experiment on workout-induced muscle pain management and whether it does anything for me in terms of pain relief (the sole focus of why I'm trying it).

FYI: I'm over 50 and benching 300+ (double my body weight). I get some pretty severe exercise aches and pains that only get worse as I get older.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Xer0,

Posts: 4343 | Location: Boise, ID USA | Registered: February 14, 2003Report This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by robbyfine:
I am considering going on Medical Cannabis. Mainly to deal with depression and anxiety, I have also read here on Medical Cannabis website that it has an antipsychotic effect as well which could be benefitial for me. I am terribly sensitive to anti-anxiety meds, so I hope CBD oil will work fine for me

It's my understanding MJ will produce the opposite effect to what you're looking for. MJ apparently increases cortisol, look into the effects that will have on raising anxiety. There are ways to deal with elevated cortisol, vitamin C I've heard.

Oh yeah, I'm definitely not a doctor but using MJ to treat anxiety is not recommended. Isolated CDB oil, I don't know but I don't think you have to go there.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8328 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Report This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
quote:
Originally posted by robbyfine:
I am considering going on Medical Cannabis. Mainly to deal with depression and anxiety, I have also read here on Medical Cannabis website that it has an antipsychotic effect as well which could be benefitial for me. I am terribly sensitive to anti-anxiety meds, so I hope CBD oil will work fine for me

It's my understanding MJ will produce the opposite effect to what you're looking for. MJ apparently increases cortisol, look into the effects that will have on raising anxiety. There are ways to deal with elevated cortisol, vitamin C I've heard.

Oh yeah, I'm definitely not a doctor but using MJ to treat anxiety is not recommended. Isolated CDB oil, I don't know but I don't think you have to go there.

Please do a minimum amount of research before posting.

There's a ton of different strains that do lotsa of different things.

MJ is to the point that there's strains to help anxiety, or arthritis, or crohns, etc...a specific strain of Medical Marijuana is prescribed to fit the symptoms presented.

Weed isn't just weed. Back in the old days, sure...but now things are different.

Here's just a few

Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
CBD oil is legal in Kentucky. I've been using it for about a month and it helps with pain from damaged rotator cuffs in both shoulders and moderate arthritis. I seldom take ibuprofen anymore. The link is what I use and where I get mine.

http://www.greenremedy.com/pro...-500mg-1oz-bottle-2/

Posts: 4693 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Report This Post
Picture of valkyrie1
posted Hide Post
I go to two health orientated pet supply stores and both sell CBD to pets with satisfied claims that the pets seem to do better and especially on the 4th of July when the pets are stressed from fireworks. My dog does not need it now but I will try it the next 4th of July...

Posts: 2306 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Report This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
quote:

Please do a minimum amount of research before posting.

There's a ton of different strains that do lotsa of different things.

MJ is to the point that there's strains to help anxiety, or arthritis, or crohns, etc...a specific strain of Medical Marijuana is prescribed to fit the symptoms presented.

Weed isn't just weed. Back in the old days, sure...but now things are different.

Here's just a few

http://mmjdoctor.com/wp-conten...-strains-in-2017.jpg
There are a lot of claims about different strains of marijuana, but the data isn't there. Controlled dosing isn't there. It's simply people making claims, no real data to support it, with no way to control dosing, and giving people a free pass to get high under the guise of "medicine."

If you need THC for a real medical condition, such as nausea or appetite, it's been available, by prescription for decades, in all 50 states. It's brand name is Marinol, and the generic name is dronabinol. The is actual controlled studies, regarding safety and efficacy for that drug, including safe and effective dosing. Things not available for your "purple kush" and "sensei star" shown above.

Even if there were data that supported the snake oil claims, smoking is not a method for reliable dosing of drugs, but one of the most common ways to consume "medical" ( Roll Eyes ) marijuana. Even with edibles, there is no dosing control, with the way the "industry" conducts business now.

If you want to be taken seriously on the topic of medicine, you need to present serious information, not wild snake oil sales claims about "green crack," "maui waui," "durban poison," and the other "strains" of marijuana.

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Report This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
There is dosing control. They know how much THC is in the edibles and everything else...it says it right on the packaging. Why would a doctor prescribe random amounts of anything to a patient??

There's plenty of data to support it.

I'm not going to do your homework for you, there's plenty of info online.

Seems like your biggest issue is with the silly names...maybe they should take a cue from big pharma and pull a bunch of letters out of a hat to give it more credibility in your eyes.

Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
quote:
There is dosing control. They know how much THC is in the edibles and everything else...it says it right on the packaging. Why would a doctor prescribe random amounts of anything to a patient??

I'm not going to do your homework for you, there's plenty of info online.

Seems like your biggest issue is with the silly names...maybe they should take a cue from big pharma and pull a bunch of letters out of a hat to give it more credibility in your eyes.

I'm not trying to dissuade anyone from using CBD oil, Hemp Oil, or even marijuana. If you've done your homework and decide that it works for you then great.

Marijuana is legal and readily available here. Through a family member I know a doctor who has been practicing medicine for many years and owns her own practice. Her position is that if one of her patients is using mariuana and comes to her for pain relief she calmly discusses the situation with them and offers them a choice. If they agree to discontinue marijuana use she will consider prescribing pain relief meds if that is the best course of action. However she requires that the patient be tested for marijuana use and if they ever pop positive while on her prescribed pain meds then she immediately pulls their pain med prescription.

Her policy is NOT based on any personal bias towards marijuana use. Instead, she says that in med school there was absolutely zero training in prescribing marijuana for medical use and little study of those using both marjuana and prescription meds. She practices medicine as she was trained and as her experience has led her and she simply feels unqualified to treat medical problems with marijuana or on patients who self-medicate with marijuana, as there is so little valid research and training in it's medical use.

I don't know what her position on CBD or Hemp oil use in patients is but will ask her the next time I see her.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Report This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:

Marketing ain't research.

If interested, look into MJ and elevated cortisol levels.

Posts: 8328 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Report This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
quote:

Marketing ain't research.

If interested, look into MJ and elevated cortisol levels.

No kidding. I used a random graphic to demonstrate strains.

Any study about weed and cortisol usually involves two groups and doses to find out about the increase of the stress hormone.

Too much cortisol may result in anxiety, paranoia and in the worst case, a panic attack. This is not news.

The doses are low and high. Low doses are therapeutic, whereas high is more than enough to get you high. The group taking the high amount had a slight increase in cortisol. Taking too much of anything is bad. Taking in too much THC will result in a terrible experience full of cortisol induced panic attacks (that go away).

The Doctor will start you at a minimal therapeutic dose. If you increase the dose and you feel some anxiety, now you went too far. Sometimes your effective dose is low enough that your symptoms are alleviated without even feeling high, for most people that's ideal.

My mother in law suffered from a painful condition for years. Meds and pain meds were not helping her. After throwing everything but the kitchen sink at the problem, she tried Medical Weed. She's all better now and she continues her job as the head of accounting at a large company...ON WEEEEEEEEED.

If you feel anxiety, take some CBD oil or eat some Cheetos and watch a movie.

Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:

No kidding. I used a random graphic to demonstrate strains.

Yeah, the graphic was perhaps not the best choice, your words offer more, that's for sure.

Bottom line we're talking CBD oil and that is truly interesting. Medical marijuana is obviously different and, anecdotal or clinical data notwithstanding, a whole other ball of wax or dabs or something.

Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
quote:
There is dosing control. They know how much THC is in the edibles and everything else...it says it right on the packaging.
Oh so the completely unregulated "industry" makes claims on their snake oil packages, so it must be true. Roll Eyes
quote:

Great, then you should be able to provide plenty of peer reviewed scientific studies from legitimate sources which back up that claim.
quote:
Seems like your biggest issue is with the silly names...
Nope, the silly names are just a symptom of the larger problem of an "industry" that has little to no safety or efficacy controls, and little to no legitimate research of medical benefits, other than the use of THC for nausea and appetite in HIV and cancer patients. However, that medicine has been legally available for decades.

For example, here is a good explanation of the safety concerns with the marijuana industry, and keep in mind that's from a "pro-weed" site:
http://www.thecannifornian.com...s-pesticide-problem/

You chose to bring the "medical" marijuana topic into a discussion of CBD oil. CBD (aka cannabidiol) can be found in marijuana, but is not psychoactive like THC (Tetrahydrocannabinol). THC is legally available for legitimate medical needs, and has been for decades, and those products have proper safety controls, dosing controls, and legitimate efficacy research.

While it's my opinion CBD should be studied further, and possibly developed into legitimate medicines, the "medical marijuana" industry has been, and still is, nothing more than "snake oil" and a cover for people who want to get high. CBD should be studied further, but THC has been properly studied and researched, and has been legally available throughout the US for decades. However, the "medical marijuana" people pretend that's not true to justify their desire to merely get high, and sell "snake oil."

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Report This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
I got this one:

Hemp Oil for Pain & Anxiety Relief - 250mg Full Spectrum Organic Hemp Drops - Natural Hemp Oils for Better Sleep, Mood & Stress - Pure Hemp Extract - Zero THC CBD Cannabidiol - Mint Flavor https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07D...cp_apu_qOzyBb9F69834

Mine arrives today. For sleep nothing works for me anymore except Xanax. Melatonin, Ambien, nothing works on my body. Sounds silly but I can’t wait to try this stuff tonight and see if it works.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12620 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Report This Post
Member!
posted Hide Post
Well I got my CBD stuff two days ago. I got it specifically to help with muscle pain from heavy weightlifting. I pushed my weightlifting routine extra hard (went from 285 max bench to 295, and 10 lbs is a LOT when your near max) the last two days to ensure I would be feeling it. I don't have any other issues that I expect or want the CBD oil to fix or cure and have never taken it before.

So the CBD oil seems to work. Been taking the 25mg caplets simply because they are easy to meter. What is normally a dull ache in my wrists and hands is not constantly bothering me. I can still feel the aches when I pay attention, but it's not a constant bother. The negative affect I am having is that I have a throbbing spiking headache. The kind where you touch the anywhere on the head like the hair or anything and you get a nice spike pain zap on a specific part of the head (in my case, right temple). Hopefully the headache goes away as I get used to the CBD oil, as the muscle/tendon/joint pain relief seems to be pretty profound (as in as good or better than Ibuprofen which I can no longer take since I became allergic to it). If the headache is caused by the CBD oil, then it'll be a no go for me long term. The headache pain zaps are worse than dull muscle aches, but I may simply be a bit dehydrated.

As to sleep, I slept fine (I always do), but had bad dreams. Hopefully, it was a one off coincidence. The good thing about having been weightlifting so many years is that I know the exact muscle/tendon/joint pains and levels I should be having for the intensity of my workouts and can track whether the CBD is actually doing anything, and not a mind fuck. It does appear to be working so far.

Posts: 4343 | Location: Boise, ID USA | Registered: February 14, 2003Report This Post