Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
CBD oil Login/Join 
posted
It is legal where I live,and I have read it may help with pain,insomnia and inflammation.

Has anyone here tried it?

Posts: 12681 | Registered: January 17, 2011Report This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
If you like owning your guns, asking about this on an internet forum might not be the best way to keep them.

Posts: 17124 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
CBD oil is free from THC. No high,no metabolites showing up in a drug test.It can be processed from hemp.It is effective in some children who have terrible seizures.Hemp can legally be grown in the United States.

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Look, I’m on your side. I simply don’t think you’re going to get a lot of replies in the affirmative and should probably just conduct your own private research locally for your best benefit. I don’t blame you for asking here, but given how that one particular agency loves to screw with gun owners, I wouldn’t want to even give them an excuse. You know?

If it’s legal, I guess try it and see if it works for you. If it doesn’t, can’t be any worse than buying a tube of capzaiscin muscle rub and finding out that it just burns the ever-loving shit out of that place you applied it to that already hurt. That last part, I might know something about. Eek

Posts: 17124 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
CBD oil is free from THC. No high,no metabolites showing up in a drug test.It can be processed from hemp.It is effective in some children who have terrible seizures.Hemp can legally be grown in the United States.

Thats not entirely true.There is no standard and trace amounts of THC can be present.

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!

Posts: 1365 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Do a little research online so you have a general idea of what’s what. Go down to your local shop and talk to the folks behind the counter. They ought to be able to give you some guidance as to dosage. You can get oil, lotion, edibles, etc. I have no personal experience but know folks who swear by it. Be smart, have fun, feel better.

Posts: 4278 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Report This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Yeah, it's good stuff. More of a marijuana fan though.

P220 Smudge is acting like you're planning the murder and cannibalism of a public official.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Report This Post
Master-at-Arms
Picture of apf383
posted Hide Post
quote:
P220 Smudge is acting like you're planning the murder and cannibalism of a public official.

Personally, I would be even more tolerant of that.

Foster's, Australian for Bud

Posts: 7507 | Location: Stuck in NY, FUAC  | Registered: November 22, 2005Report This Post
Grab SKS,
go innawoods
Picture of mrmoneybags
posted Hide Post
I can't speak to personal use, but I use it on my dog. Around 5 years old he started acting really weird. Very anxious, crawling into very tight spaces, not obeying usual commands, etc. He was also starting to have seizures, not foaming at the mouth or anything, but more like he just had some wires crossed & would totally lose muscle control for a few minutes. Couldn't walk or stand up, shaking uncontrollably, etc.

I took him to the vet and they did a blood panel that didn't show anything. They told me once you put a dog on anti-seizure medication, they have to take it for life, so they don't like to prescribe it until there's a significant documented history of seizures.

A friend suggested CBD oil, and since it doesn't have any real side effects, I decided to try it. I got some of those self-fill capsules and give him one pill a night in a big peanut butter glob on top of his food. The seizures haven't happened since I started it over a year ago, and the behavior issues have disappeared too. He acts exactly like he used to, very full of life. If I don't give it to him for a few days, the behavior issues come back and I find him crammed up under the bed or in the back of a closet.

So again, for human use, I can't really say. But on a dog who cannot "fake" symptoms or healing, it has really had an extraordinary effect on his anxiety level & seizures.

Posts: 1913 | Location: 42003 | Registered: November 03, 2011Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Sounds like witchcraft

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I can't speak to the oil but my significant other has lupus which presents itself as severe inflammation and joint pain. She is partially disabled and doesn't work. MJ is legal here so we track down the strains with the highest levels of CBD and lowest levels of THC. She does not like the high. She ingests it via vaporizer.

The high CBD strains have gotten her through some of the worst bouts of pain she has ever experienced and it also helps her sleep. She only uses it when there is pain. Not recreational.

Her only other option would be massive amounts of ibuprofen or prescription opiates. But because of the CBD we have been able to avoid that. I am grateful for that as long term use of those meds can be problematic

That is my personal experience with it. Hope it helps. Because of my job I do not use. So this is as close as I can get to experience.

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
Legal in Kentucky and very effective in relieving arthritis pain.

Posts: 4697 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought it was legal in all 50 states since it has less than .5 of THC?

You can buy it anywhere so how would a gun confiscater even know if you take it. It’s not like medical marijuana where you get put in the system.

Posts: 3918 | Registered: January 25, 2013Report This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:

LOL Big Grin

The meme was probably a bit much, but it was an attempt at humor. The rest of it, I honestly stand by. I don't think coming onto a gun forum and asking about CBD is going to garner many useful or forthright replies from anyone who's seen benefit, at least not while there's still a very specific question about the source of it on the 4473. I still suggest the OP do his own local research and quietly determine if it's a solution for him or not. Some here have indeed replied in the affirmative that it has helped people close to them, but that's about as much as anyone seems to want to admit to besides yourself. I guess we'll see how the thread plays out.

quote:
Originally posted by 1s1k:
I thought it was legal in all 50 states since it has less than .5 of THC?

I'm not debating you one way or the other, but if you have a source on this, I would love to see it and get educated. Also .5 what of THC? Percentage? Milligrams, micrograms, what?

quote:
You can buy it anywhere so how would a gun confiscater even know if you take it.

If you post about it on the internet. Just like the folks who unwittingly post pics of their Glock wearing a Magpul VFG on an internet forum and then get a knock on the door. We have our own resident ATF agent who has responded to a thread or two where such things got posted over the years I've been here.

quote:
It’s not like medical marijuana where you get put in the system.

Depends on the state. Some have a registry, some don't. In some states, you only need a doctor's recommendation and there's no paper trail besides what the doctor keeps on file. I'm assuming we've all seen the news articles about CWP/CCL/CPL holders who've had their permit revoked once the locals decided to cross-reference the two in states that do keep a registry. I'm still operating under the understanding that CBD oil, derived from marijuana, is still considered a controlled substance and can interfere with your 2A rights if you get caught with it, or using it. If this understanding is incorrect, I will be absolutely happy to be proven wrong. Really. I've got a shoulder and knee that would benefit from a topical that does more than distract, but for now, it is what it is.

It may not be soon, but for some time now, I've been thinking the next big gun grab is going to be going after gun owners who have turned to MMJ or CBD, or whatever the hell you want to categorize it as, but cannabis-derived anything. Because that one's already on the books and would only need to be enforced to snare a whole bunch of decent folk.

We joke about tragic boating accidents for the exact same reason. Just urging discretion and caution is all.

posted Hide Post
In Tennessee you can buy CBD oil over the counter.No prescription, no paper trail no doctor referral as it should be. It has no THC, you can not catch a buzz with it and as I stated before it can be made with hemp which is legal to grow in the US.

It is expensive for some reason,hence my questions about real world results.

Banned
posted Hide Post
https://www.buycbdoilonline.com/

This is my brother's business. His patients swear by it. I personally have no need, but I believe CBD oil does effectively help in managing pain.

Posts: 5906 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: September 16, 2004Report This Post
Republican in training
Picture of DonDraper
posted Hide Post
You can buy it at the local hipster grocery here in SC. There's definitely no THC in it. You can get it in a handy disposable vape pen.

--------------------
I like Sigs and HK's, and maybe Glocks

Posts: 2268 | Location: SC | Registered: March 16, 2011Report This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
CBD oil is the duct tape of the pharmaceutical world. It really does fix everything.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Report This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
try it out, you'll be fine.

Paddle your
own canoe
Picture of BigWhup
posted Hide Post
I know a guy with bad knees and he uses the pain relief cream. Good stuff works well.

The oil seems to help in general taking it orally, but hard to describe a benefit exactly. At least so this "guy" Big Grin says.

Posts: 1553 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: August 06, 2009Report This Post