SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Academy Sports: Aimpoint Pro - $351 shipped
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Academy Sports: Aimpoint Pro - $351 shipped Login/Join 
Picture of lkdr1989
posted
Currently, Academy has the Aimpoint Pro for $351 shipped after using PROMO Code:

CC201820PCT

https://www.academy.com/shop/p...epChildCatid=1478892

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Is the Aimpoint Pro a good optic for a rifle with an existing front sight?
Seems like a pretty good price.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24073 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^ In my experience, yes. The lazy man's way is to simply put the red dot over the top of the post or right above it.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:

Yes, amazing sight. I have mine co witnessed with stock iron sights on my SIG556.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7070 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Also 1.5% cash back at Academy through Ebates.

"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

If you want peace, prepare for war.

Posts: 309 | Location: Clackamas, OR | Registered: January 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The red dot itself is much better on this Trijicon than on my Aimpoint Mini.

-c1steve

Posts: 4052 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yep. Here's one of my ARs, with a Pro and a fixed front sight base:

quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
The lazy man's way is to simply put the red dot over the top of the post or right above it.

You don't need to bother aligning the dot with the front sight post. You basically just ignore the front sight, focus on the target, and overlay the dot on the target.

The front sight only serves as a backup, for use with a backup rear sight if the optic fails. (Unlikely, with an Aimpoint.)

Or even without a backup rear sight, you can use the tube of the red dot optic as a giant "ghost ring" to get rough hits on closer target if the dot were to fail.

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:

Yep. Here's one of my ARs, with a Pro and a fixed front sight base:
Where's the bayonet lug and chainsaw mount? Wink

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Don't need a bayonet lug or chainsaw mount.

But I do need a sling, light, optic, and backup sights.

All my serious defensive long guns have those four accessories.

I hardly think that's excessive.

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
Darn, $437.99 now.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10489 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2Adefender:
Darn, $437.99 now.

2Adefender, you have to apply the promo code to get the reduced price.

CC201820PCT

Just checked it and it’s still good.

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2103 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:

They work just fine with front sights. If you are using the dot, your brain just tunes out the front sight.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the heads-up. Didn’t want to have to wait until Black Friday timeframe for good pricing to come around again.

Placed my order.

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mr. Waffles
Picture of cherokee2u
posted Hide Post
$375 for me. Local store so I have to pay tax Confused

Still a nice price

A shepherd must tend his flock....and at times fight off the wolves

Posts: 2988 | Location: Carolina | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks! These are great sights. Haven't seen this sort of deal in a while.

...that I will support
and defend...

Posts: 872 | Location: Northern VA | Registered: July 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cherokee2u:
$375 for me. Local store so I have to pay tax Confused

Still a nice price
$379.30 as I'm a Texas resident. It's still better priced than Amazon or Primary Arms, and PSA is out of stock.

I own two, and bought them from Amazon and PSA.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23221 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
That code will get you 20% off anything on their website, including firearms. Wink

Even with $10 shipping to the store, I still picked up a Gen5 Glock 19 for $100 less than anywhere around.

Posts: 12541 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I let a buddy new to the red dot sighting systems shoot with my Aimpoint Pro last weekend.

He wants one now.

I will let him know about this deal.
Thanks for the heads up !

Posts: 779 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
But I do need a sling, light, optic, and backup sights.

All my serious defensive long guns have those four accessories.

Yup !

Mine also.

Posts: 779 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snake207:
That code will get you 20% off anything on their website, including firearms. Wink

Even with $10 shipping to the store, I still picked up a Gen5 Glock 19 for $100 less than anywhere around.
It even applies to $2148 over/under shotguns. Must resist temptation...

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23221 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post