SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Outpatient hernia surgery today.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Outpatient hernia surgery today. Login/Join 
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
I remember when the doc told me I have a hernia. Naturally, I said, "No I don't". It is the kind in the middle of your gut, the opening?

Hope I never have to get an operation! What was the trigger?

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had mine probably about 3 years. But recently had to fly from Ft walton, FL to Salt lake city. Plane was late coming into Dallas Ft Worth and had to hurry to make connections. Got worse on return flight. It was staying out with pain going down the leg. So I am hoping this ride is worth the pain. Sore and tender to day. But not that bad.

Posts: 547 | Location: Dothan, Alabama | Registered: August 27, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
I had a large one repaired. It was right at my waistline kind of to the side. It was tough big for laparoscopic so it was a large open incision. Amazingly, it was a rather painless recovery.

The one issue I had was I went to bed with 2 pecans, I woke up with 2 grapefruits.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
Mine was of the larger variety as well. I must have had the same hot nurse that patw mentioned. She was beautiful. But when it came to de'cath'ing me, she just reached up and grasped my junk full with her hands, and slid the catheter out. I haven't been touched that same way by a beautiful woman since!

Walking will help, and is the key to a swift recovery. Just as long as you get your pooper and your naughty bits to poop and piss. If not, do not walk back to the hospital, run back pronto!

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nojoy
posted Hide Post
Whatever you do, don't laugh or cry for a week. Wink

Posts: 1292 | Location: Marysville, WA 98271 | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nojoy:
Whatever you do, don't laugh or cry for a week. Wink
. . . or sneeze.

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hope things are going well and you are comfortable and have a speedy recovery.

I had an inguinal hernia operated on in the Spring of 2009.

For some reason I had a long long long recovery.
It has only been the last couple of years that I didn't have any lingering effects.

My father had a double hernia surgery last year and he was fine after his recovery period.

When the doctor told me lifting a gallon of milk would feel like lifting a ton of bricks I did not believe him. Man, was he right.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks everybody for your responses. I am walking quite a bit. But man you are so right. DON'T SNEEZE .

Posts: 547 | Location: Dothan, Alabama | Registered: August 27, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post