SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Had a couple of facepalm moments this weekend...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Had a couple of facepalm moments this weekend... Login/Join 
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted
Fist instance was at the Tualatin Cabela's gun room where they have the exotic guns. This tall guy with a beard had some old hippie woman with him and they were looking at different guns. He hands her an AR-10 and she says "This makes me think of school shootings. You don't need something like this to kill a deer."

Later they were looking at high end 1911's and she said "What would you need something like that for?" The bearded man replied "Well, to shoot people..."

The second instance was at Target last night. I was shopping and this tall thin man in his 20's was shopping with his mother. He was wearing body armor ON THE OUTSIDE OF HIS SHIRT! His shirt was an INFOWARS Polo shirt. This was in Hillsboro, OR; not Detroit, MI.

I'm no expert on body armor but it was some desert tan MOLLE tactical vest with side neck guards. Kind of like this one but without the front neck guard.

Common sense isn't so common these days.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5397 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
He was at TARGET after all, so....

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
He probably didn't even have plates in it.

Too heavy.

Lol.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Why are there MOLLE loops on the neck guard?

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16398 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
The last time I went to the range with my neighbor, a guy in his early 20’s with unkempt, greasy hair appeared at the lane next to us. He had on the same thing, but in OD green and an external pistol holster attached to it. The holster was black. He was cranking off rounds as fast as he could. We left.

Posts: 17125 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by comet24:

So you can attach a tactical beer holder with tactical crazy straw.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by benny6:

Later they were looking at high end 1911's and she said "What would you need something like that for?" The bearded man replied "Well, to shoot people..."

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
"Later they were looking at high end 1911's and she said "What would you need something like that for?" The bearded man replied "Well, to shoot people..."

Should have replied; "...to be clear, to shoot old dirty hippies..."

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43881 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
quote:
"This makes me think of school shootings. You don't need something like this to kill a deer."

Show me again the part in the Constitution about killing deer.

quote:
Later they were looking at high end 1911's and she said "What would you need something like that for?"

It's not called the Bill of Needs, bitch.

These replies solidly limit responses.

Posts: 10749 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, at least you saw no one in a tactical kilt.

Posts: 17144 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by comet24:

It’s where you attach your bib to keep the taco sauce off your body armor.

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bionic218:
quote:
"This makes me think of school shootings. You don't need something like this to kill a deer."

Show me again the part in the Constitution about killing deer.

quote:
Later they were looking at high end 1911's and she said "What would you need something like that for?"

It's not called the Bill of Needs, bitch.

These replies solidly limit responses.

Well, there's more to the story. I did engage in their conversation. I asked if I could help them find something and why they were there because there was some obvious shock value to her reactions (I actually used that terminology when talking to her). I guess they were there to find a handgun for bearded man to take in the back-woods when backpacking.

He said she's an old hippie and she said guns scare her. I said people who are afraid of guns are people who have never been around them and don't know anything about them. I explained that my son is nine and we shoot all the time and he's already shooting an AR-15 responsibly.

I actually did say something along those lines. I specifically said to her "It's The Bill of Rights, not The Bill of Needs. Nobody needs a sports car, but we have the right to buy one."

At one point, the bearded guy picked up a SOCOM-16 and handed it to her and she started to point it at me (not in a malicious manner, just an ignorant manner) and I grabbed the muzzle and pointed it up and said "And we don't point guns at people, even in the store."

At that point, bearded man grabbed her and said "Let's go over there..." meaning outside the room and across the store and away from me. An employee had begun to approach us to intervene, I suppose. There was no rudeness, but there was awkwardness and the fact that she started pointing guns at people was enough to get attention.

I decided it was time for me to leave the store.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5397 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
quote:

At one point, the bearded guy picked up a SOCOM-16

Tony.

And you said "Boy, do you have ANY idea who I am? I'm practically the president of that rifle. Now lean forward and choke yourself!" Big Grin

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/

Posts: 6966 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
Tacti-cool, people always liked attention.

Posts: 5302 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
I decided it was time for me to leave the store.

Sweet baby Jesus. Yes. Eek Eek

Posts: 17125 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
I think a vest like that would be handy at one of the ranges out here, along with a helmet and ballistic visor.

Posts: 9963 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post