SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    So it has been one month with the minivan...here are my thoughts
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So it has been one month with the minivan...here are my thoughts Login/Join 
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12415 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:

Damn funny there^^^^

Songs like "Your Welcome" and "Shiny" will haunt me for years.

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Black92 has been a better sport about all this than many might have. Heck, just look at his CUT,

Posts: 12415 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Have you drifted it yet?

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29695 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Black92 has been a better sport about all this than many might have. Heck, just look at his CUT,

A sacrafice I am willing to make for my family. I'll admit when I am carting the boys around and putting them in and out of car seats I am so very happy to be rocking the minivan. Just me not so much. I have a truck I borrowed for the summer when it is just me and plan to buy one next year. Boys want to cruise in it but it is such a pain to load them in and out of but of the back so they ride in it every once in awhile.

I was out in the van alone the other day and had the windows down crushing some Five Finger Death Punch and a buddy pulled along side of me and was cracking up.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25420 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm amused when people identify other people by the car they drive. As if Black92LX is less of a man because he drives a mini van. Give me a break.

Posts: 5742 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog7972:
I'm amused when people identify other people by the car they drive. As if Black92LX is less of a man because he drives a mini van. Give me a break.

All's I'm sayin' is if he'd bought an Astro with an LS1, drop, 18s on the rims and in the speaker boxes he'd be a total pimp. But a Toyota?

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ahh, got it.

Posts: 5742 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
Finally traded our 2002 Toyota Sienna in. We got a new Pacifica from Chrysler.
Why? We need the van to transports out booth and product to shows. Plus we've found that going to some of the festivals requires we carry a lot of baggage. Last, the Pacifica is a great road car and very comfortable for my wife. We drove to Arizona and back with no problems.
We looked at the Toyota and the Honda Odyssey. The break point was the seat removal. The Toyota's lift out but weigh a ton. The Honda's second row stays put. The Pacifica has "stow n go" seats that fold into the floor.
Agree, vans aren't sexy or can be considered fun.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Icabod:
Why? We need the van to transports out booth and product to shows. Plus we've found that going to some of the festivals requires we carry a lot of baggage. Last, the Pacifica is a great road car and very comfortable for my wife. We drove to Arizona and back with no problems.
We looked at the Toyota and the Honda Odyssey. The break point was the seat removal. The Toyota's lift out but weigh a ton. The Honda's second row stays put. The Pacifica has "stow n go" seats that fold into the floor.

I agree with everything you wrote but my Sienna has the stow and go seats in the third row. Is that what you are referring to?

thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have a truck I borrowed for the summer when it is just me and plan to buy one next year

Can not wait!
Razz

Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Its called ball busting, busting your chops, giving ya grief, etc.

Even then, you wont catch me owning a minivan. Leave that to chained Suburbanite males.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
chained Suburbanite

Do NOT(!!!) start insulting the Sub owners and our crew. We are/were dangerous and we will find you with our plastic toy-weapons!

OTOH, we won't struggle to carry 47# of stone home to our project.... oh..... wait...... cool dads call it "squat". Yeah, I've got that in my middle. Wink

Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Icabod:

I agree with everything you wrote but my Sienna has the stow and go seats in the third row. Is that what you are referring to?

The Pacifica also has stow and go for the middle row. I looked at the Pacifica but I buy a couple years used and the Pacifica was still too new.
The Caravan and Town and Country just weren't up to my liking.
Though I also don't see myself removing the middle row so the stow and go 2nd row was not a huge factor in my purchase.

————————————————

Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
chained Suburbanite

Do NOT(!!!) start insulting the Sub owners and our crew. We are/were dangerous and we will find you with our plastic toy-weapons!

OTOH, we won't struggle to carry 47# of stone home to our project.... oh..... wait...... cool dads call it "squat". Yeah, I've got that in my middle. Wink

I believe he is referring to folks that live in the suburbs and not those that drive Suburbans.

The Squat has been remedied. The Silverado I picked up for the summer handles the loads I have put in it just fine!

————————————————

Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:

2012 Odyssey owner and the second row comes out. They are heavy though.

Posts: 10938 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post