SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    So it has been one month with the minivan...here are my thoughts
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So it has been one month with the minivan...here are my thoughts Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
So when are you dropping in the V8 Twin Turbo?

Too much work. And of course I have looked into bolt on forced induction kits.
HKS actually makes a bolt on Supercharger kit for the Sienna.
HKS Supercharged Sienna

quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
Well, feeling a little left out, why not raised white letter Hoosier and baby moons around? Maybe side pipes.. Big Grin

Funny you should mention those. My namesake (first car) had Hoosier Radial GTs on it when I bought it

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25418 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
The Swagger Waggon!

Vans rock I had my parents '74 Dodge Tradesman kidnap van in high school. I learned to use my mirrors and turn signals that is for sure.

Yes it had a bed in the back, ....for camping!

HK Ag

Posts: 3499 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Minivans are great. You just have to get over the mistaken belief that they make you less of a man. Get the car that does the job you need. If you have kids, a minivan is a great choice for that.

I had the original minivan 38 years ago. A VW microbus. Like JAllen, I have used them on vacations, and things like that.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:

I had the original minivan 38 years ago. A VW microbus.

You mean the ones where your legs were the bumpers, the crush and crumple zones in a crash?

Posts: 4076 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
Throughout this thread we've all referred to his family truckster as his van. Time to step it up a notch with a name - The Loser Cruiser.

Posts: 4076 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
It sounds fancier if you refer to it as Le Mini Van in your best French accent (with a soft, nearly silent "n" in Van, with an added aw haw haw at the end - just because).

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can't believe weathertech would sell floor mats like that, they always had such attention to detail in the past.

As far as mods go, I would drive this.

Posts: 3118 | Location: Germantown, TN | Registered: June 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jcsabolt2
posted Hide Post
No offense, but I would not waste my money tricking out a minivan. It's just transportation and a place for your kids to YAK in. I wish minivans came with a Linex sprayed in floor and the ability to hose it out like the Honda Element. Kids just do so much interior damage with stains, melted crayons, etc.

----------
“Nobody can ever take your integrity away from you. Only you can give up your integrity.” H. Norman Schwarzkopf

Posts: 3627 | Registered: July 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flashlightboy:
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:

I had the original minivan 38 years ago. A VW microbus.

You mean the ones where your legs were the bumpers, the crush and crumple zones in a crash?

That's the one.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
Glad you're liking the van.
quote:
. . . so I replaced with with a 4" Carbon Fiber TRD shorty.
Do you have a link to the antenna you used? Somehow the antenna got ripped off ours, and I have been meaning to replace it.

Thanks.

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
I too drive a minivan stuffed full of kids everyday. I too, wear a "European shoulder bag".

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
I would get some Marine carpet which has a rubber backing and cover the areas for protection. When it get dirty, just pull it out and wash it off.

http://www.overtons.com/Boatin...ooring/Marine-Carpet

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jcsabolt2:
No offense, but I would not waste my money tricking out a minivan. It's just transportation and a place for your kids to YAK in. I wish minivans came with a Linex sprayed in floor and the ability to hose it out like the Honda Element. Kids just do so much interior damage with stains, melted crayons, etc.

Agreed. Outside of the antenna everything a served a purpose. The most expensive to beat the stains.
LineX is too rough but no need for carpet.

quote:
Originally posted by DMF:
Glad you're liking the van.
quote:
. . . so I replaced with with a 4" Carbon Fiber TRD shorty.
Do you have a link to the antenna you used? Somehow the antenna got ripped off ours, and I have been meaning to replace it.

Thanks.

Just a cheapo off eBay. Just search short antenna and you'll get tons of styles. Make sure to get one with the multiple thread adapters to be sure it fits.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/TRD-Carb...f5587%257Ciid%253A11

That from a $4.95 ad.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25418 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
We just bought a Chrysler Pacifica mini van. Just one little grandkid, and her baby seat is in our "other" car, a 2010 Camry.

We got the mini van mainly for travel, one other benefit is that the second and third row seats fold flat into the floor, no need to take them out of the vehicle, throw a canvas tarp down and voila!, instant cargo hauler.

At 62 years old, and man enough, I could care less what anybody says about our mini van.

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
As a manufacturer's rep, I had mini vans for over 25 years. They do grow on you.
Good luck with your new vehicle.

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing my best to shape
America's youth
Picture of MooneyP226
posted Hide Post
You need miniguns on swingout mounts for the side doors, and a ma deuce behind the liftgate.

Range time out of a van or pickup under a tonneau or cap is ALL sorts of fun.

Clarior Hinc Honos

BSA Dad, Cheer Dad

Posts: 1624 | Location: on the 42nd parallel  | Registered: November 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
I'd drop in a second battery, and a solar panel on the roof for electronics and stuff to entertain the kid for long periods of time without killing the starter battery

Posts: 13047 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aeteocles:
I'd drop in a second battery, and a solar panel on the roof for electronics and stuff to entertain the kid for long periods of time without killing the starter battery
Yeah, whatever would the kids do without a constant stream of electronic entertainment!! Wink

Big Grin

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
Just a cheapo off eBay. Just search short antenna and you'll get tons of styles. Make sure to get one with the multiple thread adapters to be sure it fits.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/TRD-Carb...f5587%257Ciid%253A11

That from a $4.95 ad.
Thank you!

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
Don't forget to add this to the rear hatch. It will seem like you're badass. $22 on ebay.