SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    POC Space? Universities have spaces for persons of color?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

POC Space? Universities have spaces for persons of color? Login/Join 
Picture of mark60
posted
I heard an audio clip a couple times today during the David Webb show and had to find it. The video is a little ways down the page. I guess racism and segregation is ok sometimes. I guess it's really nothing I didn't really already know but it still chaps my butt.
https://nationalfile.com/video...ural-student-center/

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mark60,

Posts: 3438 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
She is blind to the irony and her own racism.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I had to go to the web to see what "POC space" was about. I finally figured out what "POC" meant.

OK. let's let them have their POC Space. But White people get a similar space, size proportioned to the relative numbers of each at the school, in which POC are not permitted to enter unless invited. I predict this would be denied.

The truth is that there is no place in the school where POC are not permitted to gather. Maybe they do feel uneasy in those spaces, but they need to get over it. POC are still a minority in this country, and they will have to deal with that anywhere they go. Maybe if they acted a little more like the non-POC they would feel more accepted.

I have no pity for them.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
Proof Of Capacity . . . Doctor, her brainpan is definitely empty

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Horseshit.

You want a POC space? Move to a POC country.

This is 'merica, where we all stew in our multicolored/ethnic juices.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Trash. You also may want to clarify your thread title.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
She is blind to the irony and her own racism.

She has likely been taught and accepted that she cannot be racist because her subset has no power.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29608 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
You guys are going to have to explain to me what POC is.

Posts: 11814 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Person of color

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I am glad I graduated 20 years ago, I don't think I would last long in college nowadays...

There is zero chance I wouldn't call her out on that BS, right there on the spot, in front of everyone in an embarrassing way.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20758 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
I am glad I graduated 20 years ago, I don't think I would last long in college nowadays...

There is zero chance I wouldn't call her out on that BS, right there on the spot, in front of everyone in an embarrassing way.
You could always fall back on the "N" word . . . .

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:

You could always fall back on the "N" word . . . .

flashguy

It's clear for all to see, she's a nincompoop. I'd have no problem quoting MLK's I Have a Dream speech to her, and pointing out how wrong segregation is.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20758 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
quote:

I told my wife the same thing over dinner today.

Posts: 3438 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:... I'd have no problem quoting MLK's I Have a Dream speech to her, and pointing out how wrong segregation is.

Yep. MLK had a dream 56 years ago. Time for people like this to wake the fuck up.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather have luck
than skill any day
Picture of mjlennon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:... I'd have no problem quoting MLK's I Have a Dream speech to her, and pointing out how wrong segregation is.

Yep. MLK had a dream 56 years ago. Time for people like this to wake the fuck up.

She, BLM, in fact most AA have not a clue what MLK stood for. That's most especially true right here in the civil rights capital of the world, Atlanta. They think they know, therefore it must be true.

I noticed she wasn't studying her history book (any book for that matter) in that POC area... She's been a eatin plenty tho...sorry, that was in poor taste.

Posts: 1817 | Location: Fayetteville, Georgia | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wonder if they'll want separate water fountains?

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8322 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
And restrooms..................

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4562 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
So let me get this straight. “Colored person” is a racist term but these idiots think “person of color” isn’t a racist term. WTF?! It isn’t even a logical term, all people have some sort of skin color.

I am 100% convinced that the vast majority of racial issues in this country are caused by leftists and left leaning racists who are obsessed with skin color. I’d love to see a day when the people who constantly bitch about racial quotas are called out for being racist agitators and then collectively told to shut the fuck up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21078 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Having been on campus as both student and teacher, and having European ancestry, I have been aware of a double standard that has gone on for decades. The questions that need to be directed at the administration (of any college) are these:

1. Do you have a Black Student Union? Do they have dedicated spaces, office, organization, etc.?
2. What is the annual budget for this union?

(I know where I was it was well established and well funded.)

3. Where is the White Student Union?
4. What is their budget?

5. If there is one and not the other - aren’t you PROMOTING racism?

6. Don’t you claim to be AGAINST racism?

Posting a simple sign on a campus that says “Where is the white student union?” would, in some cases, be simply ignored because they wouldn’t get the double standard conflict. On other campuses it would likely cause riots because of the “unfairness” it would raise by revealing the double standard.

If the desire is to truly ask that question, the thing to do is post it in the local paper or media. This would enlighten the public to the double standard. Getting the media to say something (since many papers have closed their doors) is a non-starter. They are not about revealing their own dirty laundry.

Posts: 2130 | Location: south central Pennsylvania | Registered: November 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
Funny how liberals always want to say America is supposed to be the melting pot but yet they want to label everyone and keep us divided.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post