SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Pipe Smoker, here is your (previously) new avatar:
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pipe Smoker, here is your (previously) new avatar: Login/Join 
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
Brings new meaning to Orguss's CUT.

Posts: 7355 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
Best I could come up with.

<snip>

http://superdimension.net/gifs/pipesmoker.jpg

The jpg that you made is a bit crisper than the one I made, so I'm using yours. Thanks for making it.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8946 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Min is an animated gif of 115x113 pixels. I created it umpteen years ago and have no idea how to resize it. It also only resides on my computer right now, because it was hosted on another gun board and that has recently gone to a new server and the avatars are all messed up there.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Animated gifs can be resized, too.

quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
The jpg that you made is a bit crisper than the one I made, so I'm using yours. Thanks for making it.

Glad to have helped. (BTW, that one was the one I had already posted before your first reply. Wink)

And...with all this work on avatars, I've decided to change my current one after only two days.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
I've decided to change my current one after only two days.

I'm not complaining...

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20820 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Bumping so rscalzo and jimbo54 can see their new avatars.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Is mine too bad? Is there a reliable resizing program that won't load your system with bloat-ware??

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Thanks Orguss, I really appreciate your taking the time to do this.

Jim

Oops, I'm getting an error message that says my selection isn't accessible going with Post image. ????

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Just use my url, Jimbo.

quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
Is mine too bad? Is there a reliable resizing program that won't load your system with bloat-ware??

I tried to resize it but it seems to have lost some clarity. I'll work on it.

http://superdimension.net/gifs/erjpilot.jpg

"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I think when most people notice, it's the way I do, when I'm on my tablet and the photo opens full size for just a second and usually makes me jump. Big Grin

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I keep trying to work with this pic but I can't get it to come out with any clarity. I searched online for original versions but there aren't any like the one you have. They've been updated to say Carlisle, PA at the bottom.

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Bumping so rscalzo and jimbo54 can see their new avatars.

I've posted a resized avatar for rscalzo more than once and have simply been ignored. Hopefully this time you'll be able to get his attention.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
That's because you're not browsing from a slow connection, as explained in my previous post.

I think it’s because he’s not using an archaic platform/browser. Smile

I have 180 Mbps download speed and I still notice it for a fraction of a second. I imagine 40 Mbps would notice it even more.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19659 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

I keep trying to work with this pic but I can't get it to come out with any clarity. I searched online for original versions but there aren't any like the one you have. They've been updated to say Carlisle, PA at the bottom.

That'll work, sir...thanks for your assistance!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
I just turned them off and I don't see any

Posts: 13020 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
I've posted a resized avatar for rscalzo more than once and have simply been ignored. Hopefully this time you'll be able to get his attention.

Well, you can lead a horse to water and all that...
quote:
Originally posted by charlie12:
I just turned them off and I don't see any

posted Hide Post
^ That is awesome. Thanks for the laugh.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2739 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
Min is an animated gif of 115x113 pixels. I created it umpteen years ago and have no idea how to resize it. It also only resides on my computer right now, because it was hosted on another gun board and that has recently gone to a new server and the avatars are all messed up there.

flashguy

Here's your Santa. Cool

https://avatarhost.files.wordp...1/flashguy-santa.jpg

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
That's because you're not browsing from a slow connection, as explained in my previous post.

I think it’s because he’s not using an archaic platform/browser. Smile

I have 180 Mbps download speed and I still notice it for a fraction of a second. I imagine 40 Mbps would notice it even more.

My Internet connection is Sprint’s cellular network. Download speed is ~70 Mbps for my iPhone X, and ~20 Mbps for my MacBook (older modem). All avatars, including my former 119x120 pixel avatar, are displayed at the same size, and I never see the “jumping” that some folks mention. That’s because I don’t use archaic browsers. Safari on iPhone, Safari or Firefox on MacBook.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8946 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post