SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    E-bikes! Excellent Way To Get Some Weight Off
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

E-bikes! Excellent Way To Get Some Weight Off Login/Join 
Not your average
kind of girl
Picture of P226RN
posted Hide Post
Awesome Post. I am also an owner of an ebike I got the fat tire version in order to hit the beach and snow on occasion. Love it!

Highly recommend the bulls version if you have extra dough laying around.

Also check out https://electricbikereview.com

It's how I narrowed down which one I wanted a few years back.

This is an excellent ebike hitch mounted rack also:
https://www.etrailer.com/Hitch.../Thule/TH9034XT.html

Also keep in mind pedal assist is legal most places where throttle assist can be a no go in A LOT of places.

If it won't matter in 5 years don't give it more than 5 minutes.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Bye Bye Maryland! Hello WV! | Registered: May 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Intriguing

Posts: 13240 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Ridiculously expensive Chimcom bikes aren't they?
Several years ago a guy I know bout one for like $5k iirc? Maybe they have come down in price?

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19161 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jmtgsx
posted Hide Post
Mine is from Germany. The French make several different brands as well. The Chinese do make a lot of the lower end ones and also make retrofit hub motors if you want to convert an old bike you may have lying around.(Bafang)

Redeemed!

Posts: 314 | Location: Broken Arrow, OK | Registered: December 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
Ridiculously expensive Chimcom bikes aren't they?
Several years ago a guy I know bout one for like $5k iirc? Maybe they have come down in price?

The prices have come down, and the capacity has increased substantially. For example, the bike I purchased came with a 750 watt rear hub-drive motor, and a 52V/19.2 Ah battery for only $2500.00. I live in a very hilly area, and I'm getting over 60 miles per charge.

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10703 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Both of those things (not made in china and price coming down) seem positive. Win, win!

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19161 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post