SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Flying the Typhoon through the Mach Loop Low Level
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Flying the Typhoon through the Mach Loop Low Level Login/Join 
Picture of Prefontaine
posted
https://youtu.be/kT7qrYi8R_M

Looks like a LOT of fun.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12633 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
A lot more fun than a roller coaster that's for sure!

Posts: 1772 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Looks like I need to put this on my itinerary for a future UK visit.

Link: Machloop.co.uk

With some planning it seems like one can climb up some hills and get views DOWN on to the aircraft below.

Posts: 18068 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of valkyrie1
posted Hide Post
Nice to see it from the pilots perspective compared to ground video..

Posts: 2306 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is the pilot or the backseater doing the narration? If I were flying I'd focus on, well...flying.

After the first plane parks a two seater taxis by. Then again, that could be unrelated stock footage.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
Been there, seen that.

Looking down into the cockpit is awesome!

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:
Is the pilot or the backseater doing the narration? If I were flying I'd focus on, well...flying.

After the first plane parks a two seater taxis by. Then again, that could be unrelated stock footage.

If you look at the headrest of the seat you can see stenciling indicating it is the number two seat.

Posts: 12180 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I'd venture to say it was the pilot talking to let the backseater (VIP or Instructor) know what was going on.

In Navy Fighters (F-14s/F-18Fs) we didn't talk at all when really doing it - there is some chatter when going through the initial qual course for dive recovery rules when you are learning but it's far less and drops off in the fleet - and when you do talk it's typical tactical in nature because you have more important things to do like either: (1) enjoy the scenery and fly if it's just a good deal low level or (2) train like someone is trying to kill you, look for enemy air / ground threats, and be ready to simulate an attack on a target - the whole reason you would be flying like that! Wink

Low level flying is awesome, nothing like 200', 70+deg AOB, 450kts, and 7.5Gs intercepting CAS strikers as a FAC(A). You are really living on the edge there and working for a living, but it is fun as hell!

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
Looks like I need to put this on my itinerary for a future UK visit.

Link: Machloop.co.uk

With some planning it seems like one can climb up some hills and get views DOWN on to the aircraft below.

https://youtu.be/INcWJYFvSkQ

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12633 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
That's some gorgeous terrain and looks like a perfect day for flying. Looked like a couple of nice flyfishing streams down below. Hmmm....

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post