SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    An interesting day....
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

An interesting day.... Login/Join 
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted
Today, 1 April 2017 marks a couple milestones for me.

It's the 10th anniversary of my first day in retirement as I retired effective "close of business" on 31 March 2007.

It's also the 3rd anniversary of being informed of a confirmed diagnosis of CML.

Quite a significant difference from the normal "April Fools!" associations. Smile

Regardless the time has flown by....

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16192 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on 10 years of retirement. I trust your CML prognosis is good. May you enjoy many more retirement anniversaries. I'll mark the end of my 4th year of retirement June 1st. Hard to believe, but as you said, time has flown by.

Posts: 691 | Location: Ohio & UP of Michigan | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
You have to be some kind of man to declare those two anniversaries as "interesting".

I wish you nothing but the best outcomes for everything.

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reminder - today is my anniversary for retiring from the navy.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
Thanks for the reminder - today is my anniversary for retiring from the navy.

Mine was a long time ago. Smile I tacked on a civilian career which is what I retired from a decade ago. This year I become a septuagenarian so yeah it's been a long run. Smile

quote:
Originally posted by ohioup:
I trust your CML prognosis is good.

After a rough start things have been fairly stable with daily oral chemo. I'm thankful this situation wasn't 15 or more years ago or after 3 years I'd most likely not be sucking oxygen anymore. Smile

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16192 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear things are going well.

Posts: 691 | Location: Ohio & UP of Michigan | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post