SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Shrimp and Grits
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shrimp and Grits Login/Join 
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted
See if this don't make your ass hoongry...

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/z8AWt-n44TU

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15482 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
One of my favorite dishes.

And I don't even like breakfast grits.

But this...

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/8710006814

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107580 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Sounds terrific.
Too bad I'm a Yankee and never enjoyed shrimp and grits.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by msfzoe:
Sounds terrific.
Too bad I'm a Yankee and never enjoyed shrimp and grits.

But you...do eat grits though...don't you Wink Smile

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/pWC0sKCS5oA

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10587 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Restaurants, around here, don't serve bacon and grits topped with eggs over easy.
Too bad.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Grits with real butter yes, but Grits with shrimp.........uh, no.

I've heard of Grits called Georgia Ice Cream.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
There's a restaurant on Wrightsville Beach NC (near Wilmington) that serves a Shrimp 'n Grits breakfast that will rock your world...
Best I've had-

They also have a malted pancake/waffle flavor that is flat wonderful- If you are in the area check out the Causeway Cafe...

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
Chat Morrisette in SW Va has great restaurant attached,

they do an excellent Shrimp and Grits,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10421 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:
Grits with real butter yes, but Grits with shrimp.........uh, no.

I've heard of Grits called Georgia Ice Cream.

you should try some, S&G is delicious

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10421 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Love me some skrimps n grits.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
I always order S&G when I find it on a menu, most of the time it is outstanding. Even when it's not I will love it, just some better than others.

Posts: 3851 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
I never had shrimp and grits until I was 45 years old (11 years ago).

Dat' is some goooooood eatin' fo' sure.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I loves me some shrimp & grits.

Local place for a while had a shrimp, Andouille sausage and cheesy grits dish on the menu. Boy, did that rock!

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One of the guys I work with made it one night but a bit differently. He made it with thick cut broken bacon pieces,collard greens sauteed in the left over bacon fat, (milk,butter,garlic and cheese) added to the grits for a creamier taste and texture, a good sausage sliced up and sauteed the lightly battered shrimp in the bacon fat. It was definitely not something a person on a diet would eat, or if you didn't want any chest pain afterwards. It was so good but made you regret eating so much of it.

Posts: 6888 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dubya
posted Hide Post
Guess we're too far from the coast...spam and grits for us. Razz Yum!

Sons of the Republic of Texas, NRA, TSRA
God Bless America

Posts: 4075 | Location: The Great Lone Star State, Texas | Registered: March 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patw:
One of the guys I work with made it one night but a bit differently. He made it with thick cut broken bacon pieces,collard greens sauteed in the left over bacon fat, (milk,butter,garlic and cheese) added to the grits for a creamier taste and texture, a good sausage sliced up and sauteed the lightly battered shrimp in the bacon fat. It was definitely not something a person on a diet would eat, or if you didn't want any chest pain afterwards. It was so good but made you regret eating so much of it.

Now you've went and done it...how can I go to sleep now that you have mentioned "thick cut broken bacon", collard greens, sausage and battered shrimp cooked in bacon grease in one post...all added to grits! You are a bad man Wink

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10587 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
skrimps

I love skrimps with every fiber of my being.

fried, cocktail, boiled, with grits, in fried rice and other Asian variations, and more.

I miss that most about being near the Gulf, that and crawfish.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
http://acmelowcountrykitchen.com

Located in Isle of Palms, SC Just north of Charleston.

I suggest the Shrimp & Scallops version, very, very yummy. While you are there try the Gouda Grits fries, delicious!

I hate grits, but LOVE shrimp and grits.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20821 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hate grits but love shrimp and grits also. I've sampled them at restaurants ALL over the South.

The best ones I've ever had were at Coastal Kitchen in Brunswick, GA. They're in a red tasso ham/bacon gravy and delicious.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post