SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    If you like green hot sauces, I've found one worth recommending.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If you like green hot sauces, I've found one worth recommending. Login/Join 
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted
I tend to prefer a flavorful green sauce over most types of red sauces, but am very much a chili head. I'm a native El Pasoan who grew up on seasonal Hatch chili and bi-annual chili cook offs. I've run a few hot sauce karmas here in years past and have nearly 200 different hot sauces in my collection that range from "is there a chili pepper in here?" to "get me to the ER." I want to tell you about this one.

http://gringobanditostore.com/...een-sauce-21201.html

I am not affiliated in any way and didn't get mine direct from the link, my wife found it in the local Safeway.

This stuff is good. Full stop.

If you like a green hot sauce with a lot of flavor that won't set your scalp to sweating, this is worth trying. Enjoy.

Posts: 17113 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have you had their red or super hot varieties? They're all available on Amazon, and I'm thinking about ordering the 4-pack variety combo. $16.49 via Prime. According to Amazon, it's owned by the lead singer of The Offspring!

Posts: 1702 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
No, I've only tried this type. I only just now was looking at their other offerings because I used some of the green sauce to make dinner pretty awesome.

My wife made a mojo and key lime pork shoulder with stuff we brought back from family in Florida the other day. I shredded up some of that and she put it in some home-made mac-n-cheese tonight. It was pretty good, but a strong dose of this stuff knocked it out of the park, and that was among like, five other choices of green sauce we brought back. Absolutely have to recommend.

And yeah, Dexter Holland owns the brand. He has a Ph.D. in Molecular Biology and wrote his thesis on HIV last year. Busy dude. I like his green hot sauce.

Posts: 17113 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:

And yeah, Dexter Holland owns the brand. He has a Ph.D. in Molecular Biology and wrote his thesis on HIV last year. Busy dude. I like his green hot sauce.

Fascinating work. And the hot sauce too.

Posts: 11360 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Amazon has it in 4 packs. You can get 4 green bottles, or 2 green and 2 red, or other multi-packs. AND, of course I bought some. I love a good green sauce, having become quite fond of them in the past couple of years.

https://www.amazon.com/Gringo-...e/dp/B00CXZKD16?th=1

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
Thanks got to try that. You know just in the last 2 years have I gone to mostly green hot sauces. For some reason I always went for the red stuff in the old days.

Posts: 2679 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
Hmmmm, I’ma have to get me some Smile

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10489 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jprebb
posted Hide Post
I have a variety pack on the way. Damn, Amazon makes this too easy! Big Grin

JP

Posts: 2047 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
I have some of the green sauce on the way. Thanks for the recommendation. We go through hot sauces pretty fast and are always up to try some new ones.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Trader Joe’s also has one that is good. I think it’s called dragon sauce.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17269 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
The good thing about hot sauces is that there are quadrogillion (four more than numbers in the universe) but hey if I see it I will give it a try. Cool

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the recommendations. I’ll give it a try. I love Cholula Green Pepper hot sauce. I know that it sounds weird, but Silk brand Unsweetened Soy Milk, laced with Cholula Green Pepper is utterly addictive!

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8933 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
Just wanted to say thanks to the OP. I bought some of this Gringo Bandito green sauce and it's great. Great flavor with a little heat but doesn't hurt you. Good stuff!

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4521 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
Just bought 4 green on Amazon.

Posts: 4622 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
I do love a green sauce which will stay with me in safety. Of course, nothing beats going to the source. Big Grin

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post