SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Megyn Kelly Tries To Mend Fences With Trump Fans, Embarrasses Sick Liberal Journalist With 4 Words
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Megyn Kelly Tries To Mend Fences With Trump Fans, Embarrasses Sick Liberal Journalist With 4 Words Login/Join 
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted
Dumping on Megyn is a popular sport here, but every now and then, she gets in a good one.

quote:
Megyn Kelly has had a rough year. Her Sunday NBC show was canceled and her morning show has gotten off to a terrible start. And it all goes back to her time at Fox News when she famously sparred with then-candidate Donald Trump. She lost her conservative base and the moderate, left-wing in the country has been slow to embrace her.

So it may have been a calculated decision to try to mend fences. With rumors that she could be canceled filtering for months, a change was desperately needed. It is unclear if this is going to be a trend or if this was an anomaly but we have to give credit where credit is due – this was awesome.

LA Times writer David Horsey found himself in hot water the other day when he called White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders a “Chunky soccer mom” and referred to Fox News anchors as ““blonde Barbie dolls in short tight skirts.” So Kell had him on her show and embarrassed him with three words, “what were you thinking?”

Horsey was clearly embarrassed. He went into a monologue about supporting feminism and showed remorse for his comments. But Kelly was not having any of it and took particular offense to the Fox News comments:

“’I asked myself when I saw that, ‘who does he mean?’ Kelly said. ‘Does he mean Jamie Colby, who graduated high school at age 16 and practiced law for ten years before becoming a journalist and winning a Murrow Award? Does he mean Lea Gabrielle, who fought as a Navy fighter pilot for our country in Afghanistan before becoming a Fox News personality?’

“She continued, ‘Melissa Francis, who graduated with an economics degree from Harvard, Catherine Herridge who has a Stanford and Harvard degree and gave part of her liver to her sick infant child?’

“’To me, these are not Barbie dolls in short tight skirts and I think I speak for all of us when I say that part was equally offensive,’ Kelly closed to applause.”

Bravo, Megyn. This may be the first time she has stuck up for Sarah Sanders, a Trump loyalist. It might just be a small move in the right direction but at least it is a step in the right direction.

Link

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
Meh, she was defending herself by proxy. She is what he attacked and she hit back. She will be forgotten as many who were exposed and washed out in Trump's wake.

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
She's going to have to do a heck of a lot better than that.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30398 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
So, she turned on conservatives and was spurned because of it (and rightfully so). Now, her ratings aren't good enough because those she sided with (leftists) aren't embracing her, so she's trying to re-invent herself with a new 'get-tough-on-liberals' persona?

Just shows, IMO, that she will say anything to get ratings
She is still likely a Trump-hating leftist.

She made her bed. Let her lie in it. All alone. With crappy ratings. Waiting to get canned.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21838 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Kelly achieved fame only because of her good looks. She's got nothing going on between her ears, so yeah, she's a Barbie Doll and nothing more.

If Kelly looked like Golda Meir, would she be on TV? If she looked like Golda Meir, would she still be in that chair, due to her keen insight and her political acumen and world-wise ways?

Looks, lady. You got where you are because of your looks and you know it, so just stow the indignation.

Posts: 107459 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
She should of kept milking her gig at Fox News. She won't have it as good after moving, for any amount of $$.

Posts: 6154 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
quote:
.....So Kell had him on her show and embarrassed him with three words, “what were you thinking?”

Three words?

Good for Megan though for standing up!

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7070 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
She went to the Connie Chung school of journalism success.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34104 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
So Kell had him on her show and embarrassed him with three words, “what were you thinking?”

And anyway, didn't she steal that line from Jay Leno when he interviewed Hugh Grant?

She ain't even original!

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30398 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TXJIM:
Meh, she was defending herself by proxy. She is what he attacked and she hit back.
^^^This. Ole Megyn is too self centered to care about anyone but herself.

quote:
Does he mean Lea Gabrielle, who fought as a Navy fighter pilot for our country in Afghanistan before becoming a Fox News personality?
My response here would have been "What, a woman can't be a fighter pilot and still be an incredible hottie?" Leah seems to be smart, cool, and is very attractive. I see no issue recognizing as any of those attributes.

The minute Horsley started back peddling, he was history. Of course Horlsey is an enormous POS, so who cares.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
She's going to have to do a heck of a lot better than that.

She's dead to me. A sellout. A political traitor. As much the enemy as Rachel Madcow.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of xl_target
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sourdough44:
She should of kept milking her gig at Fox News. She won't have it as good after moving, for any amount of $$.

She thought Trump would lose, so she figured dissing him publicly wouldn't have any consequences.
You reap what you sow, Megan.

Posts: 2322 | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Broken clock is correct once or twice a day.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I didn't know he was still on tv...

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53158 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Never have I heard this Peter Principle Award Winner articulate a cogent, original thought. Not one single time have I heard any such thing come out of this bim's mouth and that's the truth. She was not hired for her intelligence and insight. She was hired because she's blonde and good-looking and that is all.

Any woman who rises that far on looks alone has no business speaking about sexism, because sexism is how they got to where that are. So, she can just stow her indignation.

Posts: 107459 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
three words, “what were you thinking?”

Great editing there....

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
The libs will never embrace her, and the conservatives have shunned her. She has now tried to sell her soul by dumping the "dark, gritty" political coverage and becoming the next GMA fluff girl, and that isn't working either because she is such a phony and is not welcomed on either side.

Fuck off Megyn. Embrace the suck, because its where you live now.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
She went to the Connie Chung school of journalism success.

No. Like Joe "Bite Me" Biden, she went to the liberal haven of upstate NY, Syracuse University.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16179 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Hey that's great. Really. Now continue to fuck off sweetheart.

Posts: 13740 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
Wasn't she also defending the lady who got fired for flipping off the Trump motorcade this morning? I just caught the tail end of it.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1863 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post