SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I am very very proud of my wife
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I am very very proud of my wife Login/Join 
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted
A few years ago my wife and I joined a gun club in central Florida.
We had been shooting matches there for years and had become friends with several members. We though why not join and be able to take advantage of all the club had to offer.

The next year after we joined she was asked to help with our annual Ladies Day At The Range event. Every year the club closes to our members and opens to ladies only to be able to come to our club. The ladies do not have to be members of the club to participate in the event.

Our members bring all of their firearms and archery equipment,set up most of the disciplines that are shot at the club and for one price(less than 40 dollars) the ladies are able to shoot all day as much as they want after going through a safety briefing.
We provide all of the ammunition for the event so the ladies and our members don't have to bring any of their own.

The next year my wife was asked to take over the event. She put together a comity of other ladies in our club and over the next four years grew it to an event that host 400 ladies with tickets that sold out in seven hours. She also could not do it with out the help of our volunteers. This year she had over 168 of them and with out them this event would never happen.

She brought in many local and national sponsors and vendors and this allows us to keep the prices to our ladies affordable.
As far as I can tell this is the largest event of this kind in the country.
It takes a lot (and I mean a lot) of work my wife and her comity put into this event to make it successful. She is very thankful for all of the volunteers and sponsors because with out them the event would never happen.

Well this year an articular was written in the September 2018 issue of the American Shooting Journal about the ladies day event.
The story was written by an individual who was at the event as a volunteer and writes for the magazine.

I would love to be able to put a link to that issue of the magazine but I don't know how.
If you go to the magazines website( American Shooting Journal)look up the September 2018 issue the story is on pages 76-77.

To find the story easier I do a Bing search "American shooting journal September 2018" and it pops up as a PDF download free of the magazine. The story starts on page 76-77.

Any one interested in learning more about the event you can send an Email that is in my profile.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2571 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
You have good reason to be proud. Well done Mrs Truck.
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

I asked myself if I was crazy, and we all said no.

Posts: 1683 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of reloader-1
posted Hide Post
Kudos to your wife (and to you, for marrying such a fantastic lady!)

I looked for the article online to post, but couldn’t find it either.

Posts: 2325 | Location: S. FL | Registered: October 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by reloader-1:
Kudos to your wife (and to you, for marrying such a fantastic lady!)

I looked for the article online to post, but couldn’t find it either.

Thanks
I do a Bing search "American shooting journal September 2018" and it pops up as a PDF download free of the magazine. The story starts on page 76-77.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2571 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Awesome!

Posts: 195 | Location: Smithfield, Utah | Registered: April 29, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
Very impressive work on Mrs. Truck’s part. There is a real art to the care, feeding, and leading of volunteers (wanna see herding cats look easy?), and the folks who have that gift are priceless!

Here’s the page Ixquick takes me to with a cover and description:

https://magazinelib.com/all/am...rnal-september-2018/

And here’s the 32.82MB pdf of the magazine:

https://vk.com/doc423424436_47...1&api=1&no_preview=1

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slosig:
Very impressive work on Mrs. Truck’s part. There is a real art to the care, feeding, and leading of volunteers (wanna see herding cats look easy?), and the folks who have that gift are priceless!

Here’s the page Ixquick takes me to with a cover and description:

https://magazinelib.com/all/am...rnal-september-2018/

And here’s the 32.82MB pdf of the magazine:

https://vk.com/doc423424436_47...1&api=1&no_preview=1

Thank you and thank you for posting the link.

NRA Life Member

I know what I like
I like what I know
Picture of Mark in Michigan
posted Hide Post
Nice write-up. It sounds like a very well run event. Your wife and her supporters are doing a great thing. Thanks for sharing this with us.

Best regards,
Mark in Michigan

Posts: 502 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: December 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
Congratulations-that looks like a very impressive event.

Posts: 3435 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Absolutely Positively-
Retired
Picture of ace73
posted Hide Post
That sounded like a great day! And that was a great price! Wish more places would do that!
On a side note, how about that swamp ape guy!!

Posts: 1182 | Location: Detroit/Downriver | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great, always good to make it a family affair.

My wife gets involved in the things I am interested in.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to your wife.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Outstanding!!!

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20321 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
Congratulations and a big Thank You to your wife for what she is doing to make self-defense available to women!

Congrats to you, Truck, for marrying such an awesome woman!

Posts: 8621 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flying Sergeant
posted Hide Post
Very cool! Wouldn’t it be great if those were held at more places? I’d love to send so:3rd ladies I know to one of those. Well done Mrs Truck! You have every reason to be proud!

Posts: 1673 | Location: Waukesha,WI | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Pretty damn cool. Tell her to keep up the good work.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20820 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good on her. Females are the fastest growing dempgrahic in shooting.

Posts: 7019 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
Congratulations that was great

Posts: 13020 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Yes, great job to her.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19186 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post