SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Editing software for YouTube videos
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Editing software for YouTube videos Login/Join 
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted
Could anyone suggest a good program for making YouTube videos? Something that makes it easy to insert video clips and pictures with sound over them? Also, who makes a decent microphone? Thanks!

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Adobe Premiere is the king when it comes to video editing.

Apple has some of its own built-in I've used but not sure it would do everything you want.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16378 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
Like Comet said: Apple's iMovie is a great place to start if you have little or no experience editing video. It is built in to Apple MacBooks, iMacs, and there is even an iPhone version of it that is pretty neat. Very intuitive, and can do some good things.
Adobe Premiere Pro is the industry standard; however, you have to subscribe to it ($) via Creative Cloud software. Much steeper learning curve, and getting education on all its features is highly suggested.
It all depends on how deep into editing you wish to go.

Posts: 3804 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
ScreenFlow is something I'm looking at.
https://www.telestream.net/screenflow/overview.htm

Posts: 45330 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kden Live - free and easy to use.
best .

Posts: 132 | Registered: June 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use Adobe Premiere Pro CS5 - I will likely NEVER upgrade to a subscription.

That said, YouTube Studio Beta has a simple editing system. I recommend you check it out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_C2kSaEPCk

Posts: 195 | Location: Smithfield, Utah | Registered: April 29, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
Thank you all for the replies! I'll take a look at a few of the suggested programs. What about microphones? Are there any good options that won't break the bank since this is just for a hobby?

quote:
Originally posted by BuckRogers2000:

That said, YouTube Studio Beta has a simple editing system. I recommend you check it out:

Are you using a free trial?

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Adobe Premier is the king, but you can get the free version of Davinci Resolve. Best free editing software I have found.

Posts: 3118 | Location: Germantown, TN | Registered: June 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:
Thank you all for the replies! I'll take a look at a few of the suggested programs. What about microphones? Are there any good options that won't break the bank since this is just for a hobby?

quote:
Originally posted by BuckRogers2000:

Are you using a free trial?
CS5 was a pay version before adobe began using a subscription only structure.

Posts: 45330 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post