SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Sniper attack on power grid San Jose CA?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Sniper attack on power grid San Jose CA? Login/Join 
Picture of 280nosler
posted Hide Post
Sniper and AK 47 don't go together. How stupid are the dickwad's at CNN?

Posts: 6372 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 20, 2010Report This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
I drive past that sub station severall times a month. I'm not sure what side of the station they fired on. It's 8 lanes of freeway from where I go past it.

On the back side it's just open land. I'm thinking it was the back side.

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 957 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Report This Post
This space for rent
Picture of hawk1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 280nosler:

If you google the incident you'll see a lot of news agencies are using that new buzzword, SNIPER. It's to stir up the sheeple and justify their wants.

Posts: 1156 | Location: Southern California | Registered: February 10, 2008Report This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
Im not buying the terrorist story. It was some stupid kids out doing stupid things.

Posts: 3264 | Location: Suburb of Kansas City Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Report This Post
Sound and Fury
Picture of Dallas239
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 280nosler:
They're very stupid. But the problem here is that the reporting is being spun to serve a particular agenda. You'd think maybe at least some of the dickwads would smell that and not take the bait.

"I've spoken of the shining city all my political life, but I don't know if I ever quite communicated what I saw when I said it. But in my mind it was a tall proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, wind-swept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace, a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity, and if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here." -- Ronald Reagan, Farewell Address, Jan. 11, 1989

Si vis pacem para bellum
There are none so blind as those who refuse to see.
Feeding Trolls Since 1995

Posts: 16036 | Registered: February 22, 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
This was in the news, wasn't this AFTER the Boston attack? I think what I read was this was investigated as a terrorist incident because evidence /video showed 2 people?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PR64:
I drive past that sub station severall times a month. I'm not sure what side of the station they fired on. It's 8 lanes of freeway from where I go past it.

On the back side it's just open land. I'm thinking it was the back side.

So do I and have been for my entire life. But there not much more land on the backside until you get to another road and I Believe some condos and houses. There's a small fishing lake very near there. Any time of day estimated ? I think it would have to be middle of the night. If they wanted in why not cut the chain link fence and do some real damage.
Ak47 type rounds means it was some retards with an SKS.

Posts: 790 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area  | Registered: November 23, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
The article I saw also said that the analysis suggested a need to shield transformers from physical attack. I think this should not be discounted as you guys are.

Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
A few more excerpts from the WSJ article (which is the only one I’ve read):

“The attack began just before 1 a.m. on April 16 last year, when someone slipped into an underground vault not far from a busy freeway and cut telephone cables. …

“A minute before a police car arrived, the shooters disappeared into the night. …

“At 12:58 a.m., AT&T fiber-optic telecommunications cables were cut—in a way that made them hard to repair—in an underground vault near the substation, not far from U.S. Highway 101 just outside south San Jose. It would have taken more than one person to lift the metal vault cover, said people who visited the site.

“At 1:31 a.m., a surveillance camera pointed along a chain-link fence around the substation recorded a streak of light that investigators from the Santa Clara County Sheriff's office think was a signal from a waved flashlight. It was followed by the muzzle flash of rifles and sparks from bullets hitting the fence.

“Five minutes later, another apparent flashlight signal, caught on film, marked the end of the attack. More than 100 shell casings of the sort ejected by AK-47s were later found at the site.

“Mr. Wellinghoff, then chairman of FERC, said that after he heard about the scope of the attack, he flew to California, bringing with him experts from the U.S. Navy's Dahlgren Surface Warfare Center in Virginia, which trains Navy SEALs. After walking the site with PG&E officials and FBI agents, Mr. Wellinghoff said, the military experts told him it looked like a professional job.

“In addition to fingerprint-free shell casings, they pointed out small piles of rocks, which they said could have been left by an advance scout to tell the attackers where to get the best shots.

“‘They said it was a targeting package just like they would put together for an attack,’ Mr. Wellinghoff said.”

“Most men … can seldom accept the simplest and most obvious truth if it … would oblige them to admit the falsity of conclusions … which they have woven, thread by thread, into the fabrics of their lives.”
— Leo Tolstoy

Posts: 30454 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Report This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
If it was a "professional job", they would have picked up their casings.

Posts: 3264 | Location: Suburb of Kansas City Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Report This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by walker77:

At 0100, a minute before the police arrive? I’m sure the operators of one of our well-known secret organizations could have accomplished that, but ordinary mortals—?

It would actually be interesting to know whether the bullets recovered from the transformers were consistent with the cartridge cases found at the scene. That’s something I’ve wondered about since first reading the article.

It wasn’t, however, that until I read this thread that I realized we had so many experts who were capable of drawing so many confident conclusions from such sketchy information right here on this forum.
I AM impressed. Wink

“Most men … can seldom accept the simplest and most obvious truth if it … would oblige them to admit the falsity of conclusions … which they have woven, thread by thread, into the fabrics of their lives.”
— Leo Tolstoy

Posts: 30454 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Report This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Where was Justin Bieber at the time? Just ask'n.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 2449 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Report This Post
Picture of evolution
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:
Originally posted by walker77:

At 0100, a minute before the police arrive? I’m sure the operators one of our well-known secret organizations could have accomplished that, but ordinary mortals—?

It would actually be interesting to know whether the bullets recovered from the transformers were consistent with the cartridge cases found at the scene. That’s something I’ve wondered about since first reading the article.

It wasn’t, however, that until I read this thread that I realized we had so many experts who were capable of drawing so many confident conclusions from such sketchy information right here on this forum. I AM impressed. Wink

I'm missing the significance/reasoning in this thought!

Posts: 2091 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: June 02, 2002Report This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by evolution:
I'm missing the significance/reasoning in this thought!

Which one? I count at least three more or less unrelated thoughts there.

— Leo Tolstoy

Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
It was a "well-orchestrated terrorist attack". I heard it on the news.

Posts: 5624 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Report This Post