SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Google Company meeting after Hillary loss, Wow!
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Google Company meeting after Hillary loss, Wow! Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
nauseating to watch

a bunch of clueless sheep w no appreciation of our country's history, core values, and sacrifices to achieve our level of freedom

Posts: 19502 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
The railroads once controlled the flow of goods. We broke them up because they were too powerful and concentrated.

Google controls the flow of information. It could be argued that controlling the flow of information is more important and potentially harmful.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23942 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
^^^

Yes.

And talk about "not using google products" as if that is a solution is akin to saying "do not use oil based products" because "Big Oil" was controlling.

It sounds good when you say it, but when you realize all the "runs" on "google", like "oil", it touches everything.

And the vast majority of the world would never give it up.

Break up the monopolies. Yes, there will be some negatives and some pain, but the progression of that power and control is not worth the "benefits".

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
^^^

Yes.

And talk about "not using google products" as if that is a solution is akin to saying "do not use oil based products" because "Big Oil" was controlling.

It sounds good when you say it, but when you realize all the "runs" on "google", like "oil", it touches everything.

Break up the monopolies. Yes, there will be some negatives and some pain, but the progression of that power and control is not worth the "benefits".

It actually wouldn't be all that hard to make an impact on the Company. Switch your gmail account to Outlook.com or any of the other million free email providers. Use Brave or Bing instead of Google for search. Those two steps right there would have a measurable impact on the company if enough people did it. If you want to go further, stop viewing youtube videos and uploading content to the site. Switch from android to iOS (not that Apple is much better in terms of politics).

All the products that create income for Google rely on access to personal information about you - the sites you visit, the searches you make, the contents of your emails. Anything you can do to deprive them of that info will do some amount of damage to them.

It's not hard to do...but it's certainly not convenient if you are embedded in the google universe. It just depends how much you want to punish them.

Posts: 6061 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I completely agree. People will say "it's their company they can do what they want" but that is not true. There isn't a single private company that is exempt from some sort of regulation. Google is positioning itself as THE information gatekeeper. If they cannot do this equally to all parties (and they have proven they cannot) then unfortunately the government may have to step in.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
It’s showing up in the MSM now. Not APNews though…

https://dailym.ai/2p3pyiE

It’ll be interesting to see what google says about the leaked video.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8851 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:
Switch from android to iOS (not that Apple is much better in terms of politics).

Yeah, not a chance I'll ever be doing that.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
I completely agree. People will say "it's their company they can do what they want" but that is not true. There isn't a single private company that is exempt from some sort of regulation. Google is positioning itself as THE information gatekeeper. If they cannot do this equally to all parties (and they have proven they cannot) then unfortunately the government may have to step in.

Would you like to take a stab at who the email provider for most of the Fed is? I don’t see the US government doing anything about Google.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:...If enough people did it. ...

There will be more adopters every day, than any number of those who walk away.

It's like trying to drain the ocean by dragging out buckets of water and pouring them on the beach.

That hole slams shut pretty darn fast.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
Would you like to take a stab at who the email provider for most of the Fed is? I don’t see the US government doing anything about Google.

Oh I know. The left is working to eliminate ALL opposing views. Right now it is limited to certain sites. Eventually the censorship will make its way to the providers. It's not enough for them to eliminate opposing views from Google, facebook, etc., they would love to be able to eliminate it from the entire web. What are people going to say when Comcast won't even allow conservative web content at all, not just on a particular website? I only have one provider where I live. There is no where else to go.

Only a matter of time. The left works incrementally.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
It’s Official: Google Is a Democratic Party Front

Someone leaked to Breitbart an hour-long video of an “all hands” Google meeting that was held just after the 2016 election. The video features Google’s co-founder, Sergei Brin, its CEO, Sundar Pichai, and numerous other high-ranking “Googlers” speaking in turn about the election’s tragic outcome. It is stunning.

All of the speakers express grief over Donald Trump’s election. All of the speakers assume that every Google employee is a Democrat and is stunned and horrified that Hillary Clinton–the worst and most corrupt presidential candidate in modern history–lost. There is much discussion about what Google can do to reverse the benighted world-wide tide exemplified by Brexit and Trump’s election. The insane doctrine of “white privilege” rears its head.

You really have to see it to believe it. Having suffered through the hour-long cri de cœur–OK, to be fair, there is a huge element of schadenfreude, too, and you will relish much of it–you probably will have several reactions: 1) These people may have certain valuable technical skills, but they aren’t very bright and are unusually lacking in self-awareness. 2) It is remarkable that they can achieve such an extraordinary monoculture in an organization with thousands of employees. It must require vigorous enforcement of right-think. 3) It is easy to see how these uniformly left-wing robots/people seamlessly transitioned into Resisting the duly elected Trump administration.

Here is the video, then a final comment:

The question is what to do about the left-wing tech monopolies of Silicon Valley. Start conservative companies and platforms to compete with them? Break them up under the Sherman Act? Turn them into regulated public utilities, with public employee-level salaries and no stock options? Those are all possibilities. After watching the video, you no doubt will be ready to take action.

UPDATE: Google put out a statement in response to the uproar over this video:

At a regularly scheduled all hands meeting, some Google employees and executives expressed their own personal views in the aftermath of a long and divisive election season. For over 20 years, everyone at Google has been able to freely express their opinions at these meetings. Nothing was said at that meeting, or any other meeting, to suggest that any political bias ever influences the way we build or operate our products. To the contrary, our products are built for everyone, and we design them with extraordinary care to be a trustworthy source of information for everyone, without regard to political viewpoint.

That’s the usual leftist line: Sure, we are all liberals here, but trust us! It doesn’t influence how we do our work. The problem is that the video includes extensive discussion of how “we” can prevent future anomalies like Trump’s election and Brexit.

A reader and frequent correspondent offers a pungent take on Google’s election angst:

Gag me with a spoon.

I worked for very large corporations most of my life. Of course, there is a strong element of conformity — but with respect to achieving success of the business, nothing else! I also had experience in a tech start-up post early stage. Very smart high level people. And NOTHING remotely like the fatuous, risible self importance displayed by these punchable a**holes. They give conformity, groupthink and limousine liberal goo-goo right-think a bad name.

But all you need to know is this, openly proclaimed: they have 10,000 immigrant employees! A world of tech-coolies!

Crush them.

Also this:

And what is it with their “values”? WTF? Are they a cult? Do they think they’re an eleemosynary institution?

When I hear one of these smarmy T-shirt wearing fakes nattering on about their “Googler” “values” ... I release the safety on my Browning.

https://www.powerlineblog.com/...atic-party-front.php

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 23942 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
"Look how the media is covering the leaked video of Google execs boo-hooing over Hillary losing the election. Their take is basically that it will give 'ammo' to conservatives who are charging Google with intentionally biasing the results of its search engine. If the video were different, if it showed Google employees whooping it up and throwing MAGA hats into the air because they were so happy Trump won, you can bet that there would be many chin-stroking think pieces written about how the video calls into question Google's objectivity. But seeing them openly weeping at Hillary's loss apparently doesn't raise that question. What's really creepy is how full of themselves the Google execs are, like when Google VP Kent Walker answers a question by saying that Google must ensure that the rise of populism doesn’t turn into 'a world war or something catastrophic'. I had no idea that the guys who run Google believe it's their job to keep history on the correct path. I thought that their job was to provide a search engine that they claim everybody can use. Except, of course, for the Chinese, whose authorities cooked up a scheme with Google to let them see only what they allow. Google's only response to the leaked video is insist, incredibly, that their search engine isn't biased, despite their entire executive and management levels being completely in the tank for the progressive left. So they want us to believe that that we, their prospective users, are being presented with a totally neutral, totally objective search engine where nothing is filtered or left out, but on the other hand, they want to bend history along a progressive path. That's the circle that really can't be squared, and I don't think Google wants you to notice."

http://ace.mu.nu/

-rduckwor

Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
A bit off topic, but the Google executive in the yellow shirt reminds me of a photo that pops up in Sigforum every now and them.

Guy in yellow t-shirt holding flowers or maybe he has flowers on his shirt.

If you have that photo please post it.
Wondering if it is the same guy.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Keystoner:
quote:
Originally posted by Micropterus:
I watched it last night. Admittedly, had to fast foward thru sections of it. But I have seen enough. If Google's efforts on behalf of Democrats doesn't count as a priceless campaign contribution, then the sky isn't blue. They need to be regulated.

Regulated? That's what we need—more big government.

Aren't monetary campaign contributions regulated now? Isn't rigging a search engine to skew search results in favor of liberals a campaign contribution of significant value?

quote:

I sure don't see Jeff Sessions doing a damned thing about it. I view him that same way I viewed McCain. Whatever he did in the past that boosted his esteem has been lost by his refusal to now to do what is right.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:
A bit off topic, but the Google executive in the yellow shirt reminds me of a photo that pops up in Sigforum every now and them.

Guy in yellow t-shirt holding flowers or maybe he has flowers on his shirt.

If you have that photo please post it.
Wondering if it is the same guy.

Larry Page. But I don't recall the picture tow which you refer.

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
^^^

Yes.

Nonsense.

Other than a couple Android TVs, which we don't much use and could do without (and probably eventually will) and a Google keyboard, which I could certainly live without, we're not using anything Google in our household.

quote:

No, it does not. It touches only what you wish to allow it to touch.

Hell, if I wanted to I could remove my piddly little web sites from Google's search results with only trivial effort.

quote:

You don't say.

quote:

So I take it, by that statement, you agreed with Clinton's DoJ's attempt to break up Microsoft, and were unhappy with GWB's undoing it?

A supporter of Net Neutrality, you are?

Who else that holds a commanding portion of their market would you see the U.S. Government forcibly break up?

Re: Dumping Google...

quote:
It's not hard to do...but it's certainly not convenient if you are embedded in the google universe. It just depends how much you want to punish them.

We did it. Wasn't that big a deal.

quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Switch from android to iOS (not that Apple is much better in terms of politics).

Well there you go, then. Like I used to tell people who bitched about Microsoft or cable companies but kept using their products: Don't be bitchin' about 'em. You're the reason they are what they are.

quote:
I don’t see the US government doing anything about Google.

That may be because Google does not hold a monopoly on anything. For everything they do and every product or service they supply: There are quite usable alternatives. Several, in many cases.

Dominance ≠ monopoly.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:

quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:

Well there you go, then. Like I used to tell people who bitched about Microsoft or cable companies but kept using their products: Don't be bitchin' about 'em. You're the reason they are what they are.

I bitch about Apple, so I don't use Apple or their products. See how that works? I like Android, so I use Android. Period.

None of that means that I'm now beholden to Google in everything I do.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Speling Champ
posted Hide Post
What was with those stupid, infantile fucking hats being worn by the audience?

Posts: 1603 | Location: Utah | Registered: July 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Last night there was reference that Google controls 90+% of the information search content in the USA,

If Google controlled 90% of oil, gas, railroads, steel, phones, cable they would be broken up in a heartbeat, antitrust hearings would be going on.

Google needs to be broken up, they control too much data, and when you control that data you can control the narrative of discussions, you have the power to make or break companies, people, news organizations.

Posts: 23238 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you watch the whole video, you can see that Brin is a super liberal.. Page much less so and actually smile and slightly roll eyes at some of Brin's comments

2 execs - Brin and Ruth are SUPER liberals. The others like Ken, Page and somewhat Pichai are much less so.. actually I think Page may not be a real hard liberal.

Eileen is also just so so.. She said some conservative Googlers complained to her that they feel apprehensive revealing their political compass and she said that's wrong, we need to embrace everybody.

Go to 58:10 for the comments about fascism.. Brin was speaking in GENERAL terms, that cycles in history - boredom leads to nationalism and fascism and populism.. Page then interrupted and said he noted very deep anger from certain sectors of the population and that A LOT of it are warranted and that he hopes with GOP controlling everything now that good things will come out.. Pichai said similar previously.

Some of Googlers asking questions were just total snowflakes but that's not surprising.

To me it's no surprise really. We all know Silicon valley are full of libs.

Posts: 1803 | Location: Austin TX | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post