SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Powers Boothe has passed
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Powers Boothe has passed Login/Join 
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted
https://www.yahoo.com/tv/power...ad-68-021733028.html

So who's going to be the first to post the "Well... Bye..." Meme? I was going to post it, but I don't know if it would be deemed disrespectful. In this case, I would think not.

RIP.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5397 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Same page, bro.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/8180052424

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
And he's actually, dead, despite members posting that its an internet rumor. Check your sources before you start climing "rumor".

The first post that says "it's a rumor" gets this thread locked.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107554 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
Same page, bro.

It's locked...bro

Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
Same page, bro.

Ahh, no wonder I missed it. It was locked and I figured it would be within the first half of the page. I did make a conscious effort to see if someone had already posted it. I just didn't look down far enough. I figured that his passing would remain in the top 10 posts for at least a couple of days.

Apologies.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5397 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I know it's locked, but you locked it for a reason. I've seen you lock follow-on threads after you locked the original, so I was giving benny6 a heads up.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It was locked because I kept having to delete "it's fake" posts from that thread, after I could see that FoxNews, CNN, et al have the story up, which means it's legitimate.

I'm hoping people have now taken the time and can see that this news item is legitimate.

Check your sources before you derail a thread, please.

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I'm sad to hear of this. I enjoyed his work and somehow thought I would see him get to play another shady cowboy or two over the years. Damn.

Posts: 17119 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
He was a good actor, RIP.

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Had it not been for Gerald MacRaney's portrayal of George Hearst, Powers Boothe's Cy Tolliver would have been the most evil character in Deadwood. Hell, even Al Swearengen had some charm about him, and the occasional flash of kindness. Cy Tolliver was just deliciously evil, and I don't think anyone could have done a better job than Boothe.

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I was thinking that earlier. The scene where he talks to Hearst's lackey about "riding one off the cliff ever' now and agin'" made my skin crawl. The scene with the road gang concluding their plot arc stunned me. Nobody but Boothe could have done that scene, and the ones following up about it.

Posts: 17119 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
Sad to hear that. He was good in everything role he portrayed. RIP PB

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3762 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed him, and what a great, old-time movie star name.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not One of
the Cool Kids
Picture of enidpd804
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Had it not been for Gerald MacRaney's portrayal of George Hearst, Powers Boothe's Cy Tolliver would have been the most evil character in Deadwood. Hell, even Al Swearengen had some charm about him, and the occasional flash of kindness. Cy Tolliver was just deliciously evil, and I don't think anyone could have done a better job than Boothe.

I was just thinking that. I may have to re-watch the series now. A great has been lost.

Posts: 3911 | Location: OK | Registered: August 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
It would be appropriate if his grave stone had
his most used phrase "well, bye" on it as the only caption....

RIP Powers Booth...

Posts: 23419 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In addition to the already mentioned roles, I also enjoyed his role as Judge Valentine "Wall" Hatfield in History Channel's excellent miniseries "Hatfields & McCoys" that also starred Kevin Costner, Bill Paxton, and Tom Berenger. What an awesome cast! Mr. Boothe had one of the most distinctive voices in Hollywood. When he talked you couldn't help but sit up and take notice of what he said. He will be sorely missed.

RIP

Posts: 375 | Location: The Dark And Bloody Ground | Registered: July 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
I really enjoyed his work in Deadwood. He did an outstanding job there. RIP sir.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10909 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Boothe was in the visually stunning "Southern Comfort", another Viet Nam allegory. IIRC Shot in Lousiana bayous during winter, almost monochromatic but color, supremely subtle, almost silvery, just beautiful. I've not seen it in years, old tv made it look like mush. I might have to dig up an HD version but doing the original theater release justice will take something special.

At that time I was talking about the movie with a co-worker, nice guy but kinda scatter brained. Boothe's work stood out but my cohort couldn't get it right, called him Bowers Pooth. So Bowers Pooth it was for me from that point forward. No disrespect intended, RIP Powers Boothe.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8341 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
THE SIGGUY
Picture of SIGGUY (THE 1ST)
posted Hide Post
Dont forget his awesome performance in Extreme Prejudice with Nick Nolte. RIP.

-------------------------------------------------------2/28/2015 ~ Rest in peace Dad. Lt Commander E.G.E. USN Love you.

Posts: 5296 | Location: Great State of NH | Registered: January 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGGUY (THE 1ST):
Dont forget his awesome performance in Extreme Prejudice with Nick Nolte. RIP.
I certainly didn't. He will most assuredly be missed. RIP sir.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post