SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    San Francisco university lays off IT workers; jobs head to India
Page 1 2 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
San Francisco university lays off IT workers; jobs head to India Login/Join 
Picture of John Steed
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tanner:
The University of California, San Francisco on Tuesday laid off 49 information technology (IT) employees and outsourced their work to a company based in India, ... In addition to the 49 staff layoffs, another 48 positions that were vacant or filled by contractors were eliminated.
49 + 48 new Trump voters?

... stirred anti-clockwise.

Posts: 2084 | Location: Michigan | Registered: May 24, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
The phrase, "I didn't understand a word you said" shall be heard throughout the campus.

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2067 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Report This Post
Save today, so you can
buy tomorrow
posted Hide Post
This is how I lost my good paying job as a System Analyst about 13 years ago. A company from Chennai, India bought our parent company. They then started sending our replacements from India (we even had to train them ourselves). Few months later, our job was transferred over to Chennai. Company is still in Newport Beach, CA. Only account managers were left as local employees. Highly paid executives are mostly Indians.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: November 05, 2003Report This Post
So let it be written,
so let it be done...
Picture of Dzozer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1967Goat:
Yes on same.

(Anyone who has had to work with anyone in India should understand this phrase).

Q: Can you connect?
A: Yes on same.
Mad

A gentle reminder to please do the needful...

'Live long and prosper'

Posts: 3923 | Location: The Prairie | Registered: April 28, 2007Report This Post